It is currently Wed May 22nd, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: 12th fleet streaming!!!
PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 6:25 am 
Inactive

Hey guys,

Has there been any talk about streaming our fleet battles online? Similar to how people stream their HALO games, we could stream neutral zone battles. It could even be an easy way for officers to hold meetings that all users cant attend live. I really enjoy when I'm jammen online with my clan putting down some noobs.. hahh, but seriously.. yeah!

Also, I was surfing facebook and noticed that our team doesn't have a page/club. Is someone already working on it? I think that social networks could be beneficial. Maybe post some lines on the STO facebook wall from the 12th?

The 12th Fleet
United Federation of Planets
USS Bexar | NCC-3162297 | Constitution Class
=/\= ======================================================================= =/\=

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

"All your base are belong to us.."

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 6:35 am 
Inactive

Jumping the Gun to say the least maybe?

We used to fraps our raid encounters back in World of Warcraft so people could see a boss they weren't strong enough to fight yet. Or stream the raids live when we were fighting on the Test Realm playing with new content.

I like your spunk though!
Facebook is also a grey territory.

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 6:57 am 
Inactive

But not a bad idea. I'd join the 12th Fleet Group

Maco Division, Zeta Squadron
Current Mission: "Relocating" Klingons and Romulans
Current Location: Kassae System
-United Federation of Planets-
USS Trinculo | NCC-71867 | Olympic Class
=/\= ================================ =/\=
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 7:29 am 
Inactive

Just to play devils advocate regarding facebook...
I don't think you'd see much activity. Once the game is live, we'd be interacting a lot in game and on these forums, so, I'd think that between members facebook would be rather quiet. Few people not in STO would care about an STO fleet. I suppose it could be used to spread the idea of STO, but I'd be surprised if Cryptic isn't already doing that.

Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 7:50 am 
Inactive

ObsidianBlk wrote:
I don't think you'd see much activity. Once the game is live, we'd be interacting a lot in game and on these forums, so, I'd think that between members facebook would be rather quiet. Few people not in STO would care about an STO fleet. I suppose it could be used to spread the idea of STO, but I'd be surprised if Cryptic isn't already doing that.

Just my thoughts.

Your right.. We would not be communicating on that page. The age demographic for vidoe games and the demographics for facebook are the same. I dont think members in the fleet would be communicating on FB very much at all. I do think there are lots of people that are on the STO fan page that do not surf the forums. THese are potential recruits that could be an asset to the fleet. WHen I was looking at the STO page I did not see one fleet insignia, I also know the majority of the people that will be playing do not regularly post on the STO forums. I'm sure we don't need anymore recruitment numbers, I read posts about how fast the 12th is growing. I do think we may miss out on a potential 1337 that may be running the server in the near future.

The 12th Fleet
=/\= ======================================================================= =/\=

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 7:52 am 
Inactive

Anyways, I wanna watch my fellow MACO crew doing a little strafe and fire... a little spray and pray..

_BETA SQUAD_ watch out for that mine ;-)

The 12th Fleet

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 7:55 am 
Inactive

ObsidianBlk wrote:

Just my thoughts.

That is a good point....I know in the past with Guilds/Clans, i put most of my time into the game. Skim forums only when there is a down time or I am on a puter other than my gaming comp.

What use to be popular back in the day was a Guild chat room, those have seemed to dry up. Ts, Ventrillo killed those but I would like to see something for the 12th Fleet in that area since voice chat is not optimal at work. Just a thought.

I may just takes the reins on this subject...with proper approval of course :)

12th Fleet - Engineering "Jötnar"- Alpha Squadron
USS Crazy Horse's "NCC-50446"
Current Assignment - Testing New Technology
=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 12:28 pm 
I would join a 12th fleet group/page in FB. But I understand if a good portion of our members don't want to mix their private life with a gaming clan, or use their real name. There probably won't be much activity there (already got STO + Valhalla + Vent) to check. Maybe we could do some recruitment on there though.

Remember to clear it with Arsinoe FIRST, and don't just run off creating a FB page/group in the fleet's name ;)

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 7:01 pm 

I, personally, would probably not join a FB group. Like it has been said, I'd rather keep my private life separate. But, if there are those wishing to do it...go for it.

=/\===================================/\=
Lieutenant Alexandria Ash
The 12th Fleet
Valkyries Tactical Division - Beta Squadron -
Current Mission: Shore Leave
Current Location: Trill
=/\===================================/\=
I'm your huckleberry.

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 7:05 pm 
Inactive

I don't use FB nor am I planning on doing anytime soon. I could register to just join the group but that would be a bit pointless.