It is currently Fri April 19th, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 19th, 2013 1:57 am 
Inactive

Acting Captain's Log, Stardate 74721.72, Earth Date Friday, Nov 19, 2399 06:50:00HRS. Lieutenant J.G. Sagardon Kahn, reporting.

It's been four days since the brazen attack by the Borg on the Vega system. Captain Voight and half our crew perished in the rescue attempt on the U.S.S. Khitomer. The subsequent rescue operation on the Vega Colony, however, proved more fortunate. I've been ordered by Admiral Quinn to report to Starfleet Command for future tasking. I'd wager a mound of Latinum that this aging Miranda-class crate needs more than her usual overhaul, anyway. We're eight hours from Earth, and I've encouraged the crew to enjoy a week of shore leave. After our encounter with the Borg, stars only know what lies in wait in the far beyond.

[OOC] The logs of the USS Shrike, USS Yatagarasu, and USS Vendetta are intended to provide backstory, character dev/intros, and storybuilding for the upcoming RP / Fanfic I intend to write set in modern 2409. If there's any kind of "crossover" content in which the 12th is interested in reading, please do not hesitate to let me know or PM me about it.

Last edited by JarekCyphus on Mon June 10th, 2013 12:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 22nd, 2013 6:48 pm 
Inactive

Captain's Log, Stardate 75069.92. Lieutenant Sagardon Kahn, Commanding.

I am beset by a rash of indecision on the re-launch of the U.S.S. Shrike. Still, I can not help but feel that it is fate that today is First Contact Day, and I am bound for Vulcan to indulge Ambassador Sokketh in a sort of pilgrimage to P'Jem, a planet of no strategic value, but of a grand importance to the Vulcan people. While I retain some doubt in my ability to command, Admiral Quinn's assessment of our rescue of the Vega Colony suggests otherwise.

Last edited by JarekCyphus on Sun June 9th, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 26th, 2013 9:52 am 
Inactive

Captain's log, Stardate 75071.49. Our trek to P'Jem took an unexpected twist when a small contingent of Klingons suggested our guest, Sokketh, was an Undine infiltrator. By the time we moved to question the Vulcan, he had fled to the surface. After a brief pursuit, the Undine shed his disguise, and claimed one of a Klingon, after which he seemingly vanished without a trace. When a Tethys Dreadnaught arrived for the fluidian to make good on its escape, Starfleet arrived just in time to prevent its escape. There's no way to be sure we killed the infiltrator, but we can be sure we've kept him from escaping the beta quadrant. It's been over a decade since a Starfleet Officer has been in contact with Species 8472; that they've infiltrated upper levels of both the Federation and the Klingon Empire is far too troubling to ignore by either side. I fear this war may only get longer with fluidians influencing politics.

Stardate 75073.5, supplemental. A Rigelian approached me during our short furlough to Risa. He insisted Rigel VII was in grave danger, but urged me to keep that information off of official subspace airwaves, for fear of dooming his entire civilization. I don't know much about Rigelians and their clandestine passage of sensitive information, but I suspect there's something the stranger isn't telling me, and it is a secret irrelevant to Rigelian affairs that concerns me most of all.

Last edited by JarekCyphus on Mon June 10th, 2013 12:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 31st, 2013 9:48 pm 
Inactive

Captain's log, Stardate 75106.68. Weeks have passed with no further contact from Rigel VII. Given the lack of Klingon Forces in the region, no news is typically regarded as good news. Still, I cannot help but feel a growing premonition gnawing at my soul. We're on our way to Drozana Station to observe and analyze reports of Triolic Wave Anomalies emitted from Driffen's Comet. My First Officer, Zefyr Tarquinas, will be taking a leave of absence to join with his Maquis kin before our next assignment in the Aldebaren Sector. The crew of the USS Shrike will need to be at their best, should we face the Klingons there in battle.

Last edited by JarekCyphus on Mon June 10th, 2013 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat June 1st, 2013 9:07 pm 
Inactive

Captain's log, Stardate 75134.34. My crew experienced quite a month of April. Many of them had their first encounter with an Undine, while others met their first Devidian during our investigation of Triolic Waves. The Driffen's Comet was quite a sight to behold for our Science Department. The samples we took of its tail will enthrall Starfleet Command's brightest for years to come. Our youngest and boldest saw first combat with Klingons in the Sherman System but a week ago. Although we suffered no casualties, Chief Medical Officer Dazeera felt her host rather "strained" by the process of tending to so many wounds. The USS Shrike is a small vessel, and I think she's seeking broader quarters. I told her I'd put in a request. The crew of the USS Shrike is growing up quickly; I suspect everyone's pride is growing too big for their quarters.

Stardate 75138.5 supplemental. We're en-route to Earth Spacedock at Warp 5. Admiral Quinn has new assignments for us, and has called the Shrike's Command Staff for a special commendation.

Last edited by JarekCyphus on Mon June 10th, 2013 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri June 7th, 2013 6:36 am 
Inactive

Captain's log, Stardate [REDACTED]. I encountered an unusual man with rather ambiguous ties to Starfleet. He called himself Franklin Drake before disappearing, leaving behind a peculiar set of coordinates in an encrypted data transmission accessible only by my Chief Medical Officer, Dazeera. As it appears, Dazeera's last host encountered the Romulan Renegade known as Nero shortly before the destruction of the Hobus Star. The particular coincidence in question is that while the crew of the Narada was lost forever, children and families of the deceased endured for years on a colony called Virinat. While I am not entirely sure of the significance of Drake's message, I do know what it was he wanted me to see: the ruins of Virinat. When we arrived, nothing but ruins and derelicts remained in system. No shred of usable materials remained. I know not of what interest Virinat or the Narada descendants are to Starfleet or Drake, but it was made abundantly clear that Starfleet Command did not approve of our visit into Romulan Space, given recent tensions.

We're now on route back to Vulcan to attend a summit to stall elevated conflicts in the war with the Klingons, so that the Federation may peer deeper into the growing threat from the Borg and the Tal Shiar. Meanwhile, that the Romulans still have some role to play is something that preys nightly on my thoughts.

Last edited by JarekCyphus on Mon June 10th, 2013 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun June 9th, 2013 6:54 am 
Inactive

Captain's Log, Stardate 75365.63. A brazen Klingon attack interrupted the summit on Vulcan, leaving thousands of Vulcans dead and a few dozen Starfleet Vessels destroyed. What few of us survived the battle drove the KDF back across the neutral zone, but at a high cost.

We later learned that Captain Albright of the U.S.S. Ranger would be implicated in selling Federation secrets to the Klingon Empire in exchange for amnesty in the neutral zone. Captain Albright's first officer, a Bajoran named Ra Ketti, relieved him for his complicity in the crime and confined him to the brig. Half the crew attempted to mutiny against the decision, and we were ordered to intervene.

The crew of the Shrike, together with Officers and Crew loyal to Ketti, retook the Ranger. We later learned that it wasn't enough that Captain Albright simply sell the Empire the Federation's secrets. He was carrying an alleged Romulan fugitive the Klingons sought for crimes against the Empire. He abandoned his former Romulan name in the destruction of Romulus, referring instead to be known as Jarek Cyphus. A Romulan of the newly formed Romulan Republic negotiated for Jarek's release, to which the Federation auspiciously agreed in hopes to sweeten relations with his people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Stardate 75373.17 supplemental. I've been promoted to Lieutenant Commander and given command of the U.S.S. Ranger, a formidable Exeter-class cruiser; I stand relieved of duty from the U.S.S. Shrike. Confiding in Captain Albright's former first officer—whom I have placed on ship's staff and assigned as Chief Engineer—we selected the U.S.S. Ranger's senior Lieutenant JG to assume command of the Shrike. We ceremoniously promoted the Caitian Ash Nentiss to Lieutenant, and presented him with his badge of command for the U.S.S. Shrike, effective immediately. Before his release to the Republic, Jarek Cyphus remarked of his awe of my crew, saying that the tradition of christening my career of starships after great birds is a trend that should remain—not to detract from the Romulan predilection for birds of prey, of course. As the U.S.S. Ranger hadn't even undergone her formal christening ceremony, we elected to name her "Yatagarasu" in the light that our great fortune as a crew seems to have come on the wings of divine intervention. Before our maiden voyage, I caught notice of Jarek Cyphus shooting an approving grin at her bow.

I doubt very much this is the last we've seen of him, or of "divine interventions." We will be watching and waiting from the final frontier as we stretch our new legs in the great expanses of space.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]