It is currently Fri March 29th, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue December 17th, 2013 11:45 pm 
Inactive

Captain Will McMahon
Species: Human/Romulan hybrid (mother was Romulan, see below)
Date of birth: 27th June 2384
Place of birth: Reading, England, Earth
Career: Tactical
Family: Father; Captain Alexander McMahon (retired), Mother; Dhivael Neral-McMahon (missing, presumed dead)
Career history: Will was accepted to the Academy on his third attempt, and took mostly Tactical-oriented courses, as well as 20th Century Music & Klingon Literature. He was put on to a command course following his handling of the Kobayashi Maru simulation. After graduation in 2408, he was assigned to the Miranda-class U.S.S. Repulse, which was involved in the Borg invasion of the Vega system. Will was placed in command shortly after. Before his assignment to the 12th, he served on various fronts, most notably the Starfleet intervention in the Romulan Civil War.
Counsellor's notes: “Captain McMahon is an interesting case. He maintains close relations with his crew and considers their well-being his responsibility. This can be both a strength and a weakness- for example, when the original Temeraire was destroyed, he risked his own life to get the crew to safety. Since the incident with the Dyson Sphere, however, he has become noticeably uncomfortable in everyday life, and when I asked him about this, he responded with 'That's classified'. My predecessor noted a similar process following an operation on a Tal Shiar starbase. McMahon is often accused of not taking his job seriously, often by those who don't know him. Whilst he does have an... active sense of humour, among other eccentricities, I am comfortable in the knowledge that he is well-suited to command.”

Ships
U.S.S. Temeraire NCC-93466-A
Type: Odyssey (Tactical variant)
Armament: 3x Phaser Beam Array, 1x Dominion Polaron Beam Array, 2x Quantum Torpedo Launcher, 1x Photon Mine Launcher, 1x Dual Phaser Beam Bank
History: The original Temeraire was a Sovereign-class. She was destroyed whilst in service with Task Force Omega, and an in-construction Odyssey was renamed in her honour. The Temeraire-A has since served in the Pelia sector and the Dyson Sphere.

U.S.S. Golden Hind NCC-93586
Type: Defiant retrofit
Armament: 2x Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons, 1x Phaser Cannon, 2x Quantum Torpedo Launcher, 1x Transphasic Mine Launcher, 1x Nanite Disruptor Beam Bank
History: Originally a standard Defiant, the Golden Hind was severely damaged during the Dominion occupation of DS9, and was refit with additional tactical capabilities & a cloaking device.

Perseus NCC-94780
Type: Obelisk carrier
Armament: 1x Dual Antiproton Beam Bank, 3x Antiproton Beam Array, 2x Transphasic Torpedo Launcher
Hangar bays: 2x Obelisk Swarmers
History: The Perseus was one of several Obelisk-type ships found in the Dyson Sphere.

U.S.S. Supermarine NCC-93241
Type: Peregrine attack fighter
Armament: 1x Phaser Cannon, 1x Photon Torpedo Launcher
History: The Supermarine was originally part of the Repulse's shuttle complement. Over time, she has been refit for missions in the Vault & the Gamma Quadrant.

Bridge Officers
First Officer
Name: Voll'mon T'haph
Species: Andorian
Place of birth: Laibok, Andor
Date of birth: Stardate 60492.39 (21st May 2384)
Career history: Voll'mon joined Starfleet Academy around the same time as Will, and they became good friends. Following graduation, she was assigned to the U.S.S. Khitomer. She was chosen as Will's first officer following the Vega colony incident.
Counsellor's notes: “Commander T'haph is a down-to-earth professional, often acting as a voice of reason to Captain McMahon. She is respected by the crew, but her stern, authoritarian style of leadership means she is not really liked in the same way as Captain McMahon.”

Chief of Tactical
Name: Virat'tax
Species: Jem'Hadar
Place of birth: Unknown, likely a True Way facility
Date of birth: Stardate 82731.55 (9th August 2408)
Career history: Virat'tax joined Will's crew following the liberation of DS9. His impressive abilities have seen him rise quickly through the ranks.
Counsellor's notes: “Commander Virat'tax has found it difficult to fit in. He initially faced hostility from some of the rest of the crew, but he is more accepted at this point. He has taken a shine to physical sports, and often joins Captain McMahon and other officers for cricket.

Chief of Security
Name: Olarqwo Dlhott
Species: Bolian
Place of birth: Tragon, Bolarus IX
Date of birth: Stardate 68208.9 (15th October 2392)
Career history: Olarqwo is a recent Academy graduate. Her teachers remarked that she showed promise, but was unwilling to advance beyond that. Her family has a history of Starfleet service, and they wanted her to continue this.
Counsellor's notes: “Ensign Dlhott is deeply insecure as a result of being forced into Starfleet. Recently I have noticed her becoming more comfortable with it, though whether this is genuine is unclear. Several other officers have expressed concern for her, and I am preparing to give her a more detailed interview at our next meeting.”

Chief Engineer
Name: Six of Seven
Species: Liberated Borg
Place of birth: Unknown
Date of birth: Unknown, but physical examinations suggest some time in 2386
Career: Engineering
Career history: Six has only vague memories of her life before being assimilated, but what she does remember suggests she served on a Vesta-class starship. She was liberated by Starfleet after the battle of Vega colony.
Counsellor's notes: “Commander Six of Seven has showed remarkable progress in reintegrating to Federation society. She is a far cry from the cold, unemotional woman who stepped on to the bridge of the Repulse in 2409. The crew describe her as caring and motherly, and her relationship with Commander T'haph is stable & growing well. In private, she has raised concerns about losing her individuality.”

Chief Medical Officer
Name: Dr. Ryan Feduniewicz
Species: Human
Place of birth: Arkham, Massachusetts, Earth
Date of birth: Stardate 55551.97 (3rd January 2379)
Career: Science
Career history: Before joining Starfleet Academy, Ryan took a 4-year basic course at the Federation Medical Academy. His Starfleet training focused on field medicine. After graduation, he was assigned to the Luna-class U.S.S. Lovelace, where he served for 5 years before transferring to the Golden Hind.
Counsellor's notes: “Dr. Feduniewicz seems to borrow from the Leonard McCoy school of medicine; he often comes off as callous, but ultimately, he's a doctor, and that's what matters. Whilst he is often the butt of jokes, he is held in high regard.”

Chief Science Officer
Name: Taylor Perry
Species: Human
Place of birth: New York City, Earth
Date of birth: 6th June 2241
Career: Science
Career history: Taylor is the most recent addition to the crew, joining after an incident where the Golden Hind accidentally time travelled to the 23rd century {//I will write this at some point}. Prior to that, she served on another U.S.S. Golden Hind, an Antares-type survey ship.
Counsellor's notes: “Adjusting to life in the 25th century has been difficult for Lieutenant Perry, but Captain McMahon has given her special dispensation to wear her old uniform. Her appointment as Chief Science Officer may not have been the wisest choice, but she has made remarkable progress in catching up.”

[More coming soon]

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets
=/\= ==================================== =/\=

Last edited by optimusjamie on Wed February 12th, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed December 18th, 2013 9:58 am 

Nice Bio Optimus :)

I love how Will's crew is called associates :-) Good work buddy

PostPosted: Sun December 22nd, 2013 2:25 am 
Inactive

Added bios for most of the boffs.

PostPosted: Sun December 22nd, 2013 10:13 am 

Awesome work man! I love it! There is no ARkham in Massachusetts though :) If you'd like one of the real cities or towns I can give you a list. I'm from there :)

PostPosted: Sun December 22nd, 2013 12:48 pm 
Inactive

VoxArbiter wrote:
Awesome work man! I love it! There is no ARkham in Massachusetts though :) If you'd like one of the real cities or towns I can give you a list. I'm from there :)

Arkham is one of those 'stock references' some speculative fiction writers like to use.

Then again, it is relatively obscure...

PostPosted: Sun December 22nd, 2013 12:51 pm 

Right right I gotcha! :) There's an Amherst AMesbury, Attleboro, a few others :) if you were interested just the same. but I gotcha :)

PostPosted: Fri February 14th, 2014 8:58 pm 
Inactive

Another bio added.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]