It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu October 15th, 2009 6:41 am 
Inactive

I have decided to give my character a backround through captains logs, which are told through first person perspective and give people inspiration to do their own backrounds, feel free to post your own characters backrounds/ material here too! I have started with year 2405 to give me time to write 4 more by 2409 when STO begins.

Captains log: Stardate 2405:

I just recently joined Starfleet, the military and exploration branch of the United Federation of Planets, command was hesitant to recruit me due to my Cardassian heritage. They probably wondered whether I could be truste or not as I used to serve in the Cardassian military before I had to excape the reach of the Cardassian government, I was charged for insubordination because I refused to fire upon an unarmed civilian vessel carrying 1,000 passengers as my comanding officer ordered, and then later on, as we began preparing for war against the Federation we started amassing supplies at several space stations located in critical attack points where we would assault the Federation from. I refused to begin assaulting Federation starbases because I felt there was no need to go to war with the Federation, and that it there should be a different solution to our conflict. It was shorty after that I was declared a traitor and was fired upon by the fleet, I narrowly escaped with my small but fast ship and crew. We arrived at Earth weeks later as refugees. We were detained for months before being released and since then I have tried to fit into Eaths society but I have found I will always be at home on the bridge of a starship. I soon after joined Starfleet academy and have achieved the rank of Ensign and I have just been assigned to a Miranda class vessel named 'USS Lexicanium" though I hope to soon be put in command of a Centaur or Excalibur class vessel.

/endlog

I will try to write one a week from now on, im not a very good writer and have pretty poor grammar but eh I try lol.

?: USS Elysium/USS Estuary
?: 12th-fleet
?: Exploration/Gamma Squadron
?: System Online
??????????????????????????

PostPosted: Thu October 15th, 2009 10:14 pm 
Inactive

(engineers are rarely known for good penmenship ;) ...but they tend to make it up with their creativity)

Good start... look forward to reading more!
(i had NO idea you were a spoon-head!) :o

PostPosted: Fri October 16th, 2009 1:00 am 
Inactive

T'ruk Grax wrote:
(engineers are rarely known for good penmenship ;) ...but they tend to make it up with their creativity)

Good start... look forward to reading more!
(i had NO idea you were a spoon-head!) :o

Yeah, I love the sinister Cardassians...I was inspired by characters like Macet and Dukat. I will do the best I can to keep the Federation safe.

PostPosted: Fri October 16th, 2009 4:16 am 
Inactive

Captains log: Stardate 2406:

"I just got authorized for a refit of my Miranda class ship, I now have a couple more phaser banks...I would have liked more hull plating but I guess that will have to wait. I have decided upon becoming not only the ships captain but also an engineer, I have been doing everything I can to increase our phaser power outputs as much as possible and its not easy. More interesting news is that the Gorn have been assimilated into the KDF which has Starfleet command worried that the KDF is becoming too powerful and now that we are at war with the Klingons the last thing they need is allies, I have orders from my commanding officer Grax to nvestigate the dissapearance of a Federation cargo vessel that was supposed to have arrived at Deep Space 9 a week ago. Something about this mission gives me a bad feeling and I wont let my guard down. I hope I will not be forced into combat, I dont know how much damage this little cruiser can take and knowing how much firepower the Klingon ships have I hope that the cargo vessel just had a warp core failure and wasnt attacked. It couldnt have been the Cardassians, my people are still recovering from the Dominion War...could it be the Romulans? They just lost their homeworld and are in a civil war with the Remans...it would be unthinkable that either of those factions would dare attack a Federation vessel. If I become under attack I have been ordered to send a distress call to the rest of Alpha Squadron for assistance. Deep Space 9 is one of the staging areas in which we are to war with the Klingons and the supplies this cargo ship was transporting are vital..we will emerge from warp in 20 minutes at the vessels last known location, I hope everything goes well."

/endlog