It is currently Sat April 20th, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun January 2nd, 2011 2:19 am 
Inactive

Name: Aiden Lee Alexander
Race: Human Male
Date of Birth: Stardate 58082.1 (January 31, 2381)
Place of Birth: Salt Lake City, Utah, Earth
Career: Scientific Exploration, Xenoarchaeology
Current Assignment: USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Fleet: 12th Fleet Exploration Division - Epsilon Squadron
Current Command Crew:
  • Commander Sylix - Executive Officer
  • Lieutenant Commander Tamica - Chief Tactical and Security Officer
  • Lieutenant Commander Draifa - Chief Sciences Officer
  • Lieutenant Commander Seven of Seven - Chief Engineer

Bio:
    Star Fleet Academy
  • Stardate 73118.68 (February 19, 2398) - Gained sponsorship for the Academy during Junior Year of High School.
  • Stardate 74304.57 (June 6, 2399) - Entered the Academy in San Fransisco at 18. Curriculum adjusted to accommodate credits earned during High School and extracurricular studies.
  • Stardate 78219.34 (September 10, 2303) - Graduated the Academy with honors at 22, focus Xeno-Archeology.

Star Fleet Career
  • Stardate 78282.61 (October 5, 2303) - Assigned to the U.S.S. William Herschel as a Junior Archeologist.
  • Promoted to Lieutenant on a Deep Space survey in Delta Volanis for rescuing two landing parties.
  • Transferred to DS9 to examine and catalog artifacts brought back from Gamma Quadrant.
  • Age 24 Promoted to Lieutenant Commander and assigned to the U.S.S. Syracuse as Lead Archaeologist.
  • Discovered 13 different extinct civilizations as Lead Archaeologist before the Syracuse was critically damaged during an expedition that activated an ancient planetary defense grid.
  • At age 28 received a Distinguished Service Award for using that same defense grid to thwart an Orion Syndicate attack on the crippled Syracuse despite an unfavorable remark in the ship's log from the executive officer.
  • Upon successful return of the Syracuse, was assigned to oversee it's decommissioning and at the same time, supervise the design of it's successor, the Syracuse NX science vessel.
  • Promoted to Commander and assigned to the Syracuse NX as first officer.
  • Stardate [REDACTED] - During a classified mission of exploration, took command of the Syracuse NX due to the Captain falling ill to an ancient virus reawakened during an archaeological dig. The Captain was killed by the virus minutes before the cure was synthesized by the medical staff.
  • Age 29 Promoted to Captain and assigned to Khazon Cluster Exploration.
  • Stardate 84772.28 (October 30, 2410) - Reassigned to 12th Fleet to command the U.S.S. Eldridge NX-99173-A
  • Stardate 89954.34 (May 7, 2412) - USS Eldridge Lost in Action after rescuing the crew of the USS Proteus during the Defense of Poighet. Presumed lost with all hands.
  • Stardate [REDACTED] - USS Eldridge returned to Starbase Valhalla with heavy damage. Event reports and crew logs during disappearance have been classified Top Secret by Starfleet Command.

[All Ranks for RP Purposes]

Attachments:
File comment: USS Eldridge, NX-99173-A
2012-09-29_00001.jpg
2012-09-29_00001.jpg [ 165.33 KiB | Viewed 682 times ]

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

=/\= =========================== =/\=

Last edited by Shaker on Mon October 1st, 2012 9:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Bio: Aiden Alexander
PostPosted: Mon January 3rd, 2011 11:24 am 

Nice biography so far!

Quote:
[ooc: I may end up revising this later on because I'm not fond of the STO training mission.]

I think you already read my biography tips, judging the format you used, but like I wrote in there; you might wanna make your char a few years older and start your career before the Vega system incident. You can in fact even skip it completely that way.

Feel free to check how I handled it with Caitlin, I faced the same dilemma there and decided to keep the tutorial out completely in her biography. :D
(Direct link to Caitlin's bio is in my signature.)

Post subject: Re: Bio: Aiden Alexander
PostPosted: Thu January 6th, 2011 11:49 pm 
Inactive

Personal Log: January 5th, 2411

Dabo. Such a fun game this is. Especially when one hits the jackpot and wins a lot of latinum. Since we are nearly finished with our mission out here in defense of DS9 and are due for a rotation back to Earth for some long overdue shore leave, I've decided to call the crew back to the Eldridge from their short weekend liberty. I told them we were heading back home early, which silenced some ship-wide grumbles.

For me, I've talked with Admiral Quinn about a proposition I've had in the making. I would trade Starfleet Command nearly all this latinum I've been lucky enough to win, in exchange for a tour through the fleet's decommissioned shipyards to recommission a ship under my command. I have my eye on an older style Excelsior class ship that, with minor refitting, could be brought back into service with modern improvements. Quinn has already agreed and is talking with his bosses about the idea. With the whole of Starfleet seemingly stretched thin, I anticipate the idea will be quite welcome.

Personal Log: January 6th, 2411

Admiral Quinn has contacted me on a secure line a few minutes ago. He told me that Command has approved the transfer as soon as the Eldridge reaches Earth Space Dock. A crew has already been selected and is in the process of taking the ship out of mothballs and cleaning it up to prepare for the refit. A good thing about this refit is that it won't take much more than a few days to upgrade the systems, repaint, and have the ship ready for it's first assignment. Quinn also took the liberty of making sure that the 12th Fleet emblem will already be in place around the ship by the time we get there.

As an added bonus, he has also released a Nebula-class starship to 12th Fleet control. Seems like I'm an Admiral in all but name... but as Captain Kirk was once quoted as saying, "Don't let them do anything to take you out of that chair, because while you're there... you can make a difference." So while I will have direct control over three different ships, I will command only one at any given time. Out of my entire crew personnel under my command, all ships will have well trained and seasoned officers and enlisted that I trust to carry out any missions they receive, whether I'm in the center seat or not.

After the as yet unnamed Excelsior-class comes out of drydock, I'll have my command crews picked and assigned to Valhalla as station defense until further notice.

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

PostPosted: Mon March 7th, 2011 12:45 pm 
Inactive

Updated...

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

PostPosted: Mon April 25th, 2011 7:02 am 
Inactive

USS Eldridge
Starbase 39
Captain's Ready Room

"Captain's Log, stardate 85002.56.

"A couple hours ago, we received a notice that 12th Fleet was mobilizing for war against the Klingons. Full details of the transmission can be found in the secure communications archive at Starbase Valhalla. We are to travel to a little known area of space in the Hromi sector and liberate system RY8-894, also known as 'Poighet,' from an invasion force.

"We don't yet know why the Klingons invaded this particular system, but they've moved in and intend to stay for good. What we do know, is that they've broken many interstellar laws and it's now our job to rectify the situation. I'm not sure what's going on at Starfleet Command, but we'll carry out the orders to the best of our abilities."

Captain Alexander leaned back in his chair and sipped on his root beer, collecting his thoughts.

"We are currently docked at Starbase 39 for replenishment after our mission in the Khazon Cluster. I've let much of our crew take some needed time away from this ship while we were here, but after we received our new orders I've recalled everyone to make preparations for the upcoming operation. Despite the abrupt change of plans, the crew's morale is high and, for the most part, eager to participate.

"I've given command of the other starship assigned to me to my Executive officer, Commander Sylix. I believe he will be an excellent choice for this assignment due to his proficiency in tactics and ability to see the bigger picture when it comes to the battlefield. For a Vulcan, he adheres to logic as well as the next, but doesn't allow that to cloud his judgement when the needs arise. The crew of the USS Salt Lake City will handle themselves well. I've served with many of them, but there are quite a few fresh from the academy.

"We will be departing the base shortly for Valhalla before we make way to the Hromi sector to join the rest of the fleet. We have a couple surprises for the Klingons in store, I just hope they will make a difference when it's needed."

Leaning forward, Captain Alexander set his empty mug on his desk and grabbed a PADD. Stomach grumbling, he punched up the display showing today's menu from the galley.

"Computer, end log."

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

PostPosted: Sat September 1st, 2012 12:05 am 
Inactive

[OOC] This is an account of what happened after the March of the 12th RP thread up to when I came back to the game. [OOC]

USS Eldridge
Starbase Valhalla
Captain's Ready Room

"Captain's Log, stardate 89936.81. (May 1st, 2412),

"After making our hasty retreat from the Battle of Poighet with the crew of the Proteus, the Eldridge and the Salt Lake City rendezvoused here at Valhalla to drop off the crew.

"We haven't heard much about the front in Poighet, but from all accounts, the battles on the surface and in system are winding down. We will be heading back out as soon as repairs and resupply are finished. Meanwhile, the crews from all three ships are getting some well deserved rest and relaxation."

End Log

USS Eldridge
En route to Poighet
Captain's Quarters

"Computer, begin log. Stardate 89954.34 (May 7, 2412).

"Repairs are complete on the Eldridge and we are underway to the Poighet System. The Salt Lake City sustained some heavy damage and required time in the dry dock, so it's just us. I've recalled my officers in charge and they've resumed their posts here without any trouble. There hasn't been any updated reports of the situation so Starfleet has asked us to get in and report before taking any other action. I've ordered Red Alert status as soon as we get in scan range of the system and random battle drills to keep the crew ready for action. We've brought aboard some replacements for the crew members lost, every one of them fresh out of the Academy."

Capt. Alexander sighed and placed his PADD on the desk, "It's time I got some shut eye myself. Computer, end log."

An hour later, Aiden Alexander woke with a start as the Red Alert Klaxons blared. He heard Commander Sylix's voice over the intercom, "All hands, brace for impact! Captain to the Bridge!"

Looking out of the window, Alexander saw nothing in the serene beauty of space except the passage of stars in transwarp. A second later, something seemed to have slammed into the ship from below, knocking the Captain upwards and out of bed. He landed hard, jarring his left shoulder out of socket and breaking his arm as his body collapsed onto the floor in a sickening crunch. All lights went dark.

USS Eldridge
Bridge

As the bridge crew regained their footing as the emergency lighting kicked in, everyone thanked their various deities that the gravity plating still worked. Nearly every system across the ship was knocked out and backup power was barely online. Just enough for lighting and life support.

"Get main power back online!" Commander Sylix ordered. Practically falling into the center chair, he tapped the comm key, "Captain Alexander to the Bridge!" Silence. "Captain, please respond!" Nothing. Sylix turned to the comms officer and asked for a status report.

"Comms are down, sir. Internal, long range, subspace, everything."

Sylix pondered this for a minute while attempting to clear his mind and push the fear from him. Turning to Lieutenant Tamica, he said, "Organize teams and runners for communications across the ship. Find the Captain."

"Aye, sir." Tamica replied.

Sylix stood and made his way to the turbolift, "I'll be in engineering, Tamica has the bridge."

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

PostPosted: Sat September 1st, 2012 11:27 pm 
Inactive

USS Eldridge
Location Unknown

Commander Sylix entered Engineering, thankful that the turbolifts still worked on emergency power, though it took quite a bit longer than normal for the transit. He spotted the Chief Engineer working methodically under a console by the warp core, "Seven," he said, "What's the situation?"

Lt. Cmdr. Seven of Seven poked her head from under the console, "Main power offline, engines, weapons, shields and communications are out as well, sir. I am attempting to reroute power from the core, however a surge of energy knocked out EPS conduits all across the ship. I have teams repairing priority systems now. The warp core is intact and stable, but we can't go to warp."

"Good," Sylix replied. "Any idea where the surge came from?"

"None, sir. I do believe it was from inside the ship. Once internal sensors are back online we can trace the source more accurately. I don't believe the surge came from the ship itself though. I was running diagnostics and nothing was out of the ordinary." Seven replied.

"Interesting. Assign two of your people as runners until we have comms back up. I need to check other areas."

"Aye, Commander."

USS Eldridge
Captain's Quarters

Ensign Rogers stood outside the Captain's door and tapped the chime key and waited impatiently. Next to him was Ensign Bolton who looked at Rogers quizzically said, "Don't you think that when on emergency power the door chimes wouldn't work?" Bolton attached a door override and typed in the security code. When the door opened, both raised their phaser rifles and searched the room with the attached flashlights. After a brief search, they found Captain Alexander unconscious next to his bed.

"Captain!" Said Rogers, "Bolton, he's hurt bad, get the med kit. Let's get him ready to move to sickbay."

USS Eldridge
Sickbay

Sylix entered sickbay and noted that it wasn't as busy as the rest of the ship. With no communications available and power on backups, it was difficult to get the injured or dead to sickbay. Even the Emergency Medical Hologram was offline.

"Status report!" Sylix called out. One of the nurses looked up and addressed him, "Sir, we have a few wounded here, just bumps and bruises and one case of serious plasma burns from a ruptured EPS conduit. We've stabilized the patient and he should make a full recovery after main power comes back."

"Has the Captain been brought in here?" Sylix asked.

"No, sir."

"Keep up the good work, I have to get back to the bridge. Send a runner if you see the Captain." Sylix turned and walked back through the door and nearly ran head first into the Captain as he was being carried by two Ensigns.

"Nurse! Captain Alexander is injured, see to him." Sylix said. "I'm taking command until he's back on his feet. Ensigns, stay here and keep an eye on the Captain. Report to me directly if his condition changes."

"Aye, sir." They said in unison.

Sylix turned and made his way back to the bridge. What was that surge caused by? He thought to himself...

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

PostPosted: Sun September 30th, 2012 12:09 am 
Inactive

USS Eldridge
Location Unknown
Captain's Ready Room

Three days later...

The intercom chimed, momentarily startling Commander Sylix from the many damage reports.

"Astrometrics to Commander Sylix." Came the voice from the speakers.

"Sylix here, go ahead." Sylix placed the report from Engineering on the desk and leaned back, rubbing his eyes.

"Sir, we have until now been unable to identify our location. My team has been able to extend long range sensors for a short time and have located two known pulsars. We are attempting to locate at least one more to assist in pinpointing our location. Our best guess as of now is that we are located just inside the galactic barrier approximately three months from the nearest star at full impulse.

"Understood. Provide the coordinates for the nearest star to the helm. Good work. Sylix out." Standing up, Sylix stretched the tension out of his arms and legs and walked out to the bridge.

"Helm, you should have coordinates from astrometrics. Lay in the course and proceed at best speed." Sylix sat in the center seat and tapped the comm key. "Engineering, what is the status on warp drive?"

"Seven here, sir. Warp drive is still not functioning. Primary systems have been mostly repaired and teams have been sent to begin work on secondary and tertiary systems. The warp drive should work, however there is an energy source aboard the ship that is interfering with the generation of a warp field. Until we can locate and shut down the source, we can not go to warp. Internal sensors are reporting that the energy source is coming from the internal frame of the ship itself. I am unable to offer an explanation."

"Well done, Commander." Sylix said. "I'll get to pinpointing that source as soon as we can."

The intercom chimed again, "Sickbay to Bridge."

Sighing from exhaustion and frustration of bad news from all over the ship, Sylix took a breath before answering the comm. "Bridge here, go ahead doctor."

"Sir," came the tinny voice from the speaker, "the Captain has woken up."

Refreshed with good news, Sylix stood up and made his way to the turbolift.

"I'm on my way."

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

PostPosted: Mon October 1st, 2012 10:06 pm 
Inactive

USS Eldridge
Sickbay

Captain Alexander blinked his eyes and looked around. He was alone in a room he barely recognized, yet somehow knew he should. Trying to sit up caused a splitting headache and severe pain in his left arm. He just couldn't quite remember why he was hurt. After taking a few deep breaths to help relieve the pain, he glanced around again. The beds, monitors and equipment throughout the room told him he was in a medical ward, but where? On a planet? A ship?

"Glad to see you're awake!" The doctor said as he walked out of his office. "It's been a few days since the incident which brought you here. Can you tell me where you're at and who you are?"

The injured Captain shook his head, "Everything is fuzzy to me right now, some things are coming back but it's hard to think with this headache."

"Yes, the headache is quite normal for your injury. You hit your head pretty hard on your bed. I've treated your left arm and shoulder, though there will be some residual pain." The doctor walked to a small kiosk of medical supplies and grabbed a vial to insert into a hypospray. "This should help with the pain and clear your headache. Now, with the pain subsiding, try to remember who you are and where you're at."

The Captain sighed in relief, "Oh thanks doc, that feels much better. Let me think a second." Looking around again and able to start concentrating on his surroundings, the Captain started to more easily recognize where he was at. "Sickbay, aboard ship. Planetary medical facilities are bigger. Which ship?" He closed his eyes, trying to think harder.

Commander Sylix walked into the sickbay and saw that the Captain was indeed awake and sitting up. "It's good to see you awake, Captain."

Alexander looked up in surprise, "Sylix? Wait... I knew your name. You called me Captain." Turning to the Doctor, "It's coming back, I'm Captain Aiden Alexander of the Eldridge."

"Indeed you are, Captain." The doctor said, "I'm pleased that your memory is coming back so quickly. Sometimes this doesn't happen with coma patients no matter how long they've been out."

Standing up off of the bio-bed, Alexander looked at Sylix, "Ship status."

Sylix clasped his hands behind his back, "The ship was struck by some sort of energy burst, source unknown but Lt. Commander Seven theorizes that it came from within the ship itself. I have teams scouring the ship to determine the source. Somehow we ended up near the Galactic Barrier and are en route at best impulse speed to the nearest star. Our exact position is not yet known. Warp drive is currently inoperative due to the energy source that is preventing the creation of a warp field. Repairs are progressing well and we should be fully finished within the week, longer if the warp drive is still not functioning."

The doctor chimed in, "Captain, I see no reason why you can't return for duty. However, if the pain comes back, please come see me for another treatment. If you let it go too long the pain could become debilitating enough for you to be carried back."

"Thank you, doctor," Captain Alexander replied. "Sylix, I'll meet you on the bridge in an hour. I'm going to get back to my quarters to get cleaned up and something to eat. You're still in charge until I get up there."

"Aye, sir."

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

PostPosted: Sat November 10th, 2012 1:50 am 
Inactive

USS Eldridge
Main Engineering

Lt. Commander Seven of Seven studied her display intently looking for the source of the strange energy emissions. According to her readings, the energy was radiating from the structure of the ship itself, yet the most powerful readings were concentrated near the junior officer quarters on deck 7. Narrowing the internal sensors, Seven was able to scan each room individually and deduce that there were three possible central locations for the energy source.

Satisfied that she had possibly identified the source of the energy, she straightened up and tapped her combadge, "Engineering to Commander Sylix."

"Sylix here, go ahead Seven," he replied.

"Sir, I believe I have located the source of the energy emissions responsible for disabling our warp drive and other systems. I will take a team to deck 7 and perform a search to identify the exact cause."

"Understood, I'll be right there."

The Liberated Borg Chief Engineer called up the crew assignments for the three rooms on her display. "Computer, locate Ensigns Richards and Jessup as well as Lieutenant Goodeve."

"Ensign Richards has been reassigned to another ship. Ensign Jessup is in sickbay. Liuetenant Goodeve is in the Upper Sensor Pod.

With a solid lead to follow, Seven tapped her combadge and walked out of Engineering to make her way to sickbay, "Seven to Sickbay, what is the status of Ensign Jessup?"

Several seconds went by before she heard a reply, "Sickbay here, Ensign Jessup is unconscious but stable. We will be waking him up shortly."

"Acknowledged, please keep him there until I arrive. Seven out." Once again tapping her combadge, "Seven to Lieutenant Goodeve, report to sickbay at once."

USS Eldridge NX-99173-A
Logs and Biography Link

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]