It is currently Sat June 29th, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun April 1st, 2012 8:32 am 
Inactive

"It's a precaution Captain, Grouser wasn't well known for maintaining his habitat," Jovus replied,

"Hopefully once we've talked to him you can work on him in the rear section of the shuttle [muttered: probably more sanitary anyway]"

PostPosted: Sun April 1st, 2012 11:01 am 

"So away mission eh?" Tracy asked him when he entered their quarters.

It was still pretty sparse and it would remain that way, to an extent. They didn't figure on being here that long really, just the duration of this mission, then they'd be on to either their own commands again or something else at least.

Mark took off his uniform top and laid it on the back of the couch.

"Yeah. Ol Kris figured I'd volunteer. It is okay with you isn't it?" he said, then asked.

She hadn't realized that he hadn't asked. The thought hit her square between the eyes and scrambled her thoughts as her feelings bubbled up.

"I didn't think about it. It does make sense though," she said, adjusting her bun of hair.

He went over to the guitar in the corner and picked it up to play. She hadn't realized she'd sighed until he stopped and asked her.

"What?"

She tried to process what was going on with her emotions and put them into words.

"Sorry. It's nothing."

He put the instrument down and came over to her.

"Oh come on. It's not nothing, what is it?"

"I'm not exactly sure. We're together, finally. We've said for years that we'd like this. And now that we have it - you play guitar. You just volunteer without talking to me-"

"Whoa whoa whoa, if there was a mission that involved some deep infiltration you wouldn't be the first to raise your hand?" he said, dropping his hands from her arms.

"That's not the point," she said, but he was right in a way.

"I don't see the difference. We're here because we could be together yeah, but we've still got our jobs to do," he countered, rubbing her crossed arms again.

"Okay, you're right about that. But-" she started to say something, but stopped and exhaled, frustrated.

"What is it honey?" he said, kissing her forehead then resting his own on the kiss.

"I'd like you to give me some attention when you can. If it's not too much to ask," she said. "It's been a long day for me too. Lots of catching up."

Mark chuckled.

"Welcome to the XO job sweetie. Now you know what you made Evertt go through all the time," he said, smiling.

"That's not true. I did a lot. Course I was gone for extended periods of time, but he managed just fine," she said, smiling herself as she thought of her ship and first officer.

"Yeah yeah, so how bout some dinner at home then? I request a mean chicken parmesan," he smiled at her next.

"After you put your damn shirt away," she said, pointing at the top on the couch. "We're not starting bad habits in our first house."

Semper Invictus, Semper Vigilans - Ever Invincible, Ever Watchful

PostPosted: Sun April 1st, 2012 9:44 pm 
Inactive

"Aye, aye, Admiral. Closing into sustained orbit on the dark side of Taugus I." Carter replied. Now came the waiting, Carter was conflicted about his feelings. Part of him wanted to join the away team, hopefully seeing some action, or at least seeing new sights. But the other part of him told Carter what his duty was, and it was this part of Carter that he had long ago decided to guide his life with. But still...he could use a drink as soon as his shift was over...

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets

=/\= ==================================== =/\=

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon April 2nd, 2012 12:31 am 
Inactive

Elysia who was sitting near the helm, sensed another emotional change near her and realised that it came from the helmsman. She was busy with running diagnostics, but she still turned her head and looked at him. The computer did most of the work anyways. He seemed as focused as before, at least on the surface...

But upon closer inspection, his eyes were fixed on one spot constantly and he hardly even blinked. Surprised, she was about to say something, but in the last moment she decided against it. She would however, like to get to know the Romulan better at some point. His professionalism still intrigued her...

=/\= ====================== =/\

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012 10:29 pm 

IC = Klena

Klena took a seat in the co-pilot's chair in the small shuttle, gesturing for Jovus to take the helm. FCol Davis took one of the rear seats, having eyeballed the EVA suits on his way into the shuttle, but chosen not to comment on them.

"Tempestas, shuttle Ares requesting permission to depart." The message was directed at the operations console on the bridge.

It was quickly granted and they were on their way, with Jovus taking the shuttle around the moon and the Tempestas fading in the background. Before them, rapidly gaining size as they approached was the shipyard of Grouser.

True to the engineer's word, ships of all makes and sizes were scattered around a small station. A small type 5 transport was docked in the only visible docking bay, it's front end was exposed to space. A yellow forcefield flickered occasionally over the entrance.

"I see what you mean." Klena said, in reference to Jovus' earlier statement. "Is there a place for us to land?"

OC = Klena

IC = The mysterious man behind the curtain

As the shuttle goes beyond sensor range from behind the moon, a surge of tachyon emissions appears on the Tempestas' scanners, illuminating the screens of every station on the bridge. A trio of Romulan birds of prey decloak and open fire! Heavy plasma torpedoes arc out across space and race towards the gleaming hull of the Tempestas. The crew has precious seconds to react.

OC = The mysterious man behind the curtain

OOC: Another gentle prod to get into the action and get everyone moving.

[center]Image | Siruzu's Biography | Klena's Biography | Ayira's Biography | Star Trek Guenidier

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012 10:40 pm 
Inactive

Jovus smiled at the Captain's uncertainty, "The upper airlock is where he bring in his supplies, it's got an old armoured Gorn boarding craft sitting on it he moves by remote to clear it when he needs,"

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012 10:43 pm 

Klena noted the ship on the scanners. "Intriguing. Please inform Mr Grouser that he must 'open his docking hatch' then."

[center]Image | Siruzu's Biography | Klena's Biography | Ayira's Biography | Star Trek Guenidier

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012 11:58 pm 
Inactive

"Sure enough Captain,"

Jovus swapped frequencies on the communicator,

"Grouser.......GROUSER!" The shout elicited a response,

"SHHH! Dammit, stop shouting for the sake of my poor head! I see you already!....The hatch is ready for you,"

"Thanks Grouse....ETA 1 minute," Jovus signed off the comms.

"Actually Captain...that Gorn ship is one of the ones I was angling for, hull armour is so thick it'll stop any scans if we want to sneak things in....plus it can take a beating even if the shields fail," a quick smile slipped his lips, "Always better to have an ace in the hole,"

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012 12:02 am 

Kris was down in the MACO Commander's office when the first shots aimed at the Tempestas struck home. The red alert klaxons blared to life, as the lights changed to the reddish hue signalling a call to battle stations. Grabbing his sidearm, Kris rushed out the door of his office and checked to make sure that all of his men were heading to secure vital areas of the ship. He was proud because each and every MACO had jumped into action and there was activity surrounding him.

Before the bridge could even call down to him, he had tapped his commbadge. "Major Silliskan to bridge. MACO and Security teams taking positions outside all vital ship areas per standard protocol."

MACO Division, Echo Squad
ImageImageImageImage
=/\= ====================== =/\=

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012 3:07 am 

"I agree Mr Amberose, though I hope we do not need our 'ace in the hole.'" As Jovus brought the shuttle into the dock, Klena got a good look at the Gorn ship in question. Remarkably, the hull of the shuttle was almost completely intact, with only a few patch marks visible as they passed it. She couldn't tell much more about it, true to his word the ship's was blocking the shuttles scanners.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next