It is currently Fri May 3rd, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Captain's Log: Illdin
PostPosted: Mon November 29th, 2010 9:37 pm 
Inactive

Iildin looked out of the window in his temporary office, sighing sadly as he looked over the scaffolding that was surrounding what was left of the USS Spartan.

"Damm it. Such a waste. Well old girl, we had a helluva ride."

He walked back to his desk and sat down with a grunt of pain, the wound on his back still not fully healed. Tapping the screen of his desk-pad, he continued recording his log.

"Continue Rear Admiral's Log, Stardate 88493.67.
The mission against Thot Trel's little incursion turned out to be much more brutal than anyone could have thought at the outset. The results, of course, are amazing. The Preservers, precursors to all of us, have returned to the galaxy. I, like most other Admirals, am glad that they returned with open hands and the wish to aid us, instead with the proverbial weapon drawn and intend on conquest. At least we might have an ally we can rely on - we can know for certain that if nothing else, they haven't been infiltrated by the Undine!

I wish the news of my crew was as good. The prize of having the Preserves among us came in high: ten of my MACOs are dead and fifteen more injured, six of them critically. Four engineering crewmen died of injuries caused from a plasma leak, with another three out of action for a few weeks while their lungs repair. Despite these harsh losses, I am more proud then ever of my crew for their abilities and have nominated a number for promotion.

If the state of my crew wasn't bad enough, the news of the Spartan herself is even worse. Despite the work of my engineers, the damage to the nacelles and matter containment caused by one of Thot Trel's suicidal pilots has proved to be too much. Thanks to Starfleet's latest "design your own ship" policy, it has been decided that the Spartan is of more value to the fleet as parts than as a fully-functioning vessel. Despite my best efforts of pulling strings with the 12th and Starfleet, she is being salvaged for components as I dictate this.
Fortunately, being a Rear Admiral does still carry some benefits, and I was able recall and take command of my previous ship, the USS Serenity. After calling in a favour with Commander Re'trel in Requisitions, it has been arranged that most of components from the Spartan will find their way to the Serenity. The redesign that Commander Kort and Admiral Saleen from the USS Wolverine V have put forward is very impressive and, theoretically at least, the refitted Serenity will be as powerful if not more than the Spartan was.

As soon as upgrades are installed and our crew transferred, the Serenity is off to Gamma Orionis to explore and patrol the B'tran Cluster. Tactical's Alpha Squad has reported increased Borg and Undine activity in the area and have requested increased Exploration presence. I'd like to think that we will have time to recover from the past few weeks by scanning nebulae and discovering new cultures, but I'm almost certain that we'll encounter Borg and Undine ships. If nothing else, a few victories against these foes will boost crew morale."

He tapped the pad again to stop the recording, his gaze drawn to the damaged Antiproton rifle sitting on his desk. With a smile, he tapped the pad again.

"Personal addendum: I have decided against repairing my old Antiproton sidearm and have requisitioned a new one. I know it's more of a Klingon trait to hang weapons on the wall as trophies, but I think this is worth being the exception to the rule. It might have cost me a week of physio and sore back for a while, but the look of horror on that bastard Trel's face when I shattered his visor with the stock before fracturing his skull is going to keep me warm at night for a long time.

End recording."

Section 31 Covert Operations Unit
Current Location:
CLASSIFIED
Current Assignment: CLASSIFIED
[=/\= ================ =/\=]

Last edited by Illdin on Mon November 29th, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon November 29th, 2010 10:25 pm 

I liked your captain's log, it's fun to see more captain's logs appear on the forums. :D

I do have a small tip though, personally I'd add the stardate/ date in the file too. Especially when you intend to write more captain's log posts it's useful to keep track of when certain events happened. You can also write captain's log posts that happened in the past that way. ^_^

Since stardates alone can be pretty confusing I'd also recommend putting the 'real life' date behind, feel free to check my own captain's log post (link is in my signature) to see how I did it.
If you intended to only write this post you won't have to bother with stardates though, but I hope to read more from you in the future. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon November 29th, 2010 10:30 pm 
Inactive

Knew there was something I'd forgotten! :)

Section 31 Covert Operations Unit
Current Location:
CLASSIFIED
Current Assignment: CLASSIFIED
[=/\= ================ =/\=]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]