It is currently Fri September 27th, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat August 15th, 2009 9:25 pm 

Yanek wrote:
I have another question here - there is lots of ranks but since everyone will be captain of their own ship in STO how you will handle ranks according to the game?

Safe to say we'll keep the organizational effort in-game, and respond as such. I may be an Ensign currently, in-game I'll have my own ship and when the Fleet is active together, I'll react to those people of superior rank to myself.

...I think.

/energize defense fields if wrong!

=/\= ============================== =/\=

Griffin Shade
USS Calgary || Oslo-class
Valkyries Tactical Division || Alpha squad
-----------------------------------------------------
12th Fleet
United Federation of Planets

PostPosted: Sun August 16th, 2009 10:05 am 

Griffin Shade wrote:
Yanek wrote:
I have another question here - there is lots of ranks but since everyone will be captain of their own ship in STO how you will handle ranks according to the game?

Safe to say we'll keep the organizational effort in-game, and respond as such. I may be an Ensign currently, in-game I'll have my own ship and when the Fleet is active together, I'll react to those people of superior rank to myself.

...I think.

As I understand it, even though everyone will command their own ship you still start as an ensign or as a lieutenant, and the officers aboard your ship will be subordinate in rank; as you move up in rank, there will be more variety in rank aboard your ship. So yeah, everyone will start out the same in game--but in fleet, we will have our ranks as assigned thus far.

At least that's how I've understood it so far.

Lt. Cmdr. Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon August 17th, 2009 1:32 am 

JamesTSkywalker wrote:
Griffin Shade wrote:
Yanek wrote:

...I think.

As I understand it, even though everyone will command their own ship you still start as an ensign or as a lieutenant, and the officers aboard your ship will be subordinate in rank; as you move up in rank, there will be more variety in rank aboard your ship. So yeah, everyone will start out the same in game--but in fleet, we will have our ranks as assigned thus far.

At least that's how I've understood it so far.

Lt. Cmdr. Skywalker

Right-o, that was my understanding as well. Basically we're a "guild" with "guild ranks" which happens to be assigned as a 'Fleet' with 'Command Ranks'. Different terms, same meaning.

Griffin Shade
USS Calgary || Oslo-class
Valkyries Tactical Division || Alpha squad
-----------------------------------------------------
12th Fleet
United Federation of Planets

PostPosted: Mon August 17th, 2009 8:08 am 
Inactive

Yanek wrote:

It is my understanding that our STO ranks do not directly reflect our 12th fleet ranks. the ranks we're using now are to provide us with a command structure and a way of knowing who is in charge of what. I'm sure that In-Game rank will have somewhat of an effect on your rank here in that a high rank in game means you have put forth a lot of effort for the fleet.
The FA will correct me if I'm wrong on this! :D

PostPosted: Tue August 18th, 2009 5:34 am 
Inactive

Yanek wrote:

Rank in game and rank in here are not the same,

Say i am a Lieutenant and you a commander in the game itself. that does not give you the authority to go order someone, especially if it is someone you don't know, they will quickly dislike you.

Though the rank in the actual game has the benefit of giving you more playing options, for the rest especially in contact with others it is simply there for decoration.

When dealing with larger fleet operations such as raids or massive pvp battles we use our ranking system. Also here and on the STO forums our ranks are used.

Our admirals all have experience either in leading in MMO's or other important skills, the higher the rank you have with us the more work you do and put in. And as a result, the highest ranks get their ships first and other stuff.

Basicly, you work the most you earn the most, same as in real life.

Now it is important to know that the hard workers get it first, you all eventually get what you want but later then those who work the most. I think it is a fair system and have seen it work with succes for over 4 years.

In wow for example they call it DKP, (dragon kill points)

PostPosted: Tue August 25th, 2009 11:59 pm 

looks good from here. although 6.7 6.8 and 7.5 should have the "C" in commander capitalized (sorry to pick at this. but i've seen to many thing go to production that haven't been properly proof read)

USS Lusitania NCC-93015 Nebula Class

Patrolling

Infected/Cleared, Cure/Cleared, Kithomer Accord/Cleared, Terradome/Cleared
Foundry FED: Player Concept Housing*, Great Raid (part 1), Training Ground 2.0, Ultimate Deathmatch, Redshirt Zombie, All Hallows Eve

*Down for Repairs

PostPosted: Wed August 26th, 2009 12:06 am 

I'll try to be on here as much as I can, sir

PostPosted: Mon August 31st, 2009 10:39 pm 

this is a very good and to the point charter

PostPosted: Thu September 3rd, 2009 10:12 pm 

Charter read and understood!!!! "Uses secret long range DOminion transporter device and beams himself to Riza"

PostPosted: Mon September 7th, 2009 9:11 pm 
Inactive

Location: Wichita, KS, USA, NW Hemisphere, Earth, Sector 001, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way
Sounds good to me.

12th Fleet
United Federation Of Planets
USS Hippaforalkus NCC-91212 Discovery Class

=/\= ================ =/\=

A dream that became a reality and spread throughout the stars.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next