It is currently Fri April 19th, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon April 8th, 2013 8:18 am 
Inactive

3rd day of Jo'vos, Year of Kahless 1022
KDF station Ganalda, Archanis sector, Empire-Federation neutral zone

"EEEAAaaaaa!"

*Clang!* Sparks of composite baakonite flew as the two warriors locked Bat'leths. Both faces scowled as they pressed against each other, straining to throw the other off balance. As they separated a furious exchange of strikes once again echoed off the walls. They circled each other warily, just outside of reach of each others reach with the 116 centimeter blades.

One stood stripped to the waist wearing only chocolate trousers over black mid calf boots, and had a gold material sash tied about his waste. His skin weathered from long days of his youth spent under the harsh sun of the Mekro'vak equatorial region rather than indoors, or off-world. The other stood shorter, younger, and wore the standard KDF battle uniform; however there was no mistaking the hostility that glared from his eyes.

"You fight well"

"Save your words Qa'Hom" Spat the younger in reply "You can speak to Kortar on the barge of the dead!"

The younger sprang forward and launched another furious assault with his blade. As the two Klingons clashed the spectators watched with mixed emotions. This was no training circle, no teacher and student testing knowledge. The casual insult earlier was no doubt leading to the death of one of the combatants. Again they locked together, this time the tip of the younger Klingon's blade lay close to the face of the other. Inspired, the youth gritted his teeth, and began to press his weight harder, slowly pressing the Bat'leth closer.

The shirtless Klingon twisted his foot, now with better footing, he began to twist. Refusing to yield his blade tip's position the younger one focusing on the tip continued to press it closer. Even as the other end of the Bat'leth came closer to the floor, and the two Klingon were bent awkwardly at the waist. Grunting the younger was determined to bury the tip into his opponents face. As the younger pressed again the other end of his bat'leth struck the floor, his opponent moved quickly releasing one hand from the Bat'leth the change of momentum catching him by surprise as younger one was backhanded across this jaw. The effect was like releasing a coiled spring, and the shirtless one continued his momentum upward driving his knee into the others groin.
"UGH" The youth stumbled back a step, and the other wasted no time swinging his Bat'leth in a one handed backwards arc into his skull. The impact lifted the younger one off his feet, and he fell flat on his back, motionless.

Wiping the sweat from his forehead with his arm the shirtless Klingon scanned the spectators, and found one stoic face. There was no masking his contempt for the outcome of what he had just watched.

"Does that satisfy the combat ability of the Hegh'Ta? Or would you like to step forward and back YOUR words earlier?"

He watched as the seated Klingon snarled, before he called down to the floor.

"The petaQ failed, he is unworthy of the Bor'tahKas"

The shirtless Klingon turned, then found a familiar face staring back at him, beaming with pride.

"Raijiin, see to him"

"Of course my HoD"

The Orion slid off the cargo container, and strode across the floor. Conscious of the eyes following her movements, she wasted no efforts to contain her hips from swinging hypnotically as she walked. with a flip of her head her hair fell across her lower shoulder as she bent down to examine the unconscious combatant. Allowing her neckline to remain exposed and showing much of her barely covered breasts. Raijiin didn't have to be telepathic to know many of the assembled Klingon's thoughts. She let a sly smile stay concealed as she worked. 'Let them be jealous' she mused.

"Skull is fractured, two cracked ribs, more bruised. He will recover with no permanent deformity"

"Can you revive him?"

"There is some cranial swelling, I would prefer a more in depth examination unless..."

She produced a hypospray, and paused.

"Your decision"

"Raijiin to Hegh'Ta. jolpa' cha tlj Qel Qah. JaH!"

As the red glow of the transporter took hold, she gave a coy wink.

"HoD of the Hegh'Ta, next he will collect stray targ pups" The seated Klingon remarked loudly.

"A Beq who fights with a Bat'leth is more desirable then a QI'yaH who hides behind others"

The seated Klingon jammed his wrist controls, and transported, followed shortly by nearly one third of the remaining spectators. The shirtless Klingon strode across to where his clothing lay, and began to dress. As he did the sound of martial practice resumed inside the training hall as the others resumed their activities. As he pulled his sash into position he heard a footstep, and the click and whir of mechanical augment behind him. Without turning he adjusted his garments.

"Yes Neghari"

"HoD qar'jeH, the transport from House of Suza has arrived, and we have finished unloading. The reactor cores have been scrubbed, and fresh Dilithium crystals have been installed and aligned. We have purged the injector assemblies after the overhauls, and stand ready to bring the reactor cores online."

"Good. Where do we stand on the disruptor cannons?"

"The Combiner gate valves have been inspected. The Plasma supply taps pressure tested, and we have drained, and refilled the Krogium injector tanks. Je'Neath is calibrating the Magnetic Torsion bar assemblies, and boresighting the main, and secondary emitters."

"And our crew requests?"

"House of Suza transferred 4 Warriors, and 6 jonwl' to our roster"

"So that brings us to-"

"One hundred seventy four, we are still understaffed. I know your desire to depart, but our combat capabilities are-"

"I know.. Inefficient"

He grabbed his Bat'leth and turned to face the former borg. Accepting her was the cause of some tension for his ship, but he could not turn away her technical expertise. Adding to the tension to the fact they were only so far assigned 'safe' patrols of the home Omega Leonis sector. He knew without the glory of combat few warriors would want to follow his banner. qar'jeH had traded a good amount of his supply of Bloodwine to overhaul at Ganalda station. His hope that getting his ship closer to the front would make it easier to undertake assignments along the neutral zone. However that was not to be, already his next assignment had come. Return to the B'Moth sector, and reconnect communications with an overdue survey team near the T'Kanis Nebula.

As they walked the corridor qar'jeH looked out the viewports, and watched a K'Tanco battle cruiser enter the docking pattern, still trailing warp plasma from one of it's nacelles. The hull freshly scared with Phaser scorch marks. Soon. Soon he too would return from a battle victorious; however it would have to come after his mission to the far side of the Omega Leonis Sector Block...

IKS Hegh'Ta
=== =========================== ===

Last edited by VMO 2 Vet on Tue April 23rd, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri April 12th, 2013 9:09 pm 
Inactive

IKS Hegh'Ta
B'Moth sector, Klingon Empire

qar'jeH put the PADD down, and rubbed his eyes. The third shift was half over, yet rather than sleep he continued to pour over any, and every intelligence file. Searching for some pattern, any need for his ship to get involved. He felt the gentle vibrations as the Hegh'Ta sped along at high warp, and knowing the T'Kanis nebula would be close by accepted the fact there would be no sleep this day.

He stood, and selected an isolinear data chip from the small pile on the desk before crossing his dimly lit ready room. Inserting it into the PADD he paused near the replicator as the file initiated. There would be a duty shift cook down in food processing where a fresh serving of... He pushed the thought from his mind as a quick glace back on his desk revealed the remaining reports he chose to sift through.

"Raktajino hot, with jacarine peel"

As the beverage materialized he looked at the PADD now listing ship movements in the Tau Dewa sector block. qar'jeH took a sip, absently crossing toward the viewport as the stimulating drink began to take hold he noticed a steady increase of ship assignments recently listed. The door opened, startling the new arrival as he took another sip.

"HoD I didn't expect you to be awake at this hour"

"Is the call console inoperative?"

"No. I.. just... Forgive me"

"You have business in my office?"

"Yes!" The duty shift officer regained her composure "Reports of the primary and secondary disruptor cannon overhaul and re-calibration."

qar'jeH moved to the desk, and put his PADD down then extended his hand to the officer. She walked over, handed him the report, then took a step back, and paused.

"Something else?" He asked still going over the report.

"My new 'volunteer' is still asking to see you, he is rather insistent"

"A matter you can not resolve?"

"No HoD he is asking to be allowed to commit Hegh'bat"

qar'jeH looked up, studying the face and demeanor of the officer before him. Trying to gauge if this was the mood and morale of the ship, or simply the isolated case of the 'volunteer' in question. Murmuring had begun on board, but to delve as far as Hegh'bat rituals more discord would have been present. Even this junior duty shift officer would have known the pulse of the crew if overall morale had fallen this low. This had to be a specific isolated situation more than crew dis-satisfaction.

"Send him in"

Relief was clearly evident in her face as Je'Neath departed. Even though she was new to the position of yaS wejDlch her performance was far above average, and looking over her reports, and simulations qar'jeH was pleased at the thought of confirming her position to Third Officer permanently. He continued to read over her tactical performance assessment. Confident that when the Hegh'Ta did see combat Je'Neath would have the tactical station well in hand.

The door chime signaled his 'volunteer' had arrived, and qar'jeH went to the desk, and took his seat. Leaving the 2 PADD's, and 1 isolinear chip, he moved remainder into a drawer. Before taking a deep breath.

"Come"

The door slid open, and in strode the younger Klingon qar'jeH had battled at Ganalda. He still showed the bruise near his temple from the Bat'leth strike. While some of the fire had diminished in his eyes, his clenched jaw showed plenty of hostility still remained in the young warrior. He stoped near the desk, and stood rigid, with both fists clenched.

"HoD" He spat. "I invoke the rite to commit Hegh'bat for being snatched by this dishonorable ship"

IKS Hegh'Ta

Last edited by VMO 2 Vet on Tue April 23rd, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat April 13th, 2013 11:02 pm 

Great story so far, looking forward to more!

PostPosted: Tue April 23rd, 2013 11:56 pm 
Inactive

Captain's office, IKS Hegh'Ta
Approaching T'Kanis Nebula, B'Moth sector, Klingon Empire

Leaning back in the chair qar'jeH placed his elbows on the rests and folded one hand within the other.

"Dishonorable act? Validate your claim!"

The younger Klingon puffed his chest with pride, head tilted up. "I am here"

"Yes, and?"

The question snapped the confidence from the younger Klingon momentarily. He looked down straight at qar'jeH. Almost instantly the eyes once filled with searching were replaced with anger.

"You didn't kill me. Rather than allow me passage to Sto'Vo'Kor.. I am kept here.. Confined.. I am unable to fight, and hence unable to live as a warrior anymore." He dropped his gaze. "I am obligated to commit hegh'bat"

"Cha'hok you are no prisoner here, no conquest trophy. Our fight at Ganalda station was an insult avenged between the Hegh'Ta and bor'tahKas. No personal honor at stake between you and I"

"But I was defeated." His voice trailed off. "By a Martok..."

"Martok? You are mistaken I am no Martok-"

"Yes you are!" He half shouted. "I saw you at Forcas III"

"The Bat'leth tournament? This is why you were so insisting on Bat'leths at Ganalda?"

"Yes. I was to restore the honor to my house"

"House Konjah?" qar'jeH gestured to the younger Klingons tunic. "You do not wear-"

"I am Cha'hok, son of Rethar. House of Torg!" He again stood tall. "You, and all of House Martok will someday pay for the dishonor you brought to my house"

"And yet you do not honor your house by wearing the crest on your tunic"

Cha'hok glared at him. "My last HoD forced us to wear his house's crest" He spat.

"First you will remove that crest. While on the Hegh'Ta you will wear what the crew has been assigned to wear. Either your personal house, or the house this vessel was commissioned for service to, House of Suza"

Cha'hok's had shot up, and tore the badge from his chest. it clinked softly as he tossed it upon qar'jeH's desk.

"Second no Hegh'bat ritual." qar'jeH held his hand up to silence the upcoming protest. "House of Martok, and Torg have bad blood, and history. Fine, but this ship serves the Klingon Empire first, then Suza. It is true I partook in the Bat'leth tournament to represent House Martok. I was under contract with Lady Sirella when a Romulan assassin killed her participant at Foracas III, M'ven. As the only representative of the house available it was my duty to step forward, and save face for the house.

"Next you will say it was the House of Torg that hired this Romulan assassin" Cha'hok snorted.

"It is your house... You tell me"

They locked eyes for a moment, finally Cha'hok looked away. His gaze fell out the viewport, it was clear his emotions were turbulent, and his anger remained.

"I am no magistrate, or wish to deal in court matters or House politics. The matter is between Martok, and Torg if you wish to pursue it further I will not hinder your efforts. When we return, I will sign your transfer request, provided you perform to standards. We did not steal you in the night. You were transferred by your last captain to the Defense Force re-allotment pool at Ganalda. As you were already in our Med-lab unconscious it was merely a formality to get the personnel officer to approve your posting."

"These 'standards' will be determined by who?"

"Klingon Defense Force Training Academy at Ogat, and the Dek'Go'Kor Naval Academy regulations set forth for this vessels class"

"Anything else, HoD?"

qar'jeH reached down and picked up the D'k tahg from the drawer and placed it on the desk. Although Cha'hok tried to retain his stoic composure his eyes betrayed his excitement at seeing his family's knife laying in the sheathe before him.

"You are a Beq of the Hegh'Ta. You actions will reflect on the honor of your ship, your captain, and your house"

As Cha'hok stepped forward and reached for the knife the comm panel chimed. qar'jeH keyed it ready for any sudden movements from the young Klingon.

"HoD we have detected an energy spike just under three light years distant. A narrow band sensor scan revealed trace elements of Duranium, Baakten, Kar'dasnoth, and Kovenium monoteserite. Sensors are picking up residual plasma residue; however, we are getting interference from some unidentified energy readings"

"Interference from the Nebula? Can you re-calibrate?"

"We are attempting to compensate, but the trajectory places the energy spike in the Norgh system"

"Engage cloaking, wake all hands, and adjust course to investigate"

IKS Hegh'Ta

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]