It is currently Mon June 17th, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 5:47 am 

Klena gestured for the Lieutenant Commander to join them, "Lieutenant Commander, if you will..." She trailed off, letting him speak for himself.

She could tell he was intimidated by the collection of high ranking officers in the room. She made a note to remind him that he was dismissed after the introductions were over. She had made a few mistakes of her own just like that, in what felt like a lifetime ago.

So many things had changed in the recent years.

[center]Image | Siruzu's Biography | Klena's Biography | Ayira's Biography | Star Trek Guenidier

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 6:02 am 

Lyaph extends his hand towards Mark "I'm Lieutenant Commander Lyaph Galangal, Tactical Officer"

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets
=/\= ==================================== =/\=

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 6:25 am 

"It's great to meet ya. Uh, Mark Davis. You can put whatever you want in there though. Fleet Colonel, Colonel, Angel, hey you - it's all good," he said, bright and genuine smile.

"And I'm his other half, Captain Tracy Wellingford. I'll be seeing you on the bridge it looks like," Tracy said with her own greeting and shake.

"Oh? Oh you're the tactical officer! Well, then it's especially nice to meet you. Did I hear something about MACOs and some kind of nodes?" he said, squinting his eyes for humor with a sidelong look.

Semper Invictus, Semper Vigilans - Ever Invincible, Ever Watchful

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 6:50 am 

Lyaph returns the smile and nods as they speak.
"It's very nice to meet the both of you as well"

Lyaph stops to wonder for a second what nodes he might be talking about he soon realizes the context
"You mean my advice on mandatory subcutaneous transponders..? Just something I feel would improve security for all away teams. Don't you think?"

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 7:10 am 

"I'm not sure," Mark said as Tracy moved over to talk to the admiral. "I mean, what are we talking about, cranial? Subdermal? That was my only possible concern really. I do see the advantages though. I wish we had those for pilots, be nice to know sometimes the difference between MIA and KIA."

Last edited by Forge04 on Sat March 3rd, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 8:04 am 

"Subdermal of course, cranial implants does not sound like a great idea at all" Lyaph lets out a small chuckle

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 9:42 am 

"Well I wouldn't want much more tinkering with my head either! Just had to make sure though-" Angel said, the two of them building a rapport.

Tracy meanwhile, took stock of the room. Ancient Vulcan art, mixed with the more modern pieces from the 21st century as well. One of them, The Essential Guide to Horta Combat, was three times as large as it should have been, tactically advantageous from the desk and was too clean for looking so old.

Firearm or actual alcohol? Tracy wondered. Looking at her new commanding officer for a brief moment she judged the initial option. The woman herself was not very old by Vulcan standards. Using the hands to assess her age. Either she didn't sit down at her desk much or she'd just changed pants as well, with no creases.

Her face said much though. Irises active, carotid artery excited. She felt more than she let on.

Tracy heard her husband finish his banter with their Tactical officer and turn to her. She picked up their PADDs and handed him one.

"Well Admiral, it was a pleasure meeting you," she said, with all due respect. She didn't want to come across as rude, but she'd seen what she'd needed to see and had begun thinking like an operative.

This time, that was not her mission.

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 2:10 pm 
Inactive

Jovus was peeved. He'd been on the station, itching to get his hands on his new engines, for hours. The orders he'd received had been to report to the Rear Admiral first though so he'd wasted no time.

No time that is until he had hit a wall of bureacracy. His hover carts hung in the inspection bay, chock full of the oddities of salvage he'd managed to collect over the years. One of the parts had retained a slight metaphasic charge however, sending the Security officer into a paroxym of panic.

"You can't bring this kind of trash in here!" face purpling with the continued effort of shouting, Wallace (the security officer) had yelled.

"It's spares and things I've collected. They're all legitimate, inventory is on the PADD," Jovus was getting weary of repeating himself.

"There's components here with odd readings, some of it looks damn funny....I'm within my rights to confiscate the lot and stick you in the brig until we've had them all scanned and checked!"

Jovus couldn't repress a long sigh. It seemed everyone out here was on the verge of paranoia. Something had been winding them up beyond any normal state of panic.

"I have orders to report to the Rear Admiral as soon as possible, you can go and report that you've got me held up here cause I sure as heck am not going to take the grief for being late!" Jovus found he was rising from his seat and leaning in towards the man's purple visage. Petty bureaucracy always pissed him off.

Wallace seemed to be considering for a few moments before settling back slightly.

"You can pass through.....but the scrap metal stays here,"

Jovus shook his head and found himself massaging his temples to keep calm.

"Fine! But it had all better be transferred to my ship for me when you finally sort your crap out and clear it through.....and if theres even -one- item missing you better have a damn good reason or I'll have you hauled up for theft and abuse of position!"

Finally free he headed out of the Security zone and on into the station. He hadn't even had a chance to change out of his scruffs and looked a sight to say the least, but he knew he had better report in asap.

"Computer...locate Rear Admiral Klena," He called to a nearby terminal.

"Rear Admiral Klena is located in Zone 2, Office 314,"

He quickly got his bearings and dog-trotted towards it.

As he barged in the door he slowed to a stop and took in the scene. Making vague attempts at straightening his somewhat rumpled scruffs he stepped forwards and offered a brisk salute, his black-gloved fingertips swinging up in a tight arc.

"Leiutenant Jovus Amberose reporting as ordered Ma'am, had some delays at customs,"

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:19 pm 
Inactive

Elysia wandered the station for a little before she decided to settle in the room that had been created for silent meditation and designed with seperate 'chambers' where the ones who came there could be alone.
She sat down at a small table and took a deep breath. For a while though, she didn't look at the files on the PADD. She was assessing the people she'd met so far. One was Vulcan, one was betazoid like herself, two humans.

So she'd already met most of the Bridge crew with whom she would be working. She still had to meet the Chief Engineer, seeing as she would also be working closely with him in her position as Senior Operations Officer. She really hoped he wasn't a telepathic or empathic being. She'd always had some problems controlling her strong empathic abilities, not being a full betazoid...

She had also assessed the ranks of those whom she'd met. All of them were either in higher rank that her or more experienced, or both. She felt humbled to know that she'd be working with so many skilled people but it also terrified her in a way. They probably had pretty high standars that she'd have to try and live up to. ANd what would happen if she couldn't??

She took a few minutes to carefully consider the decision she'd made about being transferred. Had she been out too fast?? Should she have gotten more experience before she applied to be a member of such an important crew??
The Romulans were no joke. She'd seen the destruction they could cause. She'd felt it... Would she have been better off staying as a counsellor on the Academy? She wasn't an agressive person by nature although admittedly, she DID have the temper of a red-head. But she'd learned to control it. No, she was more of a diplomatic personality...

But then she got a stern expression in her eyes. No. There was a reason for why she'd wanted to be a part of this... Indoubtedly, she WOULD disappoint the others at one time or another. But they would just have to get over it!

The telepathic minds on the Bridge worried her though. She had never felt very comfortable around other telepaths. Which was part of why she was so thankful to have been raised on Earth... But on this mission, she'd be forced to work very closely with them. "I hope I can handle it" she said, cursing her Betazoid abilities to a place far, far away again. Not that she'd ever be able to function without them though... Sometimes they were just... inconvenient. And she was really bad at controlling them, however much she wanted to be capable of doing just that...

Sighing, she now returned her attention to the PADD the Admiral had handed her and started reading through the files on it...

=/\= ====================== =/\

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat March 3rd, 2012 3:32 pm 

Klena nodded. "Indeed Captain, I look forward to working with you." She gestured that Tracy could leave at will. "I will send notice once our chief engineer is ready for us on the ship."

That of course, cued the arrival of the engineer in question. Without a doubt, she was looking forward to the miracles that her new chief engineer was going to pull off. Still in his scruffs, the Trill man was definitely a tinkerer of sorts. His hands were gloved, but that was unsurprising given his medical record.

She returned the salute. "Lieutenant Amberose, welcome to Starbase 39-Sierra. Should customs give you any further issues, I will apply some 'rank' to the situation." She produced another PADD from her desk and passed it to him. "Here are the details of the mission."

[center]Image | Siruzu's Biography | Klena's Biography | Ayira's Biography | Star Trek Guenidier

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next