It is currently Thu April 18th, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat April 30th, 2011 11:57 am 
Inactive

USS Salt Lake City
Poighet System - Planet Charlie
Fleet Rendezvous

Acting Captain Sylix sat behind his desk in his ready room reading the various status reports from the fleet while sipping on his Vulcan spice tea. He was particularly engrossed in the reports from the planet regarding the medical situation as well as how the ground action was progressing. Glancing up for a moment to check on the time he noticed that his XO, Commander Rosencrantz, was overdue on his own status update. Setting down his PADD, he lifted his hand to his combadge to ask for the update when his comm channel beeped.

"Bridge to Captain, we are in formation with the fleet over Charlie," Rosencrantz reported. "USS Eldridge and Proteus are holding position away from the fleet and comm chatter suggests the Proteus is having some problems and an evacuation of the ship is underway."

"Understood," Sylix replied. "Contact the primary medical facility on the surface and inform them that we are sending down some medical teams to assist." Sylix finished his tea and placed the empty glass back into the replicator for reclamation before walking back onto the bridge.

Commander Rosencrantz stood up from the center chair and sat down in his own customary XO seat as Sylix moved in to take over. "Medical teams have been transferred to the base on the planet, sir."

Glancing up at the main viewer which was split between a view of the 12th Fleet armada and a tactical overlay, Sylix noticed two red dots suddenly appear moments before his tactical officer spoke up to report the situation.

"Eldridge and Proteus under fire from two Klingon Birds of Prey!" Lieutenant Jarvis said. "Receiving a message from Eldridge asking for reinforcement."

Sylix noted his tactical display updated to show the ambush as new data streamed in from his friend's ship and ordered an intercept course. Seconds later, one target disappeared from the overlay, the visual side of the viewer showing a bright flash as one Klingon ship suffered a warp core breach caused by an overly bright phaser blast from the Eldridge. "That's what I call a lucky shot," Sylix said.

As the massive Excelsior-class ship began it's slow rotation, Sylix watched the battle unfold. Eldridge was doing an excellent job of staying in the line of fire between the Klingon ship and the heavily damaged Proteus. Streams of phaser fire blasted the shields of the Bird of Prey as it moved around trying to get a solid fix on the damaged Starfleet vessel. Sylix could see the beating that the older Klingon ship was dishing out and his heart sank for a moment as he witnessed most of the lighting flicker and fade from the Eldridge. After a few moments, most of the lights came back on and both ships resumed their slug-fest.

"Distance to weapons range?" Sylix asked Lieutenant Jarvis.

The Salt Lake City finished it's cumbersome turn and began accelerating toward the battle. "Fifteen kilometers, Captain," Jarvis replied. "Charging up weapons, shields at maximum."

A bright circlet of energy emanating from the Eldridge pulsed out violently in all directions, momentarily stunning the Bird of Prey and knocking the Proteus away slightly. Jarvis reported, "Sir, Eldridge fired off a charged particle burst. Klingon and Proteus's shields have been knocked out completely! Eldridge is firing!"

An alarm shrieked bringing Sylix's attention back to the tactical overlay. Multiple contacts were shown pouring out from the asteroid belt on a high speed intercept course toward the 12th Fleet armada. 12th Fleet was responding to the new contacts just as Sylix made his decision to engage.

"Helm, bring us about. Eldridge doesn't need the help any more and we have incoming. Tactical, coordinate with the Fleet on firing solutions. Communications, send a coded message to all 12th Fleet ships within range and tell them Poighet Charlie is under a major attack!"

Lieutenant Jarvis spoke up, "Captain, ships de-cloaking all around the fleet! Multiple Bird of Prey contacts!"

"Helm, get us in there! Let's see if we can't draw some fire. Reset the power grid to route some weapon power to shields and try to scramble enemy sensors!" Sylix felt his Vulcan demeanor start to crack. He knew that in less than a minute, the 12th Fleet would be outnumbered three-to-one. Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves and focus, he relaxed a bit in his chair.

"Engage the enemy."

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

=/\= =========================== =/\=

PostPosted: Mon May 2nd, 2011 7:56 pm 
Inactive

U.S.S. Proteus

The deck rocked under their feet as the first salvo of disruptor blasts hit, causing power to flicker momentarily.

"What the hell was that?" Kimara barked, scrambling to her feet and looking around at her officers, who had all joined her on the Bridge.

"Two Klingon Birds of Prey, one to port and one to starboard! Both are firing directly on us!" Loz answered, frantically trying to figure out what to do next.

"Red Alert! Get all power to the shields! We've got to survive!" Kimara ordered, while thinking Come on, Captain Alexander. I need some help here.

"Captain, the shields are taking a pounding. I'm not sure how much longer they can take this." T'Naas said. "Shields down to 50% and going lower on every blast."

"Captain, reading a definite power build-up in one of the Klingon vessels. This one's gonna hurt!" Loz said, bracing himself for the inevitable impact.

I.K.S. Ch'Daq

"Commander, the Proteus is losing shields rapidly. Breaches are starting to form on her hull."

It won't be long now thought Chu'Thak. "Order the Da'Orri to unleash a full disruptor overload directly into the engineering section of the Proteus. Tear her apart."

As the order was relayed, and the blast was charged up, Chu'Thak grinned slightly. Revenge was coming, and he had just gotten word that there was a major engagement that had just been launched at the 12th fleet. Today would be a good day indeed.

"Commander! The other ship maneuvered into the path of the Da'Orri's attack!"

"What!" Barked Chu'Thak. "Get another shot lined up! Bring them both do..."

His words were cut off as he watched the Eldridge fire at the Da'Orri, tearing the other Bird of Prey apart in a massive explosion.

U.S.S. Proteus

"Eldridge came in to intercept that overloaded blast, Captain. Good thing, too. It would have torn us apart. We have breaches forming on multiple decks and..."

Loz's words were cut off as the view port showed a violent blast as one of the Klingon vessels was ripped apart.

"Shield status?" Kimara asked.

"20%, Captain. We won't last l... Captain! The Eldridge just fired some sort of weapon at the Klingon that completely took out our shields!" K'Konek said, stunned.

There was a massive burst of energy that hit the Proteus, though not of a malicious intent.

"Interior scans show the crew was just transported off of the ship!" Three was astonished. Even though she was Borg, her voice showed some hint of emotion.

Damn you, Alexander. Warn me when you do something like that! Kimara thought. If I get out of here, I'm going to punch you right in the face...or buy you a drink...haven't really decided yet.

Kimara looked around at her bridge crew, being the model of efficiency they are. Her eyes were drawn to the view screen as the Eldridge launched another massive attack at the remaining Klingon ship.

"Klingon ship losing shields, no hull breaches showing on our scans, and their shields are rapidly recharging. They're preparing to attack again." T'Naas said.

"Open a direct comm channel to Captain Alexander." Kimara said. After a few moments, the computer chimed that the channel was open. "Captain, this is the Proteus. I'm sure that you have a transporter lock on each of us that's remaining."

Kimara took a look around the bridge, making eye contact with all of her officers, her gaze lingering slightly when she reached Aloani.

"Initiate transport of everyone except me, Eldridge, but maintain your lock on me no matter what."

Aloani's eyes went wide, and she reached out to protest as the blue beam appeared, transporting her to the relative safety of the other ship.

Kimara took one last look around her bridge before making her way to Engineering. She knew that no one would go along with her plan, but if she was the only one on the ship then she wouldn't have to get a second person to confirm the action to the computer.

I.K.S. Ch'Daq

"Commander, the Proteus is moving slightly, closing the distance between our ships."

U.S.S. Proteus

Kimara worked the thrusters slightly from the Engineering console. Adjusting the drift of the ship so it was angled away from the Eldridge and toward the Klingon vessel.

"Computer, initiate warp coolant purge."

Warning, warp coolant purge would lead to a catastrophic overload in the warp core. Came the reply from the Computer.

"Computer, override security protocols and initiate purge. Authorization code Ral-0725 Alpha 24."

The computer chimed, then almost immediately started the warning klaxon.

Warning. Core temperature rising. Estimate core overload in 1 minute.

One minute. Kimara thought to herself as she raced through the ship. Not enough time for much.

As she mentally counted down the seconds, she raced into her quarters and grabbed the two items she wanted to save: a photo album and the ship's name plaque.

She slammed her hand into her comm badge as her mental calculations brought the countdown to 15 seconds.

"Eldridge, get me out of here now!"

I.K.S. Ch'Daq

Chu'Thak watched as the Proteus drifted near. His weapons were trained on the ship and his scanners indicated that one more direct hit would take it out for good. Then he could re-cloak and recharge his well drained shields before attacking the other ship.

"Fire on the Proteus, all banks, all weapons. Now!" He commanded.

There was a brilliant flash and a tremendous explosion ripped through space.

U.S.S. Eldridge

The transporter beam faded and Kimara was immediately thrown to the floor as the ground underneath her rocked violently.

Aloani ran up to the pad to help her Captain to her feet. She looked around to see her two most trusted officers, Loz and Aloani, as well as a few people she didn't know, one of whom had Captain's bars on his uniform.

Kimara stood up slowly and addressed the man.

"Captain Alexander, I presume. Permission to come aboard." She said with only a hint of a smirk.

"Well I can't exactly send you back now, can I?" Captain Alexander said with a laugh. "Not without putting you in the vacuum of space."

"What happened? I mean, I know what I did; but what was the result?" Kimara asked, genuinely wondering what had happened.

"A hell of a blast, that's what happened. I assume, since it originated from your ship, that you overloaded your warp core somehow. Looked like the Klingons fired on you at the same time as the ship blew, but we can't be sure. Both ships were vaporized.

I have no idea what you did, but don't do it to my ship." He concluded with a smile.

Kimara smiled back. Her ship was gone, and so was the threat. Both a comforting feeling and a worry for the future.

"My crew are safe?" She asked.

The other captain nodded.

Kimara sighed. The last few days had been so frantic.

"I need a drink." She said. "Please join me, Captain."

Kimara waited for the Captain to lead the way before she, Aloani, and Loz followed after.

United Federation of Planets

=/\= ==================================== =/\=

Personal Logs: Kimara Ral || Syon Fen || Sifug
liquidzoo reviews

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 4th, 2011 10:54 am 
Inactive

"Woah."

James couldn't hide his suprise at the numerous datapads being lain on his desk. "Something I've missed, Commander?" he asked the Andorian who returned the look she was recieving before replying "Since we've been out of communications while on patrol we've recieved numerous distress calls and fleet orders.." She would've continued, but James jumped at the fact that he missed distress calls and began reading through them, carefully scanning each line as if his life did so depend on it.

After reading through them he glanced up at the Andorian "Very well.." he half said to himself while ushering her to follow him and together they began their long walk from the captains quarters. "Inform Riklaw to position his MACOs throughout the ship, if we get boarded during the fight I want it contained immediately. I want phasers distributed to everyone and all the essential areas of the ship - Engineering, Medical, Torpedo rooms, turbolifts to the bridge and so on heavily guarded with forcefields ready to seal them off." they continued walking down the large hallway which erased the possibilities that they were aboard a small vessel, nor a medium one from the reems of people walking around. They eventually came to a turbolift which they entered, James promptly called out "Bridge." and the doors closed on them.

When they opened onto the bridge, it was evident that the vessel they were on was massive - huge pillars dotted the bridge with holographic panels eminating from each one. And more people dotted it at the countless consoles. The Star-Cruiser Kilimanjaro was on her outfitting trip and thus the 'bare bones' were visible in some places. "Helmsman, lay in a course for the Poighet System. Mainly the Planet 'Charlie' where our fleet is desperately under attack." he sat on his chair in the middle of the grand-hall of a bridge, meeting the unsure gaze and the '..Aye-aye!' eminating from the young Bolian at the helm. "Gesar, you have the mission details uploading to your console now. Please preform a ship-wide mission broadcast. Helsman," James peered at the Bolian and made the iconic gesture "Engage!"

The massive, brilliant white star cruiser was floating through a thick micro-nebulae that gave it a serene appeal that most races would find beautiful, especially when its nacelles glowed just as bright before accellerating the bulk into warp with one destination - Battle.

Delta Squadron
The 12th Fleet
United Federation of Planets
U.S.S. Agamemnon
N.C.C. 93130-E
=/\= ================ =/\=
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri May 6th, 2011 2:54 am 

The anti-proton rifle was gone. In Angel’s hands now was an anti-proton assault rifle, capable of sustaining twenty seconds of fire before needing to cool down for fifty-five. He and his team, Master Sergeant Paunn, Cpl Iil, and PVTs Gerol and Herse were making their way across the cold desert sand to the main mine facility itself.

PVT Gerol wasted no time as he planted the charge on the door while the team stacked to the left, Gerol going right.

BAAM!

Iil kicked the rest of the door open with his foot then slid into the darkness right.

Angel came through the doorway third after Paunn with Herse and Gerol behind him.

Command hadn’t wanted him on the front line again. Which is to say Command Sergeant Major Ylim had wanted him in the CIC.

Angel had simply kept walking.

But the CSM had had to say it.

The assault rifle cracked as a gorn soldier fell from a gangwalk above them, Angel taking cover behind a thick metal panel for a moment as Paunn and Herse fired from a pillar to his front.

“Elevator sentries eliminated, moving to environmental controls,” Major Darchu of Lion Battalion said in the implant in Davis’s head.

“Clear!” Iil yelled, Angel moving up and bounding from cover to cover as they moved to the stairs leading to the upper levels.

They’re targeting you. He said to himself as they moved, quickly and silently.

They swept the second and third floors of the mine structure with little resistance found, until they came to the fourth and final floor. Iil bounded across the doorway and disruptor fire filled the space where he had been, flaring his sheilds to nil.

“Is that you Colonel Davis?” a voice called out. An Orion, male voice. “I hope you know that this will not be considered a victory, not for you nor I.”

“What’s he talking about?” Paunn whispered to him, over his shoulder.

“He’s Orion, they like to talk,” Angel answered. He motioned to Herse, who activated his stealth system and went back the way they’d come.

As the whispering started in the room they were prepared to enter, the enemy obviously registering that one of the team had disappeared, Angel called out.

“So you have a self destruct sequence huh? You know that’s original as shit right?” he said, leaning out from the wall so his voice would be sure to carry.

Iil shook his head from the otherside of the door and smiled as his eyes caught Angel’s. Mark looked back at Gerol who was smiling as well. Paunn only smirked slightly.

“Maybe not, but it is effective,” the enemy commander said.

“By the Prophets,” came the Lion Battalion CO over the net. “We have refugees, I’d say millions of them. Oh God, bodies too.”

Mark tapped his arm controls and the battlefield net went silent, leaving only his team net online.

“You wouldn’t by any chance give us a time on that would you?” Angel again called out, signaling Herse.

“I love how you love a challenge-“

BAAM!

The magnesium phosphate grenade went off like a charm from the window to the enemies left, exploding directly at the center of their group. They doubled over, some of them, while others had the sence to duck from what was coming.

Delta team entered the room in what looked like one fluid motion, the four MACOs one right behind the other while the lone warrior out the window entered on his wire and began unleashing hell. Phaser blasts and anti-proton bolts shot around the room as the last of the KDF forces at mine three tried to defend themselves.

They came around the Orion who had spoken, the leader. He was massive. His skin was green of course, but it was accentuated with tattoos that spoke of his battles and victories. But some were also of defeat, and Angel had to admire him. He was wearing black combat armor that was simplistic in design.
He had his free, left hand on his thigh as his right held the polaron pistol which Paunn quickly relieved him of with a kick to the forearm, the bones snapping with satisfaction.

He merely grunted as he wiped his eyes with his now only working hand.

Four weapons trained on the Andorian as he swept the commander.

“No detonator.”

“He said it was timed,” Angel said as he looked him up and down, analyzing. Paunn was behind him, wrenching the now broken arm around to the small of his back the other.

Angel’s eyes met the Orion’s boots, when the green lips parted in a sneer.

“Shit,” Angel said, trying to get off the ground as fast as he could, the Orion backing up as the Colonel leaped at him, running into the unsuspecting Paunn.

The surge of raw electricity hit the rest of Angel’s team, shocking their systems and weapons as an unknown amount of volts coursed into them from the metal floor.

The Orion of course was fine, with his protective armor keeping the destructive energy from transfering into him from Paunn, but there came Angel.

He hit the Orion’s chest with his feet on the bigger thighs and free right hand grasping the collar of the armor. While usually the green flesh would be easily able to hold the human, his hands were behind his back. They fell back and to Angel’s right, impacting the floor about the same time.

Mark could here the tech in his rifle and gear pop as the power destroyed it, just like he swore he could hear his flesh sizzling and his brain frying. Time stood still as he saw the green stripe of gut exposed by the body position of the Orion and lay on the same floor.

In reality it was a mere two seconds they were awash in electricity, but when Angel tried to move it was as if he was in mud. Thick mud that caused everything pain.

But the Orion was moving.

Mark commanded his body to respond and it did. He picked himself off the ground as the Orion got to his feet and tried to push the MACO over. Mark hit the deck again and tried to roll with it. He looked up to see a door slammed open by the green arms, instant light pouring through.

Angel’s body did as he bade it to do, getting off the floor and drawing his pistol from it’s holster. He glanced at his team, the blood coming from their ears and noses, but they breathed and were starting to move.

Then he level that pistol, all five hundred years of arciac design and simplicity, and put a .45 caliber bullet through the back of the sneaky Orion’s head.

“God damn that hurt,” he said, his own body hitting the floor a second after the now dead Orion’s.

“Yes Sir,” his team said in unison, and even Paunn couldn’t help but laugh, even as they picked themselves up, Angel helping the Master Sergeant, then walking through the doorway with the cold wind coming in. Pistol in hand to survey the team as Major Darchu entered the room behind him.

Semper Invictus, Semper Vigilans - Ever Invincible, Ever Watchful

PostPosted: Thu May 12th, 2011 9:46 am 
Inactive

12th Fleet Anchorage above Charlie

The Anchorage was in pure chaos. The Klingon, and Gorn surprise attack was going well. All around ships from both sides flew through the space firing at any targets that presented themselves. Through it all the Green Dragon slowly moved forward through the anchorage firing its many disruptors and torpedoes at any 12th ship it could. At one point one of the small light cruisers, a Miranda class, made a quick pass just barely clearing the Dragons prow. As the vessel shot away the dragons disruptor banks raked the starbord side of the small ship destroying her warp nacelle. As the stricken vessel tumbled out of control it collided with a klingon B'rel which failed to evade the doomed ship. As the battle continued it seemed that the 12th forces at the anchorage were indeed trapped and outgunned.

((As an OOC aside. Yes I'm aware I"m being very bleak, but I'm setting up. I just wanted to give the proper idea as to how this is going before I spring my next post. Feel free to add your own bits to this clossal fight, though please dont end it or destroy the dragon. :klingon: ))

=/\= ======================== =/\=
Colonel (Captain) Inry Koren
The 12th Fleet
Maco Division, Beta Squadron
Current Assignment: USS Admiral Kulakov NCC-91400
=/\= ======================== =/\=

Theirs not a problem in the world that cant be solved with the proper application of explosives.

PostPosted: Fri May 27th, 2011 6:56 pm 
Inactive

Location on board federation transport en-route to Starbase Valhalla.

Karadok replayed the message once again not believing what he had seen.
Admiral Quinn's face appeared on the monitor.

"Commander Karadok Lykos you are hereby ordered to report to Starbase Valhalla. Where you will be elevated to the rank of Captain. You have shown excellent abilities in the recent battle and the Devidian missions.

Once there you will begin to supply your new ship the U.S.S. Dmitri Mendeleev. It is an Intrepid class refit. You will need to round out the crew and await for the final repairs to be done. Once you are at full capacity your orders are to patrol the immediate area around Starbase Valhalla."

Admiral Quinn's image faded and was replaced by the UFP symbol.
So I did hear it right.....Looks like I have my work cut out for me fortunatly most of my senior staff is still intact...They are very competent.....I hope the battle is going back at Charlie sight

PostPosted: Sun May 29th, 2011 4:26 am 

Starbase Valhalla

Paltio was waking from a rare sleep during the crazyness of the whole mission. After days of sifting through reports in the cocoon (as he'd come to nickname the communications chamber), Neovo finally was forced by his officers to take some time to rest. Feeling refreshed, the Saurian was heading down one of the corridors of the station when a chill ran down his scales.

Did I just hear Klingon???

Pal backed up slowly and peeked around the corner. There, on a comm station, was a young female speaking to someone in Klingon. His knowledge of the language was a bit rusty but what the Lt. Commander understood turned his already cold blood to ice. She was talking about the station defenses! Neovo swore and then went looking for the nearest weapons locker. Of all the freakin luck.

Paltio grabbed a phaser and went back to the corner where he took a deep breath and spun around to a defensive stance. FRELL. The woman was gone with no indication as to where. With a sigh and the feeling of a headache already starting, Pal started a jog back to Intel section. This was not going to be a fun day.

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets

PostPosted: Mon June 6th, 2011 9:13 am 

Location: RY8-894-C; Northern hemisphere, 3.2km from Mine 4's generator.
Time: 0945 Lima. 2211 Zulu.
Personnel: Forward observer/scout sniper team Timber.
Mission: Observe enemy. Record guard changes and patterns. Record leadership evident. Record supply vessels, routes, content and quantity.
Targets: None at this time.

The two Starfleet officers were cold. Damn cold. When they'd first arrived at their objective, the hill they had called home for two weeks, they'd set up shop not only according to the manual, but as they had been instructed by warriors far wiser than they. The snow and ice had been replicated. The objectives easily in sight and with no obstructions. The white and blue buildings were almost hard to make out though among the ice and snow.

First they had observed guard sweeps and changes. They saw who came on and where, how, when.

Then they'd taken note of when new workers had arrived via both military and civilian transport.

"This is so **** up," 2LT Bulok had said, looking at the screen in their blind. CPT Doig hadn't said anything, in fact thinking much the same thing as she looked through her own scope, the crosshairs perfectly trained on the Nausican leading the transfer.

They were Timber because they fell whoever they were called on to. They were unofficially one of the best, because the best rarely came forward to show how good they were.

These people, these innocent people that had been taken from their families, their homes, their damn planet, were now on a completely different world, made to work endlessly for something they knew nothing about.

Damned KDF. But were they the only guilty party?

The Federation had called attention to this system, this one on the edge, taking the chance of the resources available. The enemy had taken notice of their notice. But in all reality even Charlie belonged to the Poighet. In several decades they would've found their way here, a little while longer and they'd discovered the decathium. It would have sped up their natural expansion into the universe.

From the Poighet's perspective, they could be dead. They could be with whatever gods they prayed to. This could be the culmination of their afterlife. To work. To die.

CPT Doig almost pulled her trigger.

After another six hours the el-tee took over her post while she bedded down, only allotted six hours of sleep before she was due to man the scopes and radio.

And according to that small piece of equipment, mine 3 had been taken two days ago. Over five million refugees had emerged from the mine, into the freezing air.

It had been a catasrophe. They were used to their planet, lush and green and warm. The KDF had compensated in the mines as much as they - dared. Just enough to keep them working. As soon as they had come out the cold had frozen their lungs, rendering the vast majority of them confined to the mine itself since, stuck in their own horror. Hundreds of their own people dead in the shafts where they had fallen. Thousands more dumped down the main shaft to rot at the bottom.

Needless to say she didn't envy Colonel Davis.

She'd met him more than once. And many times in passing on Valhalla. He was a warrior. Like her. But much more well rounded. He preferred a sniper rifle. He used a sniper rifle. He also used an assault rifle. He always wore that ancient gas operated pistol. And now he had thousands of civilian deaths on his mind. He had their anguish in his eyes as he had to give the order to have them pushed back to that mine.

The radio in front of her blinked with an incoming message.

{Timber this is Dragoon 6.}

She leaned in to type.

[Timber go 6.]

{Main battle force en-route in less than ten. Remain on station. Provide cover/battlefield intel. End.}

Doig pulled her thermal shield closer around her as she moved up to Timber 2.

"Switch, Dragoon brigade is coming in."

As Bulok moved down to the scope again he asked, "What's the plan?"

Timber 1 shouldered her rifle again, bringing the main energy shunt into her sights.

"If I know Dragoon 6, she'll start with fighter bombing, followed by fire-for-effect from artillery, then send in the troops. It's her MO."

And they waited.

Waited.

The Bolian captain swore she could feel the individual polymers in her gloves as she gripped the weapon in front of her.

Suddenly she registered several dozen friendly blips on the HUD, the peregrines shooting overhead and loosing their ordnance. The quantum charges they fired fried the mechanisms that shot them, but they did their job, punching through the generator facility at key points the engineers had identified from Federation schematics.

With resulting loss of power, the mine's early warning systems faltered for a moment, as did the giant transport inhibitor's defenses. Which is exactly when the artillery shells came over their heads in the massive arc that they traveled, three dozen impacting on the same line, cracking the umbrella in half, the structure coming down in a torrential splash of ice and snow.

Then the Peregrines again, this time though with precision phaser cannons and beam arrays, eliminating communication arrays and defense systems.

Finally they got their order.

{Fire at will.}

PEW! Timber 1's rifle sounded as she immediately loosed her insistent rifle.

Half a second later an Orion Matron's shields flared, her head missing. But she didn't see it. She'd already moved on to another target, the flunkie that bent down to confirm his leader was as dead as she could be.

Doig took out his leg, imagining she could hear his scream, swearing in his native tongue as he tried to apply the first aid to save his life. But he had done his job.

The squad came to his defense, forming the textbook cover formation to render aid to their comrade.

**** idiots.

She shot again and again. Limb after limb. Until they were all incapacitated. And then another team took notice of the downed Orions.

**** idiots.

They watched for hours as the ground troops advanced, took over what was left of the generator, the inhibitor, then entered the mine.

This time though they didn't come out with any Poighet. Instead they had several POWs, which was punctuated by the arrival of several shuttles in which they were promptly loaded into.

{Stand down. Remain in cover for 72 more hours, then report to Dragoon HQ in mine 4.}

[Roger. Timber reads.]

{Dragoon Xray out.}

"Is it just me or is it getting warmer?" Lt. Bulok observed.

PostPosted: Thu June 9th, 2011 4:47 am 

Starbase Valhalla

Paltio and his team were on high alert. Gone were the standard tight fleet uniform pants, and in their place were loose cargo pants with concealed phasers easily accessible. Each of the Dark Sasha crew members had committed the face of the female spy to memory. That in itself had presented a challenge as the spy had been very careful to avoid being seen by the security cameras; however she had made one mistake. As she was passing by a camera, the spy had turned her face towards the wall but a dead viewscreen caught her reflection just at the right moment.

Neovo was leaving the Intel section on the way to the mess hall. So wrapped up in his thoughts, Pal actually passed the girl before realizing who she was. DAMN IT!

"Hey, stop right there!"

Pal pulled his phaser and promptly found himself on his ass with the weapon sliding down the hallway.

"Oh please tell me you aren't making me fight you girl" Neovo said as he got back to his feet. "I really don't want to get known as a woman beater."

"Well if that's what you're worried about..." the spy said while shape-shifting into a male Gorn Ranger "...perhaps you'll find this form a bit more acceptable!" With that, the fight was on.

Pal led with a standard Earth boxing jab that was easily slapped aside, just according to plan. A sharp left uppercut to the chin sent the Gorn staggering back a few steps, and he was unprepared for the spinning kick the the temple from the Saurian officer. Neovo thought he was about to win when a thick hand snapped out and caught him around the throat.

"Gashphjars" fell from Paltio's lips as he flailed his arms and legs trying to break out of the choke-hold. It had been far too long since Pal had actually been in a hand-to-hand fight like this. Lights were starting to dim and he was losing the feeling in his limbs. Just as his vision went totally black, Paltio heard an electronic whine and the smell of ozone and the spy's body fell away from him and fell on the floor unmoving.

"Hey snake man, sorry bout that, my finger kinda slipped on the trigger. I know you would've got im if ya had another moment."

Paltio struggled back to his feet and glared at the young officer standing in front of him.

"Just because I'm friends with your folks, doesn't mean you get to call me snake man...Ensign 'Lumpy'. Thank you by the way."

Ensign Jim Turip saluted and bent down to check the body.

"Sir, this is not a Gorn!"

"Yes, I know. She..he...it is a shapeshifter and a spy. I wish you had your phaser on a lower setting so we could interrogate it a bit, but at least its not me down there."

Paltio and Turip secured the body in a sealed med container and parted ways, the Ensign to his shift duties and the Lt. Commander to fill out the reports, mourning the loss of another meal.

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets

PostPosted: Sun June 19th, 2011 3:25 am 

Angel woke up, and stepped into his boots.

It had been this way for since that first day, 66 standard days ago. He left the assault rifle, the sniper rifle, the Lirpa, the grenades and knives, but bringing along that tried and true 1911A1.

He stepped out of his home of the past two months, the same bunk he'd had from day 1.5, a thought to which he smirked at, and marveled at the process of war.

The small COB (Combat Operations Base) they'd originally hastily set up was now a full blown FOB (Forward Operations Base). People and hoverbeds went this way and that, shuttles, runabouts and fighters took off and flew overhead in uncountable numbers.

And the clouds kept rolling in with violent abandon.

After they'd taken the arctic mine, the ice had started to melt. The techs guessed it was because of all the weapons fire. Once water was present, it evaporated, which produced clouds, which was producing rain. The mean temperature of Charlie was now climbing by 0.2 degrees per day.

The Poighet refugees were set up in cities all around the FOB. They had been the truly unforeseen headache in Mark's tactical, warrior mind. He'd never had to deal with the cleanup before. Never had to see that effect that he, and those like him, caused.

He suddenly didn't have the power needed to feed them, house them, keep them clean, the diplomatic corps (all five ensigns and one Lt.) were suddenly up to their necks with issues and problems.

(OOC still ongoing)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next