It is currently Fri October 18th, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:04 pm 

Greetings Captains!

In order to improve your experience in Star Trek Online, we are bringing you some great news!

We will be increasing the number of main inventory slots for all characters by 18, and the number of character bank slots by 12. This is a free increase for all existing (and future) characters that will take effect when this week’s patch goes live.

Additionally, we will be increasing the number of times you can purchase the “12 Inventory Slots” and “12 Bank Slots” options from the Cryptic Store. This will also become available when this week’s patch goes live.

You will be able to purchase the “12 Inventory Slots” option up to 6 times, instead of the previous limit of 3. This allows the purchase of up to 36 additional inventory slots than previously allowed. When added to the 18 free slots, you can now extend main inventory by 54 additional slots.

You will be able to purchase the “12 Bank Slots” option up to 12 times, instead of the previous limit of 4. This allows the purchase of up to 96 additional bank slots than previously allowed. When added to the 12 free slots, you can now extend bank storage by 108 additional slots.

We hope this helps alleviate some of the storage issues many of our players have faced over the years, and will allow your Captains the space needed to fully stock your ship and crew for the adventures that await you throughout the STO galaxy.

You can expect to see the increased slots in your inventory and bank this Thursday, February 27th, 2014, after maintenance has completed. Enjoy!

S.C.E If we can't fix it , it cant be fixed

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:07 pm 

Who too, more room to fill up with junk I have by sold yet. Ya hoping for a better announcement here.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:08 pm 

Beat me to it while I was typing my summary up. Anyway, Branflakes did say there were two announcements, I'm assuming this is one of them.

I think it'll be the smaller of them, though, but this is just speculation based on Cryptic's paired announcement track record. Usually if one is expected to provoke a bad response, they'll do that one first, and then follow it with the good one and try to hype that one over the first. If both are unobjectionable at least, they usually do the small one first.

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:12 pm 

yeah I'm thinking the same thing

S.C.E If we can't fix it , it cant be fixed

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:16 pm 

Good one still to come :P

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:25 pm 

I still aint holding out for anything spectacular..

=/\= =========================== =/\=

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:28 pm 

The big announcement is that STO is going to host the next season of 'Hoarders.'

I already have the max number of slots and it's overwhelming to manage all that junk. I can't imagine 108 more bank slots to manage. Though I expect my packrat gene will kick in and I'll buy it all.

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:32 pm 

Rosco wrote:
The big announcement is that STO is going to host the next season of 'Hoarders.'

I already have the max number of slots and it's overwhelming to manage all that junk. I can't imagine 108 more bank slots to manage. Though I expect my packrat gene will kick in and I'll buy it all.

Lol! I think this is a really good thing, and I only have 2 alts. The free inventory slots are going to help those folks with a lot of alts who don't want to pay for a zillion slots.

In the past they've said their limitation was due to database efficiency--they could add more inventory at any time, but they were concerned about performance issues. This means they've continued to upgrade their infrastructure, and that's more good news.

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:36 pm 

I'm actually kind of excited about this, as pathetic as that may sound. I'm constantly running out of bank space, especially on my alt because I'm too cheap to pay for stuff like that :lol: Even on my main though, I could seriously use the extra slots!

Brigadier General Cassie
(Command Adviser)

PostPosted: Wed February 26th, 2014 10:45 pm 

Since I started out F2P, I got used to the idea that if I didn't need it, it was time to sell it.

=/\= =========================== =/\=