It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

What day of week works for you? Change your vote as needed.
Mondays 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Tuesdays 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Wednesdays 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Thursdays 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Fridays 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
Saturdays 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Sundays 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 29
PostPosted: Sun July 22nd, 2018 11:19 pm 
Command Advisor

Come and join the Cavalry to help bolster our community.

Jay Maverick requests volunteers for an event in which all of our community will be welcome to participate. I would like to open this up to anyone who wishes to help host.

My game time is limited now days, however I will strive to complete a system in which different hosts can utilize this Calvary / Back-UP System. Which can help protect our members from feeling isolated from the fleet in game.

If you are interested in a certain day please feel free to use the poll and your vote as needed on the ongoing poll to help establish the best evolving day each week for this event. The goal here is to get our members together and hanging out more.

It will also help to bolster our fleets helpful and friendly image within the STO community.

This could be an on going event once a week and hosts may come and go as they need.

We can treat it like an Olympic relay and hand off the baton from host to host through out the Event as needed per everyone's changing schedules.

Volunteer Host list is as follows.

- Jay Maverick
- Kuvak
- Hatch
-
-

Whether you are a former member of the fleet or a current member you are welcome to join and have fun completing some Custom scenarios designed to get everyone together.

We will establish the best evolving system that will rotate its time frames.

Everyone is welcomed to step in and out of the battle zones as this event will continue through out the day bouncing between battle zones, fleet actions and privately designed fleet wide PVP scenarios.

=^=The 12th Fleet Cavalry=^=

We will establish an awesome presence with in a battle zone of choice. While the Cavalry is forming up we will present our fleet's best image and assist unknown players with in the battle zone. In doing so we will add new friends and allies to our mix. This will bring in new resources to help prevent our members from feeling isolated on rainy days.

There will be evolving scenarios designed to promote unique strategies.

===============================================================

Senarios 1 Titled (Hunt for the Red Maverick)
1st senario will involve catching a rogue Federation Dreadnaught Captained by the Notorious Rogue Captain Jay Maverick. This Senario will require all the Fleet to respond. We must Hunt down, capture or destroy the rogue captain before he can do damage to the foundation of the quadrant.

Senario #2 ------- ( Desparate Situation)

You and your fleet mates will be participating in a War Game testing your resourcefulness.

Everyone's Shields will be removed. All weapons will be removed from everyone on both teams except for 2 ships on both sides. The team may alternate which player ship on a team gets to use weapons in between matches or upon the weapon ship's destruction.

The Challenge

To survive and be the 1st team to get enough kills to win.

Star fleet strategists are going to be watching you to see how you fair. They will be testing your command abilities and whether you will keep your command or retire to a desk job. (Just a little RP for those that like it)

There is 1 aggressor in this test with weapons and 1 defender with weapons. The make up of the teams will vary based off of those who participate.

Jay Maverick the Host of the War Games will have the lead over the team make up so that there is less debate and more focus on activity.

The focus in this match is not in the victory but in the fun of facing a difficult challenge with a team of friends at your side. The fun will be in trying to think of inventive ways to survive and to over come a most certain death for you and your crew.

We are not trying to prove our selves to anyone here. We are just trying to prove that we can have some good clean fun together.

Scenario #3 ----------- ( Cat and Mouse)

In this scenario you will be playing a game of espionage. Stealth and dagger. You will captain your choice of Shuttle Craft and participate in Capturing Enemy Strong holds.

You will be supported by a team of Shuttles and your shuttles will be supported by 1 mother ship. This mother ship will be most vital in Capturing the Enemy (Mirror Universe) bases which are all derelicts at the moment.

However there is now strong reason to believe this sector's value has changed significantly to our enemy and that there is believed to be a discovery of a new natural resource. This resource is equivalent to dilithium however our intel officer (Jay Maverck) who was undercover was able to extract the information from some enemy informants.

This new resource Dubbed ( XTRIT Dilithium) Does not require recrystalization and infact has renewing properties about it, meaning once you supply a ship with this resource. It will never need a new supply again.

We must take every advantage of this opportunity and secure this sector for star fleet before the enemy Mirror Forces) can claim it.

This will be tricky. However, we are going to send in a small force to secretly establish defenses and make claims on the derelict bases. Once we have secured the sector. We can start the process of collecting this new resource. This will be vital to the federation that it has its own supply of this resource. The mirror universe Seems to be interested in this area.

Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota.

=/\= ============================ =/\=

Last edited by Maverick on Wed July 25th, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 28 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon July 23rd, 2018 4:02 am 
Command Advisor

The scenarios will likely be reworked and simplified for future use by different hosts. Making th experience more consistent and easier to implement.

We may create some loadout suggestions to provide modified pvp scenarios. So that people can save them and make it easy to present a more balanced and fun experience.

Last edited by Maverick on Wed July 25th, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon July 23rd, 2018 6:27 pm 

I voted for all days. I work a 2 week rotating schedule, so, on week I will be available on Monday, but the next I will not.

Links - The Phenomenal Phive - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJH7kl3Ne7OOsdLztUjBj1Q?sub_confirmation=1
STO WT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3YU32A5vea5JxSZxwYd80A?sub_confirmation=1

PostPosted: Mon July 23rd, 2018 8:06 pm 
Command Advisor

Zoltan417 wrote:
I voted for all days. I work a 2 week rotating schedule, so, on week I will be available on Monday, but the next I will not.

I have a similar schedule, but my days off rotate through out the entire week every week. so i never have the same days off from week to week.. This makes my ability to schedule game events very difficult.

We will have to work out some bugs as we go. Once people get a feeling for what this event is and how fun it can be .More people will join.

I am hoping to find maybe 4 or more different Hosts. That way if any one host can not make it. The event will stay strong and fun through a team of hosts.

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2018 12:06 am 

I tried to organize events of this nature some time ago, but gave up because of the time it took to develop fun scenarios that were balanced and did not end in either a draw or were too easy.

Hopefully you'll find dedicated people with good knowledge of the game and the time to invest into these activities.

If it does work out I'll certainly participate in the events :beer:

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2018 1:27 am 
Command Advisor

My solution for the pvp aspect is to strip every one down to almost nothing for ship equipment . We may be limited with the types of scenarios we can create. but only by our imagination I feel... I think it comes down to what people are willing to alter with in their ship load outs to help find a special balance to make the private fleet scenarios fun.

We must go into these scenarios with the idea of a (Kobiashi Maru) like challenge as vague guide on what expectations should be for the Pvp scenarios. The pvp aspect is really only sprinkles on top of the main goal. The main goal here is to bring our fleet and friends together in a show of strength and teamwork with in a battle zone.

This will not be true Pvp. PvP will not be the primary focus but sprinkled in enough to add flavor when the battle zones or fleet actions may loose our group's interest.

Thanks Sysil for the support! Biggest challenge I think I have to work on is the planning and scheduling of these events. So that the time frames will support or at least split our varying members schedules. So anyone can participate if they wish to. The event will likely be split into varying times between the hosts that are available.

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2018 3:54 am 
Command Advisor

Any of the hosts may call a fleet wide red alert and call in the 12th fleet cavalry as fits their personal schedule! I think that should create a rotating and randomized system. That should fit what we need. The hosts should be able to organize groups at the same time or separately on their own.

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2018 4:06 am 
Command Advisor

If any one wishes to put in their name as a host let me know on this thread here and I will add your name to the list.

I will ask that you wait hosting an event. Until I have finalized a simple game plan for all hosts to follow. So the events run smoothly.

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2018 3:44 pm 

My wife and i are taking care of our grandkids from Monday to Thursday. Those nights are serious recovery time because we deal with a 1,2, and three year old.
That leaves Friday and Saturday. I'd prefer not to host though. Most of my energy is used up by the kids. Sunday's kind of a day to get charged up for looking after the kids.

12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets
=/\= =========================== =/\=

Main: Sarira, Starfleet

PostPosted: Tue July 24th, 2018 10:20 pm 
Command Advisor

Don't worry about making the event this week or even the next 2 weeks. The poll at this point is to just
help me establish approximate play times available of players to host each week. The Calvary needs to be rebuilt abit before we get started. I am also out to California for 13 days on vacation this week.