It is currently Fri March 29th, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: A short career
PostPosted: Wed August 1st, 2012 12:15 pm 

A little story I have written that i like to call: A short career. Enjoy!
Tell me what you think.

"But why me?" Sam asked the commander, "I graduated only 2 days ago and your asking me to do this?"
"You will find out soon enough why we chose you, report to the briefing room tommorow at 0900 sharp." The commander replied. "Yes sir!"
The commander walked away and Sam stood there thinking, why would an Ensign be asked to do this. He went to his quarters to get some sleep. He coulnd't sleep, Sam could only think of what he was going to hear during tommorows briefing.
The next day he went to the briefing room and he was a bit early, to his suprise he wasn't the only one there. Sam was most supprised about the fact that everyone that was here had also graduated two days ago.
He walked up to a friend of his, however before he could say anything the commander walked in and they snapped to attention. "At ease." the commander said and they sat down. "Who is the guy next to him?" Sam thought to himself. The commander had walked in acompanied by a man in black clothes.
"As you all know, my name is Commander Collins. You are all here because you were invited by me personally." The commander started.
Sam could not help to think he had seen the man in the black clothes before.
"The mission itself is quite simple, you will be stationed at Deepspace K-7 and investigate suspicious activity. There are reports that part of the engineering and medical team are trying to sabotage K-7 into firing its defensive weapons at Klingon ships in the area. If this would happen the war with the KDF will expand itself into the neutral sector. There are 4 of you for each of the sections, engineering and medical. You will join in and try to find out who is trying to sabotage K-7."
Out of nowhere the man in black started talking. "There are also reports that these people belong to the terrorist organisation AFR and they have been known to try and recruit new members at the Acedemy, this is why we chose you, 2 of you will pose as new AFR recruits to figure out who sabotages K-7"
"Who will be the two posing as AFR recruits?" a young Pakled male asked.
"Ah yes." the commander replied. "Ensign Romaro and Ensign T'mer will be the two posing as the recruits"
"What will the rest of us do?" Sam asked.
"The rest of you will be doing the jobs of a normal engineer or doctor, with the addition of looking out for suspicious activity. If there are no further questions, you are all dismissed. Start packing because you're leaving tommorow." The commander and the man in black walked out of the door.
Sam felt excited and scared, how were they going to do this? "I guess ill find that out tommorow" he murmeled to himself. Without saying anything, Sam left the room and went to his quarters to start packing.
The next day he and his team were waiting for their transport to arrive. It was an older class transport so the trip to K-7 would take 3 days. They would go trough the normal procedures any new officer coming to work at K-7 would. When the transport arrived they saw that they were not he only ones going to K-7, two MACO's were also going to the base. Sam did no pay much attention to them and went to his bed on the ship as soon as he could. The trip itself was nothing special, most of the time they would play a card game or read something, they never mentioned the mission, as they were ordered.
When they arrived at K-7 they split ways, Ensign T'Mer and 3 others went on to sickbay and Sam, Romaro and the other went on to Engineering, they were introduced to their superieur officers and got a tour of the engineering deck. After that they had to go staight to work, doing most of the dirty work, as you would expect beeing a new guy. That night Sam walked to his quarters but on his way there he felt something poking him in the back, he turned arround and saw a phaser, he looked up and saw it was Romaro. "What the hell is this?" Sam said. "You will not interfere with our work, lets take a walk" Romaro replied.
They went to a dark corner of the deck and there Sam heard something he never thought he'd hear. "Sam, you have been a good friend troughout the Academy, how would you like to join AFR and bring the Federation down?" Romaro said to him
"Never! I will never work for you traitors, I'd rather die."
"Very well then, as you wish." Romaro said with a grim smile on his face
Sam's face deprived of all colour. "Wait your not going..." Before Sam could finish his sentance Romaro shot him and Sam was killed.
Romaro walked away, leaving the body to be found the next morning.

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets

=/\= ========================= =/\=

Last edited by Menos on Wed August 1st, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A short career
PostPosted: Wed August 1st, 2012 12:36 pm 

I liked it, it was very good, I really liked the twist at the end!!

Well done!

*hugs*

Sarah

PostPosted: Wed August 1st, 2012 3:48 pm 

A good read, that was one really short career. I noticed one thing:

Menos wrote:
They went to a dark corner of the ship ...

Shouldn't they be on space station K-7?

To Borgly Go - Season 1-Season 2-Season 3
Dei schware Pheisa Launzn trifft'n Robotazombiewiarfl und schlitzt eam fui auf. 50.000 Schodn, oida.

PostPosted: Wed August 1st, 2012 3:50 pm 

Dinkelsen wrote:
A good read, that was one really short career. I noticed one thing:

Menos wrote:
They went to a dark corner of the ship ...

Shouldn't they be on space station K-7?

You are right, a detail I overlooked, thanks

and thanks Sarah and Dinkelsen for the kind words :D

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets

=/\= ========================= =/\=

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]