It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun November 22nd, 2020 9:01 am 
Command Advisor

Greetings! It is an Honor to Serve with you all.

I am Jay Maverick from the 12th fleet. I have been thinking for some time about the current dynamic of the Public PvP System. I thought of a few ideas that may help it feel more alive.

These ideas are best expressed in Questions, because I have no idea how easily they can or could be implemented. I however would like to have them evaluated and considered to help further the endgame experience.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/star ... s/p1?new=1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Question:

Is there a way to reduce the requirements on the Pvp Que System so that fewer players can trip the start of a match?

I find that with the limited number of participants in our current time you expect to rarely if ever get a pvp que pop. I find that there are often 2-3 players sitting in a queue while it can never pop due to the requirement of needing more players to trip the match start.

I would like to ask for the consideration of changing this requirement back to what it was along time ago, if possible so that if there are 2 or more people in a que the match it will start. That way if other people join the arena they can just jump into an already active an engaging fight..

For those jumping into it. It would almost feel like responding to a distress call and being call to the front line to assist. For those already in the match it would feel like a dynamic world where there are allies responding to help you, or enemy responding to help defeat you.

As people join the existing match the queue could just put them in to one team at a time until both teams are full.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Question: Is this possible?

I would not mind the consideration of lowering the final score requirement of the matches. At least in the (Solo/Duo) Queue so that the matches may progress more quickly and come to a quicker end.

This would help speed up the dynamic of the matches so it feels a bit more fast pace if say only 2-3 people join a match.. rather then 15 kills. maybe make it 5-10 kills.. Maybe 5 for the (Solo/Duo) que and 10 for the teamed que? That way if there are more people it doesn't go too crazy fast.

This should provide shorter wait times and maybe a faster dynamic with much quicker turn around to start a revolving cycle of matches.

I know some people might complain about a match that puts you in a 1v2. but having a challenge is the point of pvp. the challenge of it and the honor of putting your cunning against another live brain in a battle for survival and witts..

It is a about random chance encounters and making due with what you have to survive, until more people join the match which would follow this basic dynamic 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, 2,v3, 3v3

These are all just considerations to help the system to feel more alive again and give new players a chance to get their feet wet with out being bombarded by a premade when as it is they see that the queues full in the once in a blue moon and they give it a shot. That's bad time for sto's new people to try pvp out when it is likely against a premade and or planned event of some older more experienced players.

I think more people might dabble in it if they knew they would get shorter wait times. Also knowing that you might go into a match 1v1 for a short time with a random player would be more fun then being set up with a premade team. as it is now if the que is full you are likely going to run into a premade because they obviously got together and planned for an event.. which is awesome for them. but sucks for the random pug that just wanted a little pvp taste but did not have the time to get a group together.

I personally enjoy fighting a premade but i understand that is an uphill battle when i see it and enjoy being the underdog and the challenge of the no win situation.. but others who are new to pvp dont immediately understand this or what is happening to them..

That new player gets swarmed by the group of well experienced pvpers and is given a very bad taste in their mouth for pvp and live to tell the tale of how horrible pvp is..

(Quicker PvP pops) would give those new players more of a chance to get their feet wet and learn at a slower pace with smaller groups of people while still having a que system that feels faster pace and more active.

That small tweak, may actually build up the pvper base again with new faces that are more friendly and can then give a little more competition to the old pvpers, as long as the troll types don't do their thing and try to turn away new players by doing what they do.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3rd Question:

One last Question to help with the troll types in the PvP Queues . Is it possible?

I have another idea to help balance problems that people complain about with balance in the matches, i know they had a system for placing players with other players who won more or lost more, maybe they could turn that into a handycap system just for the public pvp matches for the players.

Player's public pvp handicap could go up if they loose a match and give them a bonus to their defense a tiny percentage at the end of the match that sticks with their pvp reputation some how and carries over to their next match.. the more they win the lower it goes, the more they loose the higher it goes. In that manner it would balance out the good and the not so good so that the matches would be more even.

The honor and goal in that system could be to see who could get the lowest number. While that would be a lot of honor, the powerful players would be given honor while being held back enough so that they would not overtly control the out come of the matches and the matches would forever feel more balanced with other players.

The one idea they already implemented could be a good idea, but i wonder if the current system that places players with harder or easier players based on their current history of wins vs losses could be hiding players from each other to the degree that people can not get que pops?

That could be an issue. I'm not sure again how that new system was implemented or how it works.. i will read up on it if i can remember where to find it in the release notes.

Thank you for your time, help, or thoughts.

Cordially Yours,

Jay Maverick

Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota.

=/\= ============================ =/\=