It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed October 5th, 2022 6:48 am 
Inactive

12th Fleet Application Form

Please make sure that this application form is filled out completely and that sections of the form are not deleted because they do not apply. If a certain section does not apply then please put "N/A" as an answer. Please fill this application out as honestly and to the best of your knowledge as possible as this will speed up the application process - Many Thanks.

List all of your STO Forum Aliases, display names or other accounts: whiteshores

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character's Game ID Name@Handle (e.g., John@Nickname): One@Abramal

ARC/STO official forum name: Abramal

Please list former STO fleets (if any): I had one prior for many years, but took many years off and have frankly forgotten the name. In any case, I left it because I had the unpleasant surprise of finding that I was the only remaining member!

Reason for leaving former STO fleets (if applicable): Fleet was dead upon my return from a long break. I was the oonly remaining member.

Real life age: 38 (not too far from 39!)

Residence: (X) US, ( ) Europe, ( ) Asia, ( ) Other: Sometimes Japan, half-Japanese, but usually in the US.

Timezone (+/-GMT): EST / GMT-5

How did you hear about the 12th fleet? Rather mundanely, actually. I was browsing fleets in the social tab to see if anything caught my eye, and the 12th Fleet immediately had my interest. Handy that a suitable fleet was right there, front and center to be seen.

What made you interested in choosing the 12th fleet? I'm interested in a fleet which has a great degree of commitment to cooperative play, but also to accepting all sorts of play, as you do by the indication of your divisions system! As well, I am a YouTube content creator focused on showcasing accessible games for my fellow disabled gamers. This good cause is supported in cooperation with such developers as XBox and Ubisoft, as well as countless smaller developers. As the channel comes out of hiatus and back into production, I plan to limit my coverage to three consistently covered games, and I'd be thrilled to have an active fleet participate in my trek across the stars, all for a good cause! Admittedly, the presence of full fleet facilities also helps in that I tend to feature two or three high end "star" ships for the ongoing streams and videos, and they'll benefit greatly buildwise from those handy additions.

What days and times are you usually online?: I am online seven days per week on average, at any hour from morning to midnight EST. Due to my physical disability, I'm housebound and seldom away from my laptop.

Have you ever played an MMORPG? If so, which one(s) and how long: So many that I won't even attempt to list them all. If they've existed, I've probably at least tried them. The longest ones I played consistently were GemStone III (now IV) for 15+ years straight, EverQuest 1 (was a part of Guide staff on the game once), Ultima Online, Legends of Kesmai, and so on. I was, more relevantly, a founding member of Star Trek Online with a lifetime membership.

In a paragraph please explain how you will benefit the 12th Fleet? I am someone who appreciates virtually everything the 12th Fleet appears to stand for. I am a friendly, understanding fellow who has committed his life to charity and cooperating with each other for the betterment of all. If that isn't the core of a great fleet, I don't know what is, and it's what I bring to the table as a fleet member. I also have a tremendous amount of time to give, as you can see, as well as a great deal of experience with the game as someone here from the start. I'd love to work with you in any of your endeavors, and if you like, you're welcome to participate in the ongoing adventures featured on my YouTube channel for the benefit of disabled gamers! All in all, I'd love to contribute and just have a wonderful time sharing creativity and mechanics alike. I'd be lying if I didn't say I also appreciate that this is a well structured, established fleet with an active membership and full facilities. I've just done a bit too much over the years for a new fleet to really cut it for me.

Will you use fleet Discord (voice chat)? Y / N : Yes! I have so many Discord channels as a result of working with game developers, I am beyond even minding this. Further, as someone whose only career prior to disability was in voice acting in anime and commercials, I have a studio setup and am not shy joining in on discussion. My Japanese accent does sometimes slip through, but I'm fairly good at hiding it!

DIVISION SELECTION
You must choose a division you want to join inside 12th Fleet. The divisions within the fleet help us to administer the fleet to better serve our members, as well as providing groups for members of similar interest. Note that all members can partake in any in-game event, your division does not dictate what you can do, it gives you a place to do what you prefer. Divisions welcome all in-game careers, you do NOT have to join the division that matches your character's "career" in-game. Instead join the division that focuses on your main game-play interest.

Before you choose which division you would like to be in, please visit the following links with full descriptions of each of the divisions.

[Engineering] [Science] [Tactical] [MACO] [Section 31]

Now that you have read up on each of our divisions, please number your division preference from 1 to 4 in order, with 1 being your main/Favorite interest and 4 being your least favorite interest. After number 4, please just leave the others blank:

(2) General PvE [Engineering]
(1) Group PvE, Role Playing/Creative Writing [Science]
(3) Team Space Combat [Tactical]
(4) TFOs and Ground Combat [MACO] (Subdivision) (NOTE: Specifically dislike ground combat.)
() General Gameplay [Section 31] (Subdivision)

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
If you fail an Activity Check you will be made inactive and removed from the fleet, Please read our Activity Policy and acknowledge your agreement to the requirements below by selecting yes.

Do you agree to the fleet's activity requirements? Y/N : Yes.

We ask that, where possible, you provide Command at least 3 days notice of your intention to leave the Fleet. This has been traditionally considered good courtesy, and gives us an opportunity to conduct the necessary administration.

PostPosted: Wed October 5th, 2022 2:08 pm 
Vice Admiral

Welcome to the forums and good luck on your application.

Kuvak
Tactical-VA
(MACO/S31)

PostPosted: Wed October 5th, 2022 2:56 pm 
Fleet XO

PROCESSING

I am currently processing your application for 12th Fleet!
If you have not done so yet, please read through our Public Access Information.

PostPosted: Wed October 5th, 2022 4:25 pm 
Fleet XO

MORE INFO NEEDED

[INFO REQUESTED]

Hello Abramal!

I need some information to complete processing your application:

I am unable confirm you ARC/STO forum name: Abramal. Sorry, the current forum name is our chief security protocol.

When you have posted the comment verifying your ARC/STO name, let me know by either replying to this thread or sending me a private message in this forum. As a side benefit, posting in the STO forum also helps to bump our recruitment thread there. ;)

When you provided the information needed above, then I can complete processing your application. If you are unable to post in the ARC forum, need further information or are unsure of what you are being asked to do for the above, please don't hesitate to PM me, or leave a question in this thread.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I look forward to hearing back from you.

PostPosted: Wed October 5th, 2022 8:26 pm 
Inactive

Hello there,

So sorry for the trouble! I truthfully probably haven't used the official forums since before the game was released. I would've sworn the name matched Abramal, but the only one I'm pulling up as registered to any of my email addresses is bodhain (thought whiteshores might have been one from way back toward game start, as well)

In any case, I'd gladly make a post, but I seriously do not see a button anywhere to post a comment. Either this is a case where my legal blindness is really doing a number on me, or I'm lost or who knows. :) Here's a picture of what I'm seeing, logged in as bodhain:

https://imgur.com/a/MDWBRMv

PostPosted: Wed October 5th, 2022 9:29 pm 
Inactive

UPDATE: Good news! I was able to find my actual posting account, which was indeed whiteshores. I knew I had a redundant board account, and bodhain must have been it.

I posted on the thread you indicated under the username whiteshores - hope this helps resolve things!

PostPosted: Wed October 5th, 2022 9:45 pm 
Fleet XO

APPROVED

Welcome to 12th Fleet!

You have passed our security check, and are now a member of 12th Fleet!

Someone from your division should be along "shortly" (for sure within 24 hours) to give you your divisional assignment and game invite.

While you wait, I recommend you read our Member Access Information.

PostPosted: Wed October 5th, 2022 10:10 pm 

Welcome to the 12th!

Rear Admiral Stromgold - 12th Fleet Tactical Division
"I was promised explosions, and I shall have them."

PostPosted: Thu October 6th, 2022 12:43 am 
Inactive

Thank you! I'm so happy to have passed the trial, here, and look forward to a long while together as we adventure through the stars. I'll be about whenever the time arrives to invite me!

Speaking of, I hadn't noted until after the fact that there was a 30 day wait period on your fleet facilities. I have a mountain of fleet credits I've kept forever and had set aside for the "feature" ships in my charitable STO streams and Let's Play videos. May I ask if we can come to some sort of arrangement to get the items I need a bit sooner, so that the videos need not be delayed? I'm sure I have some things to offer in trade to help the fleet out, if so deesired!

PostPosted: Thu October 6th, 2022 2:23 am 
Fleet XO

LegacyArkGames wrote:
May I ask if we can come to some sort of arrangement to get the items I need a bit sooner, so that the videos need not be delayed? I'm sure I have some things to offer in trade to help the fleet out, if so deesired!

Hello Abramal,
I am running your request up the Command chain.

The 30-day probation requirement for new members was mainly put in place to weed out "fleet-hoppers," that is, individuals who for whatever reason choose not to make an investment in being a member of the fleet and leave soon after joining. The fleet store restriction is a legacy from when our fleet stores were new, and provisions from the fleet stores had to be rationed because we had not yet stocked up enough provisions to cover demand by our members. The probation period is a rite of passage that all our members have undergone.

Nonetheless, your situation is unique, and our Council can make an exception. I will let you know as soon as I can get a decision from them.

Amicus, Fleet Executive Officer
12th Fleet