It is currently Wed October 23rd, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Voth city ship scale
PostPosted: Thu April 24th, 2014 11:12 am 

Hm, that ship (the first 3 images, I can't see the last 3) looks a lot like the Voth dreadnaught from STO. The fortress ship would be even larger. Maybe "city ship" != "fortress ship"?

To Borgly Go - Season 1-Season 2-Season 3
Dei schware Pheisa Launzn trifft'n Robotazombiewiarfl und schlitzt eam fui auf. 50.000 Schodn, oida.

PostPosted: Thu April 24th, 2014 11:14 am 

Location: United Kingdom, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets
Dinkelsen wrote:
Hm, that ship (the first 3 images, I can't see the last 3) looks a lot like the Voth dreadnaught from STO. The fortress ship would be even larger. Maybe "city ship" != "fortress ship"?

On the show VGR - it was referred to in the dialogue by the Voth as the City Ship.

Due to the behaviour of FAs, VAs and members

PostPosted: Thu April 24th, 2014 11:51 am 

Thats what I was trying to say:

- the shows "City Ship" seems to be the STO dreadnaught. It compares to the size I see in the show when I look at it in game.
- STO's "Fortress Ship", as it is referenced in game and seen in "the Breach", seems to be an entirely new and far bigger ship.

Edit: halfeclipse, I just read your post. I think you are right. I somewhere read that the fortress ship was 250km long or so.

But when trying to remember the size of the dreadnaught in game, I don't think its as large as V'Ger, but the Fortress ship should be far larger than V'Ger, from what I remember from "The Breach". This size sheet feels wrong.

To Borgly Go - Season 1-Season 2-Season 3
Dei schware Pheisa Launzn trifft'n Robotazombiewiarfl und schlitzt eam fui auf. 50.000 Schodn, oida.

PostPosted: Thu April 24th, 2014 2:43 pm 

Dinkelsen wrote:
Thats what I was trying to say:

- the shows "City Ship" seems to be the STO dreadnaught. It compares to the size I see in the show when I look at it in game.
- STO's "Fortress Ship", as it is referenced in game and seen in "the Breach", seems to be an entirely new and far bigger ship.

Edit: halfeclipse, I just read your post. I think you are right. I somewhere read that the fortress ship was 250km long or so.

But when trying to remember the size of the dreadnaught in game, I don't think its as large as V'Ger, but the Fortress ship should be far larger than V'Ger, from what I remember from "The Breach". This size sheet feels wrong.

Far far far larger than V'Ger if cryptics numbers for the fortress ship are supposed to be taken as accurate. (Which I'm frankly disinclined to do, because that puts it in the general scale of a friggin death star)

The lowest number I could find for V'Ger is 78 km long which put it around 12km high through the cigary bit. Scaled against the enterprise puts it around 100km long and 15 km high.

The size sheet is definitely wrong. If the Galaxy is accurate, everything else is very very small. If the borg cube is accurate the Galaxy is either way to big (assuming a normal 3km assimilation cube) or WAY WAY WAY WAY to big (assuming one of those 10km a side monsters). Everything else is just as messed up.

PostPosted: Thu April 24th, 2014 4:34 pm 

Maybe I'm getting my film reference wrong but didn't the Enterprise-A take hours to get to the centre of V'ger after they had cleared the cloud surrounding it?

PostPosted: Thu April 24th, 2014 7:08 pm 

nothing ingame is to scale peeps

USS Lusitania NCC-93015 Nebula Class

Patrolling

Infected/Cleared, Cure/Cleared, Kithomer Accord/Cleared, Terradome/Cleared
Foundry FED: Player Concept Housing*, Great Raid (part 1), Training Ground 2.0, Ultimate Deathmatch, Redshirt Zombie, All Hallows Eve

*Down for Repairs

PostPosted: Thu April 24th, 2014 11:17 pm 

WelshAvenger wrote:
Maybe I'm getting my film reference wrong but didn't the Enterprise-A take hours to get to the centre of V'ger after they had cleared the cloud surrounding it?

Yea but they never said how fast they were going, and somehow I doubt they were doing full impulse the whole way.

cmdraftbrn wrote:
nothing ingame is to scale peeps

No, but you can pick one thing as to scale and then use that to get a conversion ratio. My preference is just to assume small ships (players, borg probes etc) are scaled funny, and larger ships (borg cubes) are. Which actually works out somewhat; borg cubes are scaled pretty well to spheres.