It is currently Sun June 16th, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon November 9th, 2009 5:58 pm 

My name is Jamie M, Otherwise known as AncientAngel on the net for my 3D modeling, Graphics and Modd'ing work.
Some of my work can be found here:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/ ... SSUS-1.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/ ... o/wip2.jpg

Used to do concept ship designs for Star Fleet Command (pc game) a very long time ago for the modd'ing community. Wish I had some of the old shots of that work. Anyways.

Just happened to catch the 12ths' recruitment thread and organization information, which is most likely one of the major reasons I find my self looking to come on-board. Fleet Structure and chain of Command is going to be needed from what I have been reading up on thus far.

I am an older than most that play now days at the ripe old age of 38. Played to many MMO's that have become the tread mill Grind-fest. WoW, WaR, Talba Rasa, City of Hero's etc... Guild level wise, I have been the GM, Co-GM's, Officer etc.. To be completely honest, I do not want an Officers position. I work as a Night Manager (9:30pm-7+am) and have to do the leader ship roll already. I need this game to be some what of a break for me so I am not leading 24/7. If at some point if the Fleet is in a bind and needs some help for a time. I would be more than willing to help out where I can.

What part of the Fleet would I be best suited for, is a good question. Part of me wants to say, Command Department, JAG. While another part of me thinks, Operations Department, Intelligence. Honestly, I am going to leave that up to you to decide.

If you are wondering about my play style. Utility is the key for me, jack of all trades can be useful at times. Might not make the best fighter in the world but can save your teams hull in a pinch. If you can't out gun them, out think them, make them fight you on your own terms. If they want to take me out they are going to have to earn it. I tend to be an advanced scout/RECON most of the times when playing other games. Get in behind enemy lines and just make a mess out of the situation. Or call in possible troop movements and help organize a counter strike. Tend to think out of the box for unusual tactics and things that might catch people off guard. Instead of button mashing 3-4 keys. But at the same time I like structure and rules because they are there for a reason. I do what I can to try to be as fair as one can with other Fleet/Guild Members not to mention in RL. I can go on about this but I am attempting to keep this first posting some what sort, Failed that one so far.

Anyways, If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Prior Star Trek Games I used to play:
Star Fleet Command:1-3 (used to be apart of the GFL in SFC:1 days)
Star Trek Legacy.

United Federation Of Planets: 12th Fleet
=/\= ========================== =/\=

PostPosted: Mon November 9th, 2009 9:44 pm 
Inactive

AncientAngel wrote:
My name is Jamie M, Otherwise known as AncientAngel on the net for my 3D modeling, Graphics and Modd'ing work.
Some of my work can be found here:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/ ... SSUS-1.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/ ... o/wip2.jpg

Used to do concept ship designs for Star Fleet Command (pc game) a very long time ago for the modd'ing community. Wish I had some of the old shots of that work. Anyways.

Just happened to catch the 12ths' recruitment thread and organization information, which is most likely one of the major reasons I find my self looking to come on-board. Fleet Structure and chain of Command is going to be needed from what I have been reading up on thus far.

I am an older than most that play now days at the ripe old age of 38. Played to many MMO's that have become the tread mill Grind-fest. WoW, WaR, Talba Rasa, City of Hero's etc... Guild level wise, I have been the GM, Co-GM's, Officer etc.. To be completely honest, I do not want an Officers position. I work as a Night Manager (9:30pm-7+am) and have to do the leader ship roll already. I need this game to be some what of a break for me so I am not leading 24/7. If at some point if the Fleet is in a bind and needs some help for a time. I would be more than willing to help out where I can.

What part of the Fleet would I be best suited for, is a good question. Part of me wants to say, Command Department, JAG. While another part of me thinks, Operations Department, Intelligence. Honestly, I am going to leave that up to you to decide.

If you are wondering about my play style. Utility is the key for me, jack of all trades can be useful at times. Might not make the best fighter in the world but can save your teams hull in a pinch. If you can't out gun them, out think them, make them fight you on your own terms. If they want to take me out they are going to have to earn it. I tend to be an advanced scout/RECON most of the times when playing other games. Get in behind enemy lines and just make a mess out of the situation. Or call in possible troop movements and help organize a counter strike. Tend to think out of the box for unusual tactics and things that might catch people off guard. Instead of button mashing 3-4 keys. But at the same time I like structure and rules because they are there for a reason. I do what I can to try to be as fair as one can with other Fleet/Guild Members not to mention in RL. I can go on about this but I am attempting to keep this first posting some what sort, Failed that one so far.

Anyways, If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Prior Star Trek Games I used to play:
Star Fleet Command:1-3 (used to be apart of the GFL in SFC:1 days)
Star Trek Legacy.

We could use you very good in intelligence some one that helped design starfleet command ships us very handy. I would be very happy to work with you in intelligence. And your work looks good so I not only ask to get you in intel I demand it from the admirals xD if you want it off course xD! you'll need an avatar and signature if you look at my signature then you see the basics (and some selfinprovement) in your signature has to stand your ship division squad and name/rank naturaly you can find your avatar on http://www.12th-fleet.com/avatars.html you'll need the red with one pip but I would save them in a map if I were you. well good luck with this all xD!

and Welcome to the Fleet!

United Federation of Planets
12th-Fleet Intelligence "Khalija" Division Alpha Squad
USS Defiant NCC 13828 Defiant class
Succesfully Joined Trill with 9 lifetimes of experience
Long Live The Federation!
The hell with the Dominion and the Borg!

=/\= =================================== =/\=

PostPosted: Mon November 9th, 2009 10:09 pm 

Awesome designs! & Welcome!

United Federation Of Planets
12th Fleet
=/\= ===================== =/\=

PostPosted: Mon November 9th, 2009 11:18 pm 
Inactive

welcome to the fleet look forward to playing with you :D

PostPosted: Tue November 10th, 2009 2:28 am 
Command Advisor

Well honestly I think it sounds like you are best suited for Intel. You seem to have the aptitude for it.

You dont have to worry about doing the leader thing here.. Our group in Intel will be more orientated around simple Team work. The Division leader will endup just having to set the pace and the direction.. I hope that everyone in intel will be willing to take on the role of leader when the divsion leader is not around. If I become leader, I will always appoint different people from time to time to take turns in that role. We will work together to give eachother breaks. I dont expect anyone to get to over envolved in the game because it is just a game and we want it to be fun.

Im starting to hope I may fall into the leader position as I become more and more involved in my Division.. I am happy, just like you say. It is nice not to have to do the leader ship role 24/7

I work in law enforcement and I deal with alot of annoying people all day. but I think my experience in real life may actually make me pretty suited to help head up Intel operations.

I hope you decide to join intel. You may have to wait for an opening, for a while ,but if I have any power in the matter I will try to get you into my division.. You may join Gama Squad or we may make a new squad, Delta.

It seems like we are starting to get alot of mature people in intel. That is my main goal for recruitment in Intel. I want people who are trust worthy and honest about their stance and views.

I want them to be open with me when they disagree, but understand that sometimes they can not have their way. I always look at everyones point of views to the best of my abilities ,but in the end I make my choice and usually always hold my ground. It is the maverick in me. eheheh.

Hope to hear from you!

Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota.

=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Tue November 10th, 2009 3:28 am 

Well then it sounds like Intell is going to be the best fit for me with in the Fleet. Now its just up the higher ups where I might best suit them.

Maverick: I completely understand wanting trust worthy and honest people that are willing to properly express their stances and views. I just might be one of those type of people. Might be why I tend to get along with Military & Law Enforcement personnel so well. I have a very defined distinction between right and wrong. Most people I believe have a fairly wide gray area between the two. I was always raised and some what trained at work, I use trained loosely here. To lead by example, never ask someone to do something that you are not willing to do your self. And this whole idea behind do what I say and not do what I do, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Like yourself I still try to remain as fair as possible, even if it conflicts with my own view points. But once my mind is made up you are going to have a hell of a time to convince me otherwise. Its my Stubborn and Sarcastic nature in me to resist it. Other than that, I tend to be fairly quite and laid back in nature. So when I do speak up and say something, it usually has some importance/value to it.

Shore Leave at Leach Lake, MN. Very nice, was born and raised in Minnesota. Lived in Duluth, Albert Lea, Worthington, Rochester, St Paul and Winnoa. Currently you can find me closer to Lee's Summit, Mo.

Long story short, looks like I'm headed for the Intelligence Division. Just need to find a squad to call home & will await for some sort of official news of placement.

Ideally when the game goes live, I should be playing in the mornings 7-10am (central time) and hop back on around 8-9pm before I head into work. Days off you will most likely see me on from 8pm-10am, trying to keep my 3rd shift schedule.

PostPosted: Tue November 10th, 2009 5:04 am 

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/ ... banner.jpg

Banner test.

PostPosted: Tue November 10th, 2009 7:13 am 
Command Advisor

AncientAngel wrote:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/AncientAngel2000/blog/archangelbanner.jpg

Banner test.

That is a pretty ship you have there! :) Boy I really do like that. I may have to steal your ship while your sleeping to take it for a joy ride. :mrgreen: heheheh

Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota.

=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Tue November 10th, 2009 3:42 pm 

Maverick wrote:
AncientAngel wrote:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/AncientAngel2000/blog/archangelbanner.jpg

Banner test.

That is a pretty ship you have there! :) Boy I really do like that. I may have to steal your ship while your sleeping to take it for a joy ride. :mrgreen: heheheh

Its the Mnemosyne Class, an old friend of mine designed it for SFC Game engine. Its a mix of the Galaxy Class and Sovereign class. Cut the over all size to something more manageable for a Battle Cruiser. So its closer to the Ambassadors Size. But with the added features of advanced hull plating of the Sovereign and Q-Torps.

PostPosted: Tue November 10th, 2009 7:21 pm 

Gamma Squad it is. Looking forward to flying with you guys.