It is currently Wed June 26th, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon April 19th, 2010 10:45 pm 

Here is the Application Form

List All of your STO Forum Aliases or other accounts:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character's name: Tran Jan Lam (After my Fiance)

STO Forum Name: Cpt.SeanNapier
Link to STO forum profile: http://forums.startrekonline.com/member.php?u=282940

Name on the fleet forums (meaning here): T4nK

Real life age: 26 Years Old

Residence: (X) US, ( ) EU, ( ) Asia, ( ) Other:

Timezone (+/-GMT): PST, -8Hrs GMT

How did you hear about the 12th fleet?

Posted on STO forums, Nishka Responded.

What made you interested in choosing the 12th fleet?

The other fleets I tried to sign up for kinda ignored me, and Nishka seemed like a good figurehead. So I dedcided to give you guys a shot.
Now keep in mind, I still want to try you guys out.

Primary STO interest (Mark all that apply to you):

(X) solo PvE, (X) Group PvE, (X) Raiding, (X) PVP, ( ) Crafting/Trading

What days and times are you usually online?:

Usually after 9:00PM Pacific, but whenever I can.

Primary Division interest: ( ) Diplomacy, ( ) JAG, (X) Tactical, ( ) Intelligence, ( ) Maco, ( ) Exploration, ( ) Research, ( ) Medical, ( ) Engineering, ( ) Trade and Supplies

Secondary Division interest: ( ) Diplomacy, ( ) JAG, ( ) Tactical, (X) Intelligence, ( ) Maco, ( ) Exploration, ( ) Research, ( ) Medical, ( ) Engineering, ( ) Trade and Supplies

Have you ever played an MMORPG? If so, which one and how long:

I have played a handful: Everquest, Warhammer(Open Beta, Live), WoW (before any expansions), AION (Beta, Closed), EVE, Vangaurd: Saga of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies

In a paragraph please explain how you will benefit the 12th fleet?

I am a community player, I benefit playing with a team, and I believe others benefit also.
I am a night owl, so most of my playing will be done at night. So if the 12th has some night owls, then
we can add one more to our ranks, an dif the 12th doens't then I'll help start it, and recruit for you guys.
I can donate, and graciously do so, and I strive for command in any guild/clan/fleet I join. So I usually stay for
long haul.

Will you give your future division's Rear Admiral at least 3 days notice if you decide to resign? {Y} / N

Will you use Fleet Teamspeak Voice Chat? {Y} / N

PostPosted: Mon April 19th, 2010 10:47 pm 

Welcome to our forums. :D

SCHK

PostPosted: Mon April 19th, 2010 10:51 pm 

PostPosted: Mon April 19th, 2010 10:55 pm 

I've cleared you for security check and tactical or intelligence are free to select you as a cadet now. :)

Feel free to pick a cadet avatar here: http://www.12th-fleet.com/avatars.html

[edit]
Quote:
I can donate, and graciously do so, and I strive for command in any guild/clan/fleet I join. So I usually stay for
long haul.

In a response to your application, people here will have to earn their ability to command a squad. We appreciate people who take initiatives but I hope you understand that command to a squad is not just given. ;)

If you're ready to earn your way through the ranks and prove yourselves to your division admiral then we'll see about a commanding position in a couple months (actually I have no say in that at all since you're not joining my own division). :P
Spaces for command positions are limited and once they're filled they're full.

In my personal case it all went rather fast though, I've gone from lieutenant junior grade to rear admiral in 3 months and I believe one of the other admirals held the record of going from ensign to rear admiral in 3 weeks, but that's rather an exception then rule. :guffaw:

PostPosted: Mon April 19th, 2010 11:00 pm 

Which Cadet Avatar? 1st year? 2nd year? 3rd year? 4th year? By instinct I would go 4th Class, 1st Year, because I am a nub to the fleet right?

PostPosted: Mon April 19th, 2010 11:01 pm 

Yeah pick the one with 1 pin I guess. This week it doesn't matter much yet, we have some structural changes in coming and after that it will start mattering which avatar people pick. :P

PostPosted: Mon April 19th, 2010 11:18 pm 

I totally understand about earning rights, and priveleges, especially in a military based game, thats why I said "strive". I will do my best to prove my mettle. I mentioned donations, just because I know (from my past experience) that most clans/guilds/fleets need donations in order to grow, fortunatley MMORPG's are a bit different, and it seems like the owner/CEO of this fleet has it under his belt. I just stated that so you guys would't feel like you could't approach me for a donations.

Also, I would like to know what changes are coming up so I can not be taken by surprise.

Also, are there any night owls around?

How many ACTIVE members does the 12th have?

Is there an open recruitment/growth policy in effect?

What does one have to do to get promoted, or assignments?

What is the health state of the fleet? Is it dying? Growing? Stalling?

:beer:

PostPosted: Mon April 19th, 2010 11:26 pm 

Also, I would like to know what changes are coming up so I can not be taken by surprise.
- Once you get accepted you get full access to the notes of our admiral meeting last sunday and the archives with previous admiral meeting notes.

Also, are there any night owls around?
- I'd imagine so, but if not you can also play with the early birds from Europe. ;)

How many ACTIVE members does the 12th have?
- Hmm.. I believe the last count was 170+, with a fleet this size it's hard to tell how many active members we have exactly. A lot of people are playing on alts and are spread in alt fleets, but we have an interfleet channel and are all staying in touch with each other through that.

Is there an open recruitment/growth policy in effect?
- Yup, as you can see in the recruitment forum we are growing daily with sometimes up to 5 new recruits on a single day.

What does one have to do to get promoted, or assignments?
- Basicly being active is a big help already, but we're also organizing a lot of things like making fleet videos, broadcasting pvp matches online, organizing all sorts of contests etc. If you take the initiative or support others with setting things up and general contribute to the fleet and help us make it a success then your efforts get rewarded with a promotion.

What is the health state of the fleet? Is it dying? Growing? Stalling?
- Growing, we've been one of the biggest fleets around for a long time and right now we're growing steadily. Where I see other fleets lose members we're only getting bigger and more active every day. With the upcoming changes this will only improve even more. We have some great plans in the work for all that. :P
(Feel free to scroll through this recruitment forum and check the dates/ times that people apply and the dates/ time they get accepted. You'll see we run things pretty tight and efficient.)

We don't require monetairy donations btw, in-game donations to the fleet bank are appreciated but also optional. People can give what they can miss but if they don't give it's fine too. We do have some restrictions to fleet bank usage the first week after people join though.
We also have a voluntairy donation every month which is 100k for captains (in-game level) and 200k for rear admirals (in-game level), however this is completely optional and people can donate as much or as little as they can miss. Donations are not enforced in any way.

PostPosted: Tue April 20th, 2010 1:19 am 

Thanks Nishka! You've been cool from the start and I appreciate all th einformation. Seems like I joined the right fleet.

PostPosted: Tue April 20th, 2010 8:25 am 

T4nK wrote:
Thanks Nishka! You've been cool from the start and I appreciate all th einformation. Seems like I joined the right fleet.

You're welcome. ^_^