It is currently Thu April 18th, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri June 14th, 2013 9:30 am 
Inactive

Captain's Log, Stardate 76295.62. Lieutenant Commander Sagardon Kahn, Commanding.

After a year deployment, the U.S.S. Yatagarasu and crew have proven themselves through shakedowns and conflict. The Klingons continue to press every advantage on the fringes of Federation space, while the Romulans are staging an increased presence in the Tau Dewa sector. The Azure nebula is teeming with Tholian interference, and the Tal Shiar have emerged from the shadows beyond the ruin of Romulus. In short, things are just beginning to heat up.

Jarek Cyphus extended an invitation to visit "Mol'Rihan," or "New Romulus," at our earliest convenience. My response probably came across as less enthusiastic than he'd hoped, but I promised the interest to "find the time" to accommodate.

We're en route at Warp 5 to Earth Spacedock for minor repairs and a technical refit. Our encounter with the Crystalline entity left our crew shaken, and our hull bruised. The Yatagarasu is a tough ship, however, and the tenacity of her crew is well above reproach. I am planning to recommend Zefyr for a promotion and his own command, and advance Ketti to first officer. As with all things, the Admiral must speak in favor of such decisions.

PostPosted: Fri June 21st, 2013 8:25 pm 
Inactive

Captain's Log, Stardate 76331.55.

Recent reports out of Beta Ursae indicate the Dominion may be making a renewed push toward Deep Space Nine. Intelligence reports suggest this arm of the Jem'Hadar may be an independently operating force, though recent harassment of Starfleet vessels demand a look deeper into their activities. We're en route to DS9 at maximum warp, although I fear that whatever the Dominion is planning may already be executed at the time of our arrival. I have called for a task force to assemble outside of the Bajor system. I've contacted the U.S.S. Starsider and U.S.S. Shrike for their support, and Starfleet Command gave them their blessing. It is my hope that with the assistance of Zefyr Tarquinas and Ash Nentiss we can repel the Dominion attack before DS9 is lost to us, again.

PostPosted: Fri June 21st, 2013 8:30 pm 

Good read so far mate, enjoying it :beer:

PostPosted: Sun June 23rd, 2013 12:30 am 
Inactive

Goldy wrote:
Good read so far mate, enjoying it :beer:

:beer: Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sun June 23rd, 2013 1:22 am 
Inactive

Captain's Log, Stardate 76349.25.

We've been engaging the Jem'Hadar for a week. The combat feels unending and our crews are battling their own fatigue to defend the sector around the clock. The crew of the Yatagarasu are doing their utmost to repel the Jem'Hadar from DS9, and their steely resolve never ceases to impress me. I am beset by a gnawing premonition that my instincts refuse to shake. Something feels terribly wrong, as if something in the shadows moves the Dominion. A lone, magniloquent Vorta leads them without Founder influence.

I've sent the U.S.S. Starsider through the wormhole on a solo infiltration assignment to identify the source of these Jem'Hadar. Meanwhile, the U.S.S. Shrike has joined our recent arrivals from the 5th Fleet to strike Jem'Hadar picket lines and keep them from regrouping for a coordinated strike on DS9.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Stardate 76350.5 Supplemental.

Zefyr Tarquinas and the U.S.S. Starsider returned from the Gamma Quadrant, followed by a force of Founder-Led Jem'Hadar. It took every bit of negotiation across fleet channels to ensure the newly arrived were not fired upon.

The arriving Vorta, Eraun, spoke for the Founder who sought to reclaim her wayward children from DS9 and the Alpha Quadrant. Instead of coming peacefully, however, Kar'ukan sent his "cowardly" Vorta host back to the Gamma Dominion fleet and then ordered his own to fire upon all opposing vessels. Like a swarm of Locusts, the surviving Alpha Dominion fleets converged on DS9, and—even with assistance from the Gamma Quadrant—we quickly found ourselves outnumbered and outgunned.

Four hours into the battle, the condition of our fleet grew increasingly despondent. Vessels from both allied fleets were either crippled or destroyed, and Kar'ukan firmly asserted his throne upon DS9. Our ship had depleted its store of photon torpedoes, and we found ourselves fighting on reserves. Our ship endured hours of punishment, and several decks were compromised. Then dozens of Alpha Dominion reinforcements arrived, like Piranhas swarming in a sea of blood. We prepared for the worst, and I ordered abandon ship.

Then suddenly, Ash Nentiss and Jarek Cyphus arrived, bringing with them a massive Federation-Romulan fleet that covered the retreating vessels while committing to the battle. In a short few hours, the tide had turned, and the battle was won. Kar'ukan was killed, and Captain Kurland was able to savor a fresh victory in the most difficult confrontation of his Starfleet career. May as well have been mine, too.

"Cannon to right of them, Cannon to left of them, Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd; Storm'd at with shot and shell, Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death, Into the mouth of Hell, Rode the six hundred."

We docked with DS9 to begin repairs when I received a secure communique from Franklin Drake. He claimed veracity of a recent distress call from Risa, and that I might want to investigate as soon as we're able to get underway. No rest for the wicked.

PostPosted: Thu June 27th, 2013 5:30 am 
Inactive

Captain's Log, Stardate 76381.21

We've arrived at Risa to find it an utter ghost town, though life signs merely suggested the Risans had gone into hiding from whatever had spooked them. We followed up on our instincts and moved back to the origin of our first distress call at maximum warp. We arrived at Rigel VII too late. The Orbital platforms and primary space station over Rigel VII were completely destroyed. We expected the worst. No Kalar lifesigns remained on the planet's surface, and the majority of the planet was engulfed in flames. We detected a faint warp signature augmented by far-reaching solar flares. The gamma matrices were consistent with singularity drives, identifying the Tal Shiar as a probable suspect.

We've been ordered to follow up any and all leads we can leading to the capture of those responsible for this act. It remains unknown to us why a pre-warp civilization was the target of the vicious attack, rather than the Rigelians themselves, but it is clear that our unseen enemy wishes to undermine the very mission of the Federation, revealing that they know our most intimate passions.

Captain's Personal Log, Stardate 76381.25.

Something doesn't feel right. This is not the work of Romulans. This act of barbarism is brutal even for Tal Shiar standards, and although the warp trail is unmistakably of a Singularity Drive, the weapon signatures on the surface of Rigel VII are of a type none of us have ever seen; their yield alone is worth concern. I cannot help but feel like we're being led into a trap, and that it isn't the Federation our enemies are trying to lure into the open; it's me.

PostPosted: Thu June 27th, 2013 9:01 am 
Inactive

this is a good read :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]