It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon April 10th, 2023 5:44 am 

12th Fleet Application Form

Please make sure that this application form is filled out completely and that sections of the form are not deleted because they do not apply. If a certain section does not apply then please put "N/A" as an answer. Please fill this application out as honestly and to the best of your knowledge as possible as this will speed up the application process - Many Thanks.

List all of your STO Forum Aliases, display names or other accounts: capledbetter, capledbetter9

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character's Game ID Name@Handle (e.g., John@Nickname): Thomas@capledbetter#38605

ARC/STO official forum name: capledbetter9[#5626]

Please list former STO fleets (if any): The S.O.S. Brigade

Reason for leaving former STO fleets (if applicable): I technically haven't left my current fleet yet, but I haven't really made any good friends in the fleet since being in the game, so if I can make more friends moving over to the 12th Fleet, then that would be my reason for leaving.

Real life age: 24

Residence: (X) US, ( ) Europe, ( ) Asia, ( ) Other:

Timezone (+/-GMT): UTC−05:00

How did you hear about the 12th fleet?
I heard about it from a friend of mine in-game that is in the 12th Fleet, and because we're good friends and we have a lot of shared interests in terms of the game, they recommended that I apply.

What made you interested in choosing the 12th fleet?
I'm interested in it in terms of the diversity of the kinds of gameplay different divisions take place in as well as the community of people here. It seems like a great group of people who are not only very experienced with a lot of reverence for both Star Trek itself and the game, but who are just kind and decent people in general who want to share their love of the game with others. At the end of the day, I just want to be a friend to as many as I can and revel in the joy that everyone brings to the table here because the more joy we can all bring and share in, the better.

What days and times are you usually online?: I'm usually online every day at some point, but most of the time I'm on in the late afternoons and evenings, especially between 4pm and 11pm.

Have you ever played an MMORPG?
If so, which one(s) and how long: I played STO close to around launch for a couple of months and stopped, but I've been back to playing it and really putting time into it for the past 8 or 9 months now. As for other MMO's, the only other one I distinctly remember playing at some point was - funny enough, of all things - City of Heroes.

How will you be a benefit to 12th Fleet?
In terms of my relationship with the game and those in the fleet, even though I've only been on for a little less than a year now, I've done a lot of research into the game and am open to learn as much as possible from people and hope that I can perform well alongside my teammates. More importantly and uniquely though, I hope I can bring my thought process as a storyteller and roleplayer for both my ship builds and my characters. I have already written backstories for several of my toons and I love the idea of having them feel fully fleshed out as characters in this universe. I take the same philosophy and thought process for my ships, giving them all backstories and events that inform their in-game and in-universe builds. I absolutely love the idea of not only forming backstories around the ships and their voyages, but making the builds feel true to the spirit of the canon from the shows and movies while still making them viable from a competitive standpoint. I love learning and talking about how to take even the smallest and most underpowered ships and making them the best they can be both to do well and to feel authentic to what we see in the universe of Star Trek and to the person playing that vessel. Lastly, and in a way most importantly, I just want to help and be a friend to as many as I can. Trek has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, giving me hope for the future in some very difficult and dark times both in my own life and the world at large. I want to give joy to people and help the people in this fleet cultivate their own joy in whatever way helps them most because we all deserve that for ourselves and each other. All I hope is that I can be good at that, but what I know for sure is that I'll try my best to help in whatever I do here.

Will you use fleet Discord (voice chat)? Y / N : Y

DIVISION SELECTION
You must choose a division you want to join inside 12th Fleet. The divisions within the fleet help us to administer the fleet to better serve our members, as well as providing groups for members of similar interest. Note that all members can partake in any in-game event, your division does not dictate what you can do. Divisions welcome all in-game careers, you do NOT have to join the division that matches your character's "career" in-game. Instead join the division that focuses on your main game-play interest or has a theme that fits your style.

Before you choose which division you would like to be in, please visit the following links with full descriptions of each of the divisions.

[Engineering] [Science] [Tactical] [MACO] [Section 31]

Now that you have read up on each of our divisions, please number your division preference from 1 to 4 in order, with 1 being your main/Favorite interest and 4 being your least favorite interest. After number 4, please just leave the others blank:

(3) Engineering: General PvE -- link to full description
(1) Science: Group PvE, Role Playing/Creative Writing -- link to full description
(4) Tactical: Team Space Combat -- link to full description
() MACO (Subdivision): TFOs and Ground Combat -- link to full description
(2) Section 31 (Subdivision): General Gameplay -- link to full description

ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
If you fail an Activity Check you will be made inactive and removed from the fleet, Please read our Activity Policy and acknowledge your agreement to the requirements below by selecting yes.

Do you agree to the fleet's activity requirements? Y/N : Y

We ask that, where possible, you provide Command at least 3 days notice of your intention to leave the Fleet. This has been traditionally considered good courtesy, and gives us an opportunity to conduct the necessary administration.

PostPosted: Mon April 10th, 2023 6:06 am 
Fleet XO

PROCESSING

I am currently processing your application for 12th Fleet!
If you have not done so yet, please read through our Public Access Information.

PostPosted: Mon April 10th, 2023 8:00 am 
Vice Admiral

Welcome to the forums good luck on your application.

Kuvak
Tactical-VA
(MACO/S31)

PostPosted: Mon April 10th, 2023 6:45 pm 

Welcome! Glad to see you decided to apply! :D

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2023 3:45 am 

ACCEPTED!

Welcome to 12th Fleet and the Science Division!

On the authority of Vice Admiral Mavar, I assign you as an

Ensign

to

Epsilon Squadron

under the command of

Fleet Captain Wagner

If you haven't already, I recommend you read through our Information Index as it contains information on all our communication channels as well as other important information.

You need to set your forum avatar to Science Ensign! To set your avatar, paste the following link:

http://amicushome.com/images/Science%20Avatars/Science-Ensign.jpg

into the "Link off-site" box in the avatar selection area: http://forums.12th-fleet.com/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=avatar. After that submit and you're done.

In the next few minutes I will be sending you invites in-game to join the main fleet and 12th chat. You will find the fleet invite in your Fleet window, and the chat invite will be in your chat options under the "Channels" tab. Be sure to press the button to join the "12th" chat channel. The "12th" channel is shared by all our fleets (Main, Reserves, and KDF), and it is where almost all our chat happens in game. We are going to seem like a very quiet fleet if you are not on the "12th" channel. ;) (See Infohub: Communication Channels.)

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2023 3:52 am 

@capledbetter you need to leave your former fleet before I can finish processing you into the 12th.

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2023 3:56 am 
Vice Admiral

Welcome aboard!

[=/\= ================= =/\=]
Vice Admiral Amergin Mavar
Commanding Officer, Science Division
Commanding U.S.S. Lexington / NCC-91709
Current Mission: Wandering
Current Location: Orbiting Trenzalore
[=/\= ================= =/\=]

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2023 4:06 am 
Fleet XO

mWagner84 wrote:
@capledbetter you need to leave your former fleet before I can finish processing you into the 12th.

Done! Sent game and chat invites to his main toon, just now.

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2023 6:31 am 

Welcome to 12th fleet.

Fleet Colonel MACO Division
(CO) Bravo Squad

PostPosted: Tue April 11th, 2023 6:43 am 
Vice Admiral

Welcome aboard!

Kuvak
Tactical-VA
(MACO/S31)