It is currently Wed June 26th, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu April 15th, 2010 5:04 am 

List All of your STO Forum Aliases or other accounts: Only one account - @FSFScott2

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character's name: Nitz Jaaron (Nitz@FSFScott2)

STO Forum Name: FSFScott2
Link to STO forum profile: http://forums.startrekonline.com/member.php?u=255068

Name on the fleet forums (meaning here): FSFScott2

Real life age: 28

Residence: (x) US, ( ) EU, ( ) Asia, ( ) Other:

Timezone (+/-GMT): -5 (US Eastern)

How did you hear about the 12th fleet?

I made a post on the official STO forums in the Starbase One section and someone named "SlickeyRickey" replied to my thread with a link to your website.

What made you interested in choosing the 12th fleet?

After reviewing the websites and charters of several other fleets, I decided that 12th Fleet seemed to meet my needs more closely than any other fleets I was looking into.

Primary STO interest (Mark all that apply to you):

(X) solo PvE, (X) Group PvE, (X) Raiding, ( ) PVP, ( ) Crafting/Trading

What days and times are you usually online?:

Monday thru Friday after 8pm eastern and until around Midnight Eastern. Weekends are more random and unplanned.

Primary Division interest: ( ) Diplomacy, ( ) JAG, ( ) Tactical, ( ) Intelligence, ( ) Maco, ( ) Exploration, ( ) Research, ( ) Medical, (X) Engineering, ( ) Trade and Supplies

Secondary Division interest: ( ) Diplomacy, ( ) JAG, ( ) Tactical, ( ) Intelligence, ( ) Maco, ( ) Exploration, (X) Research, ( ) Medical, ( ) Engineering, ( ) Trade and Supplies

Have you ever played an MMORPG? If so, which one and how long:

I played World of Warcraft since February 2005, and since October of 2005 I was a hardcore PvE raider on the US Aggramar server. For the vast majority of that time I was an active raider and webmaster for the server's top PvE guild, Order of the Raven. Throughout those five years my main raiding character was Mayo, a Holy Paladin (that's a main healing/support class if you're unfamiliar with the game).

I quit WoW officially in February of 2010 in preparation to play STO and also because after five years WoW got a bit old. I've also played EVE Online and LOTRO off and on over the last year but neither really held my interest for too long.

In a paragraph please explain how you will benefit the 12th fleet?

I think that I would be a beneficial member of the 12th fleet in three main ways. First and foremost, during my five years playing WoW as a hardcore PvE raider in my server's top raiding guild I become as much of an expert as anyone can in the arts and sciences of raiding, MMO teamwork, theorycrafting & number crunching, and strategizing as a team to overcome difficult bosses and obstacles. I have excellent situational awareness - something that any good PvE raider in WoW absolutely has to have given the progressive challenges Blizzard thought up for major bosses as the game continued to develop. So, in summary, the first way I would be beneficial is that I have a ton of MMO PvE raiding experience and really know how to work well as a team member and team leader.

The second way I think I'd be beneficial is because of my unique perspective on gaming and life. That is to say, I tend to be a bit of the class clown, both in real life, although I know when to hunker down and be serious. In my real life my background for the last decade has been in Website Design, however two years ago I was promoted and have been a Project Manager on a $27 million federal IT contract with the US Dept. of Health and Human Services. I lead a team of 22 web and software designers, analysts, and others whose livelihoods depend on good communication and quality work. That said, I'm very confident in my ability to adapt and strategize with people from different places and with different customs while maintaining a level of fun that goes with professionalism.

The third was I think I'd be beneficial here is because of my experience in the Star Trek RP world. From 1993 till 2007 I was a member of the original SFOL - Spacefleet Online (originally Starfleet Online till Paramount requested we change our name). SFOL was the first major "SIM" community on the internet, and during our heyday we even had our own keyword on AOL - Keyword SFOL. In 2003, I was elected leader of SFOL and for the next four years helped to rebuild and strengthen the group, eventually merging SFOL with FSF (Federation Sim Fleet - sb254.com). I took what started as the premier Star Trek online gaming organization which then fell on hard times, and revitalized it and saved it from falling to pieces. That said, I have a unique place in the Star Trek online gaming community and feel that if problems were to ever arise with this fleet I'd be able to help in more than an off-hand way. For the record, there's an interesting article about SFOL and it's history (along with a little footnote about me) at http://www.simmingleague.com/wiki/index ... eet_Online - the world's only Wiki dedicated to SIMMING in the Star Trek universe.

Will you give your future division's Rear Admiral at least 3 days notice if you decide to resign? Yes, though I hope I needn't worry about resigning as I'm looking for a permanent home in STO.

Will you use Fleet Teamspeak Voice Chat? Yes, although I prefer Ventrilo and actually have my own Vent server that I have, and will continue to, pay for for the last few years.

In closing, thank you for taking the time to consider my application. I hope to hear from you soon, and please feel free to e-mail me or PM me with further questions. Thank you.

12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets

=/\= ====================== =/\=
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu April 15th, 2010 9:12 am 
Inactive

Welcome to the forums!

“I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.” -Daniel Boone
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu April 15th, 2010 10:15 am 

Welcome to our forums!

It looks like you bring quite some skills with you. Next to in-game raiding we're also organizing a lot of things outside of the game.
Do you have any experience or interest in video editing?

We have a full team wanting to make fleet videos but we're currently still missing a director to lead the team and edit/ montage the videos.

Please note that I'm asking this completely off topic from your general application and whatever answer you give will not impact your application in a negative way. It just looks to me that you're the kinda guy that could handle that sorta thing well. ;)

Other then that, good luck with your application. ^_^
I'm sure our boys down in the engineering department could use some reinforcements.

PostPosted: Thu April 15th, 2010 12:52 pm 

WHOOHOO RESEARCH!!!

PostPosted: Thu April 15th, 2010 4:43 pm 

Nishka wrote:
Welcome to our forums!

It looks like you bring quite some skills with you. Next to in-game raiding we're also organizing a lot of things outside of the game.
Do you have any experience or interest in video editing?

We have a full team wanting to make fleet videos but we're currently still missing a director to lead the team and edit/ montage the videos.

Please note that I'm asking this completely off topic from your general application and whatever answer you give will not impact your application in a negative way. It just looks to me that you're the kinda guy that could handle that sorta thing well. ;)

Other then that, good luck with your application. ^_^
I'm sure our boys down in the engineering department could use some reinforcements.

Thanks for the kind words. I have some experience in Frapsing gameplay videos and I've made a few amateur videos - both live action and gameplay videos - but I'd never call myself an expert.

I'd be more than happy to help out with that effort where I can, although my real technical skills are in website design (html/css/javascript) and development (php/C#.NET/SQL/Oracle).

Just out of curiosity what kind of things are you guys looking to develop outside of the game?

Cheers,

Scott

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu April 15th, 2010 10:03 pm 
Inactive

Welcome to the forums! Good luck on you application

The 12th Fleet
United Federation of Planets
USS Bexar | NCC-3162297 | Constitution Class
=/\= ======================================================================= =/\=

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

"All your base are belong to us.."

PostPosted: Fri April 16th, 2010 8:01 am 

Quote:
Just out of curiosity what kind of things are you guys looking to develop outside of the game?

We're working on the following things:
- RP community (in-game and on forums)
- Fan art
- Live broadcasting of in-game actions such as STFs and PvP (mostly PvP atm)
- Fleet videos
- (Eventually) local real life fleet meeting
- Getting points through to Cryptic to improve the game
- Maintain good diplomatic relationships with other fleets
- Writing guides, hints, tips and tricks (for the time being these are fleet only)
- Some other 'top secret' stuff. ;)

Most of the above is already pretty fleshed out, only the rp community and fleet videos could use more attention and the local rl meetings are just in the 'idea' phase so far (fleet videos has progressed to the 'set up' phase and rping we just need more members in the community)

We value creativity a lot and try to have as little boundaries as possible to stimulate the creative process in people. ^_^

PostPosted: Fri April 16th, 2010 7:18 pm 

Nishka wrote:
Quote:

We're working on the following things:
- RP community (in-game and on forums)
- Fan art
- Live broadcasting of in-game actions such as STFs and PvP (mostly PvP atm)
- Fleet videos
- (Eventually) local real life fleet meeting
- Getting points through to Cryptic to improve the game
- Maintain good diplomatic relationships with other fleets
- Writing guides, hints, tips and tricks (for the time being these are fleet only)
- Some other 'top secret' stuff. ;)

Most of the above is already pretty fleshed out, only the rp community and fleet videos could use more attention and the local rl meetings are just in the 'idea' phase so far (fleet videos has progressed to the 'set up' phase and rping we just need more members in the community)

We value creativity a lot and try to have as little boundaries as possible to stimulate the creative process in people. ^_^

Very cool stuff. Sounds like a lot of great stuff is coming up. I'm a big fan of STOked, the Star Trek Online video podcast from Jupiter Broadcasting, and a lot of the stuff you're working on is stuff they're doing. That makes me even more excited about this fleet as I really love the stuff the STOked folks do.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri April 16th, 2010 7:37 pm 

Aye, they're an inspiration for us as well. ;)

I don't see us doing a Podcast like they do though, but we do a lot of other things. :D

Oh and actually 6 of those things on the list are already well underway, just the points I mentioned earlier still need more attention. :P

PostPosted: Sun April 18th, 2010 7:34 pm 

Just wanted to check in with you and see if there was anything more you needed from me while you're making your decisions.

Thanks much,

Scott

ImageImageImage