It is currently Fri September 27th, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue September 29th, 2009 4:19 am 

To be honest I really must argue with the age and ranking system.

I can very much see where you are coming from, the idea that you don't want immature teens in charge of your clan. But do remember that there are people over 21 that are immature and there are people under 21 that are mature.

I think that what you should do is say that there are exceptions. Because I can garuntee you that trying to get anyone under age 21 will be much harder.

I think that you should say that if anyone under the age of 21 has been shown to go above and beyond and that they have dedicated themselves to the clan, than exceptions shall be allowed.

PostPosted: Wed September 30th, 2009 1:18 pm 
Inactive

Singular1ty wrote:

I can very much see where you are coming from, the idea that you don't want immature teens in charge of your clan. But do remember that there are people over 21 that are immature and there are people under 21 that are mature.

I think that what you should do is say that there are exceptions. Because I can garuntee you that trying to get anyone under age 21 will be much harder.

I think that you should say that if anyone under the age of 21 has been shown to go above and beyond and that they have dedicated themselves to the clan, than exceptions shall be allowed.

Exceptions are allowed but the people in question will have to prove they are ready before we would consider them for command descisions. That means coming up through the ranks to ensure we know the people by the time they are up for the admiralty.

PostPosted: Wed September 30th, 2009 7:46 pm 
Command Advisor

Yup whether we have an age limit we always have rank proggression dependent on demeanor and behavior. If that younger person stands out they will get rewarded the same as other members regardless of age. Our system gives the younger crowd a chance to prove themselves. The admirals can always kick them out if need be.

I think that our fleet is more concerned about having a very helpful and cooperative atmosphere than simply having a fast recruit process.

If we loose a few recruits in the process that is an acceptable loss.
"I feel that is just collateral damage". Our main goal is to create a dependable fleet, with dependable members. That goal should trump any need for fast growth, no matter how much Id like fast growth.

We will continue to grow for the life of STO. That is if we keep our fleet structured and cooperative. We will be respected in time by other fleets. We will gain friends simply by sticking to our values, and maintaining a great fleet. :)

Other players will decide to join us in time, when they see our abilities to stick together and stay active as a group are genuine.

Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota.

=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Thu October 1st, 2009 3:27 pm 

Singular1ty wrote:

Thanks man.

May I suggest some sort of recommendation system?

Like in the military when a soldier's finished with their posting the commanding officer writes an efficiency report that says how good or bad the person is, and those reports make or break your career.

so you may wanna have a system where the admirals can give reports on whether they think said eprson is good enough to command.

Exceptions are allowed but the people in question will have to prove they are ready before we would consider them for command descisions. That means coming up through the ranks to ensure we know the people by the time they are up for the admiralty.

PostPosted: Thu October 1st, 2009 8:15 pm 
Inactive

T'ruk Grax wrote:
Question on section 7.7 and 7.8, it notes that a squadron captain or rear admiral may promote someone into the rank of captain or fleet captain. Should that read rear admiral only, not captain?
Also, how it reads it indicates that the Fleet Admiral does not have any direct say over rank advancement prior to Commodore.

(in RL i worked with legal code interpretation, so sorry if im being picky, just wanted to make sure that it was reading as it was intended. :) )

with respect to the advancement of rank, if a captain has 5 persons under his or her command, could they all become commander level? If not perhaps the language could be modified to indicate why a person might be 'stuck' in the rank of ensign is not because they aren't working hard, but merely that there are no open positions above them within their squadron. If a division becomes full, perhaps a new squadron could be formed...and assignments of this new squadron will be made by the relivant admirals (at which time a VERY well-achieving ensign who hasn't been allowed to advance merely because of filled ranks might be granted a promotion to lieutenant commander for instance?)

These are just suggestions and thoughts. I submit them to you Fleet Admiral for your consideration. :geek:

you could make them acting (insert rank), so as when a rank does open higher in the line, they are automatically promoted

Alpha Squad
United Federation of Planets
USS Mercia NCC-9729
=/\= =================== =/\=

PostPosted: Thu October 1st, 2009 8:30 pm 
Inactive

Singular1ty wrote:
Singular1ty wrote:

Thanks man.

May I suggest some sort of recommendation system?

Like in the military when a soldier's finished with their posting the commanding officer writes an efficiency report that says how good or bad the person is, and those reports make or break your career.

so you may wanna have a system where the admirals can give reports on whether they think said eprson is good enough to command.

People already have to prove to us they can command before joining the admiralty or other command spots. nobody ever joins at a high rank. ;)

PostPosted: Thu October 1st, 2009 8:30 pm 
Inactive

Maverick wrote:
Yup whether we have an age limit we always have rank proggression dependent on demeanor and behavior. If that younger person stands out they will get rewarded the same as other members regardless of age. Our system gives the younger crowd a chance to prove themselves. The admirals can always kick them out if need be.

I think that our fleet is more concerned about having a very helpful and cooperative atmosphere than simply having a fast recruit process.

If we loose a few recruits in the process that is an acceptable loss.
"I feel that is just collateral damage". Our main goal is to create a dependable fleet, with dependable members. That goal should trump any need for fast growth, no matter how much Id like fast growth.

We will continue to grow for the life of STO. That is if we keep our fleet structured and cooperative. We will be respected in time by other fleets. We will gain friends simply by sticking to our values, and maintaining a great fleet. :)

Other players will decide to join us in time, when they see our abilities to stick together and stay active as a group are genuine.

well said ! :D

PostPosted: Sun October 11th, 2009 9:50 am 
Inactive

Please don't take it the wrong way but I see an inconsistency in the charter.

6.3.1 Has command over his/her department (shouldn't it be division) and everyone in it, this consists of anyone in the 2-4 squadrons. ...

USS Volga
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

PostPosted: Thu October 29th, 2009 11:58 am 

12th Fleet Charter is crystal clear, Admiral.
Read and understood.

United Federation of Planets
USS Stingray NCC-230776-A Norway Class
=/\= ====================== =/\=

"Assumption is the mother of all f#ckups"

PostPosted: Mon November 2nd, 2009 11:55 pm 
Inactive

Have Read And Understood The Charter. Forgive me for being picky, but isnt:

7.11 Vice Admiral: This rank is awarded to trusted members who are friendly, active and willing to work for the fleet and have shown they can be mature and command. These members are also required to be 21 years of age or older. They are appointed by the Fleet Admiral.

a typo? :ugeek:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next