It is currently Mon June 17th, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:49 pm 
Inactive

Jovus relaxed slightly. The lady before him wasn't quite what he had expected, warmer somehow that most Vulcans and ....helpful? Unusual in a race thats normally associated with officiousness.

He dropped the salute as it was returned, and took the PADD. A glance at its readout showed a standard datalock awaiting his biometrics and code before he could access it.

"Thank you Ma'am, some help would be appreciated.....theres a few items in my stock transfer that have some er...unusual...characteristics," he smiled slightly at the last and measured her response, curious as to what this lady was really like.

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 4:01 pm 

"Of course." Klena tapped her commbadge. "Admiral Klena to the customs office manager. My Chief Engineer reports that you've detained some of his equipment, please see that it is transferred aboard my ship at your earliest convenience."

"Yes ma'am, we'll get right on it."

She looked back at Jovus. "And Lieutenant, my request to have you promoted came through, you are now a Lieutenant Commander." She paused, letting it sink in. She'd have to tell him about the ship soon, but expected he'd soon ask about, he was afterall, an engineer.

[center]Image | Siruzu's Biography | Klena's Biography | Ayira's Biography | Star Trek Guenidier

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 4:07 pm 

Quote:
To: Silliskian, Kris Maj, SF.MACO.Global
Subject: Special Tasking: Instructions
Stardate: 86002.48
//Encrypted Message Follows//

Maj Silliskian

Your transfer request has been received and processed. Your new orders are to report to RADM Klena on Starbase 39-Sierra. Your position will be: MACO Commander/Security Officer

//Starfleet Transfer Authorization//
//Signed – GTF.CC09237.Alpha//

[center]Image | Siruzu's Biography | Klena's Biography | Ayira's Biography | Star Trek Guenidier

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 4:14 pm 
Inactive

Jovus felt his eyebrows pop up to the top of his head before resuming their customary position above his eyes.

"Lieutenant Commander?" He realised she had just expertly distracted him from his own observations of her and fought to settle himself, "Thank you Ma'am," He couldn't help smiling....even though he had always felt rank mattered little as long as he got to do his job it had been a bitter pill to sometimes have to kowtow to some fresh-from-academy punk who had jumped a couple of ranks.

As he stepped close to accept the "Half-pip" Jovus saw a glitter in this ladys eye. A sparkle of mischief?

"When can I get aboard and get started on her Ma'am? I want to see what kind of work she needs to get her hot-to-trot,"

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 4:26 pm 

Kris looked at orders that had just arrived on his computer terminal. He had just finished his morning workout routine, and was preparing to step into the shower when the computer had beeped.

"A transfer, so soon? Someone must have pulled some heavy duty strings to get me reassigned so fast." He muttered to himself.

Fifteen minutes later, he straightened his uniform and walked down the corridor from his temporary quarters on 39-Sierra. He had been staying here for a couple of days, having just finished up a tour of duty on the USS DEMOSTHENES. The orders he had received were very brief and non-specific, so he had no idea what the exact details of the mission were going to be. The men and women under his command, those of the 440th MACO Strike Group, better known as the Emerald Knights, had proven themselves to be a fully capable combat unit, and he knew that they would be up to any task put before them.

The Saurian had already studied a map laying out the deck plan of the station, and once he had confirmed where the Admiral had set up shop, he quickly headed in that direction.

Upon entering the office, he noticed that the Admiral was not alone. Waiting for her to finish up with the people that were directly in front of her, he quickly snapped a salute. "Major Kris Sillisskian, reporting as ordered, SIR!"

MACO Division, Echo Squad
12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets
ImageImageImageImage
=/\= ====================== =/\=

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 4:49 pm 

Jovus Amberose wrote:
"When can I get aboard and get started on her Ma'am? I want to see what kind of work she needs to get her hot-to-trot,"

Klena grabbed another PADD from a different stack and handed it to the engineer. "My previous command, the USS Myazaki was heavily damaged in a previous mission. As a result, we've had to acquire a prototype from the yards. The ship needs some..." She paused, momentarily considering how to best phrase it, "... work. I've attached an itemized list of what we still need to work on."

Before he could reply she added. "The ship also doesn't even have a name or registry number yet. I look forward to hearing your input on a name. I understand it is common for Chief Engineers to have a special relationship with their ships."

Quote:
Upon entering the office, he noticed that the Admiral was not alone. Waiting for her to finish up with the people that were directly in front of her, he quickly snapped a salute. "Major Kris Sillisskian, reporting as ordered, SIR!"

Klena returned the salute slowly, intent on making the Major squirm just a bit for calling her sir. "Major Sillisskian, glad to have you aboard." She paused as she reached back and grabbed another of the PADDs from her desk. "Please refrain from calling me sir, Ma'am or Rear Admiral will suffice." She handed him the PADD. "This PADD contains relevant mission information."

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 5:17 pm 

Kris took the offered PADD, "Thank you, Rear Admiral. I'll be sure to brief the rest of my unit, the 440th MACO Strike Group, on the details of our mission here as well. I shall also pay a visit to the quartermaster and make sure that any specific equipment we may need is properly requisitioned."

Kris looked at the PADD. "I see that I will also be in charge of Security. I'd like to meet with the remainder of the Security staff in a couple of hours to get to know them."

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 5:47 pm 

"Make it happen Major and do keep me informed of your progress." She paused. "I fully expect that we will encounter resistance, please ensure that your MACOs have the appropriate equipment for... 'aggressive negotiations.'"

In truth, she was hoping for a painless resolution to the crisis. But hope alone wasn't going to change the facts. The Tal'shiar was aware of their activities, and some sort of violence would be required to bring the belligerents down.

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 6:02 pm 

"Ma'am, I fully believe that my men will be prepared for any kind of negotiations that we may come across, aggressive or otherwise." Kris said, taking one last look at the PADD. He noticed that Fleet Colonel Mark Davis had been assigned to this mission as well. He was familiar with the name, but had never met the man. He looked around the room to see if he was present. Noticing another man in MACO Green, he walked towards him.

Kris noticed the rank insignia and figured he had the right man. Snapping to attention, he popped a crisp salute. "Major Kris Silliskian, sir."

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 6:18 pm 
Inactive

Jovus stepped aside, engrossed in the PADD.

Almost immediately he began muttering to himself,

"Some work?! It's going to be a nightmare....sodding hells, the main array is off focus according to this. It's like taking your life in your hands just taking her up to speed!"

Wandering towards a nearby couch he continued muttering and making sidenotes.

He sat for a while, eying through the huge list of faults, jobs, tasks and errors.

Suddenly he bolted to his feet and glanced around at Klena,

"Scuse me Ma'am....if these details are true and we need to be operating on schedule...I'm going to have to get in gear," he flicked a set of data readouts to a PADD and slid them across the desk,

"According to these readouts the SIF field is goosed. Someones tuned it to a default hull configuration rather than the specific distribution for the frame.....and she should have a ladies name. Perhaps something deific...cause she's either going to fly like a goddess or kill us all,"

Jovus gave a small smile, then headed for the docks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next