It is currently Wed May 22nd, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Signatures
PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 3:48 am 
Inactive

It's just preference but I have a 24" screen and those signatures seem enormous.

It's just a force of habit for me to make mine smaller since sooo many forums I've frequented in the past had very strict dimensions for user's signatures to save on bandwidth costs.

I think the sig looks great man either way man, artists have that perpetual inspiration :)

We all get inspired by each others work, get new ideas etc!

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 4:05 am 
Inactive

Sodah wrote:
It's just preference but I have a 24" screen and those signatures seem enormous.

It's just a force of habit for me to make mine smaller since sooo many forums I've frequented in the past had very strict dimensions for user's signatures to save on bandwidth costs.

I think the sig looks great man either way man, artists have that perpetual inspiration :)

I agree mine is a little on the big side. I may redo it in the future to streamline it and reign in its size :D
BTW... It's not the size of your monitor that counts *cough* but your resolution! :D

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 4:10 am 
Inactive

Sodah wrote:

Btw, I saw in your sig you have a yellow uniform. If you want I could turn it red for you. Or share you the method to do it yourself. :)

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 4:16 am 
Inactive

Torp wrote:
Sodah wrote:

Btw, I saw in your sig you have a yellow uniform. If you want I could turn it red for you. Or share you the method to do it yourself. :)

Want a laugh?

It was red because I couldn't find any pictures of the gold uniform

I changed it to gold since command officers wore gold in TOS :P

So I plan on using that uniform on my trill!

edit: I got the original image from here http://conventionfans.today.com/files/2008/12/tos1.gif

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 4:23 am 
Inactive

Sodah wrote:
Torp wrote:
Sodah wrote:

Want a laugh?

It was red because I couldn't find any pictures of the gold uniform

I changed it to gold since command officers wore gold in TOS :P

So I plan on using that uniform on my trill!

edit: I got the original image from here http://conventionfans.today.com/files/2008/12/tos1.gif

OH right! what was I thinking :D It's the TOS uniform.. *slaps himself on his forehead* Also that is quite humorous :p

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 8:32 pm 
Inactive

I know I am the new kid on the block, but might I make a suggestion? While I like and respect individuality, maybe members of the 12th Fleet should have a standardized and uniform signature? If I am way off base or this idea seems silly let me know. Just a thought.

The 12th Fleet
United Federation of Planets
Assignment: J.A.G. Corps
Current Mission: Pending
Current Location: Nimbus III

=/\= ======================== =/\=
"Where law ends, tyranny begins."

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 9:04 pm 
Inactive

Mjollnir wrote:
I know I am the new kid on the block, but might I make a suggestion? While I like and respect individuality, maybe members of the 12th Fleet should have a standardized and uniform signature? If I am way off base or this idea seems silly let me know. Just a thought.

It's like telling the human race to all wear the same clothes. Blue jeans and a white t-shirt type-of-deal.

We couldn't even decide on a standard for signatures if we tried. Standard resolution maybe (Max like 550x200 or something)

The options are limited Mjollnir. Either make us artists whip up some "Possible" standardized signatures for the entire fleet and have you folks vote on them or keep it the way it is. Everyones level of skill in photoshop is different. Some of us have years experience, others maybe only a few months.

We're also individuals who have our own tastes. You yourself can see how different we each like to make them.

At least the Avatars are standardized to an extent.
(You can add-on to the Avatar we provide but not create one from scratch)

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 9:08 pm 
Inactive

Like I said, just a suggestion. :P

The 12th Fleet

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 9:11 pm 
Inactive

I just don't want to create any hostility between the folks here if we had a contest to decide the "Standardized 12th Fleet Signature".

Just seems like a drama bomb.

PostPosted: Mon December 21st, 2009 9:17 pm 
Inactive

No, not at all! That was not my intention. Just uniformity. If there was even a hint of a problem brewing, I would ask one of the moderators to take the thread down.

The 12th Fleet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next