It is currently Sun May 26th, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 12:10 am 

Quote:
The Romulan Front has been dangerously unstable since Romulus was consumed in the Hobus incident. A small task force lead by Fleet Admiral Cunningham has been desperately trying to stabilize the situation. With the return of the recent Dominion fleet from years ago, Starfleet is stretched to the breaking point.

Recently, attempts at peace were squashed by a newly violet Tal'shiar, resulting in the near complete destruction of the USS Reverence and the loss of over 200 members of the task force. Another 400 are wounded, some 100 critical. The attack in question also killed a Romulan representative sent to meet with the Reverence.

While having access to vast resources, and possessing the loyalty of a large number of Romulan captains, the Tal'shiar could not accomplish the attack without the approval of Empress Sela. The Empress has moved to bypass the senate more and more, fueling the very resistance movement that she is trying to quash.

A more aggressive agenda is required to stabilize the situation.

Quote:
To: Klena RADM, USS Myazaki
CC: Blackhawk, Aeryn CDR, HMS Guenider
Subject: Mutual Friend
Stardate: 85989.75
//Ecrypted Message Follows//

Klena, we just had something come up and I need you to undertake a special assignment. Our mutual friend says the Tal'shiar have actually redoubled their efforts. They're actually repaired the base we knocked out of commission last week and have already begun to reassert themselves on the Romulan Senate. This further complicates our plan to defuse the conflict.

We need to act quickly if we're to salvage our efforts. In his last transmission he said he feared for his life and the life of his supporters in the Romulan Senate. Days later I received another transmission from one of his junior staff members, apparently, they've been detained in an undisclosed location.

Your job is threefold, find the senators, free them, and ensure that they can continue their work at any cost, and I do mean any. If the Tal'shiar stands in your way you have the authorization to use any force necessary. I know what will happen if we fail. The Tal'shiar's belligerent attitude will start a civil war between the Remans and the Romulans and we will be dragged into it. We can't afford that.

Assemble any staff you need at Starbase 39-Sierra. I know the Myazaki is damaged, but there's a prototype ship I should be able to requisition for you. It's nearly ready at Utopia Planitia, I can have it on station in less than a week if necessary.

Quote:
To: SF_All, SF_MACO_All
Subject: Special Tasking: Romulan Front Personnel
Stardate: 85990.17
Urgent
//
Starfleet Special Tasking: 15-Alpha
Command Routing: 16AK-9 Charlie
//
A special task force is requesting military and non-military personnel for a tasking at Starbase 39-Sierra. Interested parties may request additional information via the aformentioned command routing.

Quote:
To: Cunningham, Sean FADM HMS Guenidier
Subject: RE: Mutual Friend
Stardate: 85995.2

Sean,

Starbase Engineers at 39-Sierra have informed me that the Myazaki will need at least a month in drydock before it is spaceworthy again, to say nothing of my crew. I've filled most of the junior crew positions but experienced officers have been harder to come by. Not that it's a surprise in the current political climate.

I've started requisitioning the supplies I'll need for the mission, but it does appear I'll need the prototype. I trust you're sending something appropriate for the task. The requisition form is attached.

//Starfleet Requisition Order 29-Alpha-5-Sierra//
//Signed – KLENA.O98GTF01//

You owe me a vacation to Risa when this is all over.

Quote:
To: Amberose, Jovus LT, SF.Global
Subject: Special Tasking: Instructions
Stardate: 85997.29
//Encrypted Message Follows//

Lieutenant Amberose

Your transfer request has been received and processed. Your new orders are to report to RADM Klena on Starbase 39-Sierra. A field promotion to LCDR has also been placed in the system. Your position will be: Chief Engineer.

//Starfleet Transfer Authorization//
//Signed – GTF.CC09237.Alpha//

//Starfleet Field Promotion LCDR//

Quote:
To: Galangal, Lyaph LCDR, SF.Global

Lieutenant Commander Galangal

Your transfer request has been received and processed. Your new orders are to report to RADM Klena on Starbase 39-Sierra. Your position will be: Senior Tactical Officer.

/Starfleet Transfer Authorization//

Quote:
To: Signer, Elysia LT, SF.Global

Lieutenant Signer

Your transfer request has been received and processed. Your new orders are to report to RADM Klena on Starbase 39-Sierra. Your position will be: Senior Operations Officer.

Quote:
To: Klena RADM, USS Myazaki
Subject: Prototype
Stardate: 86002.37

Klena,

As promised, I had the prototype moved to Starbase 39-Sierra. Unfortunately, you're chief engineer will have their work cut out for them. Almost all of the secondary systems are offline, but weapons, shields, and engines are all state of the art. They were spec'd to the fight the Borg, so they should do just fine if you get into the thick of it with the Romulans.

Attachment:
screenshot_2012-03-02-16-12-51.jpg
screenshot_2012-03-02-16-12-51.jpg [ 587.4 KiB | Viewed 711 times ]

I wish I could be out there with you, with Siruzu trying to distance herself from the family and Aeryn off in Fluidic space, things haven't been the same. The Guenidier has been called away again, putting out fires along the Klingon boarder. I expect to arrive at Starbase 39-Sierra in two weeks if I can put a band-aid on the situation.

Take care of yourself, do what you have to, and come home safe and sound.

Try to bring the ship home too.

//Starfleet Starship Command Authorization//

//Starfleet Orders, Confidential//

Quote:
To: Cunningham, Sean FADM HMS Guenidier
Subject: RE: Mutual Friend
Stardate: 86002.48

And if you don't, I fully expect I'll have to come rescue you.

[IC = Klena]

-Starbase 39-Sierra, Observation Deck-

Klena stood on the second floor of the Starbase 39-Sierra, looking out towards the green nebula in the background. While her calm Vulcan exterior betrayed none of the... anxiety... she felt, she did indeed feel exactly that. A large number of close friends had been killed in the recent skirmish with the Tal'Shiar, even more injured.

Attachment:
screenshot_2012-03-02-16-14-18.jpg
screenshot_2012-03-02-16-14-18.jpg [ 328.68 KiB | Viewed 711 times ]

Their efforts had slowed the Tal'Shiar down, but not stopped them. Now she had to face them alone, with a crew pulled from volunteer transfers. To say she was looking forward to the experience would truly be a lie. In truth, she wasn't certain what to expect.

Of course, the chief engineer would probably have a few words about the state of the ship they did have. Reports had reached her that at least a few of the new officers had arrived. She turned and headed back to her temporary office on the station, waiting for their arrival.

[OC = Klena]

OOC: We are a go, and all are welcome. PM me or post in the OCC thread if you have questions.

viewtopic.php?uid=1731&f=103&t=12534&start=0

[center]Image | Siruzu's Biography | Klena's Biography | Ayira's Biography | Star Trek Guenidier

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 1:02 am 

Quote:
To: Wellingford, Tracy CAPT, SF.Global

CAPT Wellingford

Your transfer request has been received and processed. Your new orders are to report to RADM Klena on Starbase 39-Sierra. Your position will be: Senior Science Officer

Quote:
To: Davis, Mark FCol, SF.MACO.Global

Fleet Colonel Mark Davis

Your transfer request has been received and processed. Your new orders are to report to RADM Klena on Starbase 39-Sierra. Your position will be: MACO

[center]Image | Siruzu's Biography | Klena's Biography | Ayira's Biography | Star Trek Guenidier

Last edited by spaceinvader2240 on Sat March 3rd, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 2:25 am 
Inactive

Elysia had arrived at Starbase 39-Sierra only two days after her transfer request had been accepted. Upon her arrival she was informed of where she could find this RADM Klena whom she assumed would be her captain on the ship she'd been moved to. She was surprised to be assigned the postion of Senior Operations Officer, seeing as this position was a promotion for her, but she was grateful for it. There would definately be some challenges in this job, but she had been well-trained and should be ready for it. A request to be moved to the frontlines would not have been accepted unless she was prepared for it...

She was already in her operations uniform as she paced through the Starbase, heading for RADM Klenas temporary office. She wasn't sure what she'd meet there and upon her arrival she was, to say the least, surprised to see that there wasn't anyone else there, except for herself and a Vulcan female. She stopped, observing the Vulcan for a little before returning to her professional self and stepping a bit closer. "LT. Elysia Signer reporting for duty sir" she then said and saluted her superior. She wasn't certain if the rear admiral would mind being called 'sir' when she was obviously female, but ma'am just didn't sound right to Elysia. It never had in fact*...

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets
=/\= ====================== =/\

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 2:55 am 

[IC=Klena]

Had Klena been human, she might've laughed at Elysia's entry, but it was textbook protocol and hadn't changed in any of the years that there had been female flag officers in Starfleet. Of course, nothing of this internal amusement manifested itself on her face.

"Lt. Signer, welcome to Starbase 39-Sierra." Klena stood and walked around her desk, extending a hand in a very human greeting. "I appreciate protocol, but you may call me ma'am or Admiral." While she didn't smile, she tried to make the young lieutenant feel welcome.

[OC=Klena]

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:02 am 

Lyaph steps of the transporter pad at Starbase 39-Sierra and walks up to the transporter chief
“Excuse me, Do you happen to know where I can find, eeh...” Lyaph looks at the PADD in his hand “Rear Admiral Klena’s office?”
The chief looks up at Lyaph and shakes his head
“Sorry, there’s a computer terminal just outside that you can use”
Lyaph nods at the chief and heads out of the transporter room and over to the terminal
“Computer, upload Starbase 39-Sierra basic schematics to my PADD”
“Transfer Complete”
“PADD, highlight route to Rear Admiral Klena’s Office”
Lyaph’s PADD displays the map and gives of a short beep as a route is displayed.
He takes a deep breath and follows the PADDs directions with the usual haste in his steps.

As he approaches the door, he stops, takes three deep breaths and puts on a smile before walking into the office, strongly intent on a good first impression.
Lyaph watches the two women in the room for a second before he takes his opportunity in the apparent pause to address the rear admiral, he stands at attention and says
“Lieutenant Commander Lyaph Galangal, reporting for duty as ordered, ma’am”

=/\= ==================================== =/\=

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:05 am 
Inactive

"Thank you Admiral" Elysia said at the welcome, but she didn't accept the hand. Being a Betazoid, her empathic abilities were very strong and she knew of the touch telepathy that Vulcans possesed. So instead she raised a hand in a Vulcan gesture of greeting. She assumed Klena would also appreciate this the most. It showed that Elysia respected her origins and knew at least some of their traditions.
"I am looking forward to serving under you.. ma'am" she added, attempting to get used to that 'title'.

Another person then steps into the room and Elysia focuses on him, lowering her hand again as he too greets the Admiral...

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Asklepian on Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:06 am 

[IC=Klena]

She returned the Vulcan greeting, nodding politely in acknowledgement of the gesture from Elysia and letting her hand fall back to her side.

With the arrival of another of the officers, Klena's early doubts began to fade away. She turned to address Lyaph. "Welcome to Starbase 39-Sierra Lieutenant Commander." She extended her hand in the same human gesture as before.

[OC=Klena]

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:27 am 

Lyaph takes Klenas hand and shakes it.
"Thank you, I look forward to serving under your command"
He then turns to Elysia extending his hand, assuming this the standard greeting.

=/\= ==================================== =/\=

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:33 am 
Inactive

Elysia looks at him for a moment, noticing that he too is a Betazoid, then accepts his hand, shaking it. "I'm Ltn. Signer" she says "pleased to meet you Sir" she adds...

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:52 am 

Now that greetings had been exchanged, at least for the moment, she could start filling them in with some of the details. She grabbed a pair of PADDs from behind her desk, loaded with the situation at hand. Only a handful of details had been provided in their volunteer orders.

"These PADDs contain relevent tactical information to the current situation. I can also clarify any questions you may have about our mission."

She handed the PADDs to each in turn. "Our ship arrived a few hours ago, however until our chief engineer reports in, we'll be staying on station." She left out the details about just how much work they had ahead of them. "You have full access to the starbase facilities in the meantime."

Now that she'd overwhelmed them with information, she asked, "questions?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next