It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon September 21st, 2020 8:29 pm 

No matter where your adventure in the Final Frontier takes you, one thing is always true: Reputation is everything. You’ve done the work to advance your Reputation with your allies across the quadrants, but you want to do more. That opportunity is presenting itself to you, Captains, with our all new Reputation Purchase system.

Tier 5 Reputation Buyouts will become available to Captains on PC with an update this week, and very soon after to Captains on Xbox One and Playstation 4. You’ll notice a new button in the Reputation window, allowing you the option to spend Zen to complete any Reputation up to Tier 5. The starting price for this service is 3000 Zen, but it will decrease in price depending on how much of the Reputation’s XP you’ve already earned.

Once you’ve made this purchase, your character will instantly advance to Tier 5 in the reputation, with all of the Tier Advancement Projects automatically completing, and instantly gain access to the projects that are unlocked from Tier 1 – Tier 5. As is sometimes the case, you may need to move to a different map for your Traits to automatically appear.

This is not affecting the way Reputations work normally – you will still be able to finish any Reputation up to Tier 5 by earning XP and Marks in the traditional way. In order to advance to Tier 6 in a Reputation, you will still need to earn XP and Marks as before.

We hope you enjoy this new feature Captains!

USS Lusitania NCC-93015 Nebula Class

Patrolling

Infected/Cleared, Cure/Cleared, Kithomer Accord/Cleared, Terradome/Cleared
Foundry FED: Player Concept Housing*, Great Raid (part 1), Training Ground 2.0, Ultimate Deathmatch, Redshirt Zombie, All Hallows Eve

*Down for Repairs

PostPosted: Mon September 21st, 2020 8:29 pm 

and thats how you know a game is dead. sell rep.

Patrolling

Foundry FED: Player Concept Housing*, Great Raid (part 1), Training Ground 2.0, Ultimate Deathmatch, Redshirt Zombie, All Hallows Eve

*Down for Repairs

PostPosted: Mon September 21st, 2020 11:11 pm 

Hmm, maybe not such a bad idea. The main reason I have never leveled up my alts is that I hate the thought of having to complete the reputation system multiple times. Even with the bonus from having completed it once, it is such a huge time-sink.

To be honest, I would not spend 3000 Zen per reputation (that's 39k Zen, or $360.00 U.S.!!! :shock: ), but for some people, it may be worth it. After all, how many people have bought a 3000 Zen ship just for a trait or console? (I, for one, have on rare occasion.) In that regard, 3000 Zen for several traits and several bits of available space and ground equipment doesn't sound so bad.

At the end of the day, the game has still got to make money or it will cease to exist. Plus, you don't HAVE to do it. You can still grind your reputation up the normal way if you choose to spend your time instead of your money.

Of course, all of that is just this man's opinion. :|

Rear Admiral Stromgold - 12th Fleet Tactical Division
"I was promised explosions, and I shall have them."

PostPosted: Tue September 22nd, 2020 3:07 am 

to be fair if they didnt want us to have to grind away for the ten thousandth time on the same treadmill. they could could have made reps account wide.

but they didnt. and want to charge 30 bucks a rep. with more reps now than we had marks. because we had to get rid of marks because "reasons."

to me its just reeks of sleeze.

Patrolling

*Down for Repairs

PostPosted: Sat September 26th, 2020 7:14 am 

I rather pay something better than have a reputation maxed out instantly. I know some mobile games offer permanently boost perks for low price (no more than five dollars I know so far). $30 per reputation each character? That is very hasty and foolish decision came from the developers.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat September 26th, 2020 7:07 pm 

Ocie Denver wrote:
I rather pay something better than have a reputation maxed out instantly. I know some mobile games offer permanently boost perks for low price (no more than five dollars I know so far). $30 per reputation each character? That is very hasty and foolish decision came from the developers.

$30 for each reputation to get it to tier 5. You still have to grind to get to tier 6.

The reputation system has prevented me from having alts that are, for me, viable. I hate grinding and the grinding needed when I create a new character is just too much. The thing I hate more than grinding is overpriced buyouts.

PostPosted: Sun September 27th, 2020 8:42 am 

cmdraftbrn wrote:
to be fair if they didnt want us to have to grind away for the ten thousandth time on the same treadmill. they could could have made reps account wide.

but they didnt. and want to charge 30 bucks a rep. with more reps now than we had marks. because we had to get rid of marks because "reasons."

this...totally this

PostPosted: Thu October 29th, 2020 8:03 am 
Inactive

I guess kind of a related question... I've got level 6 on Discovery Legends, Task Force Omega, Delta Alliance, and Iconian Resistance. I'm up to level 4on Gamma Task Force, but are all the others worth it just to have? Maybe I would buy a few of them instead of grinding.

12th Fleet
Section 31
Field Operative

PostPosted: Thu October 29th, 2020 2:26 pm 
Command Advisor

xceptionzero wrote:
cmdraftbrn wrote:

this...totally this

Yup this is totally the way it should have gone. Account wide completions for characters. But then how could they over charge and con us. I’m not a fan of rep buyouts though. They could have the option to do an account wide but out which unlocks after you complete a rep with a character . Seems cheap to players that have done the work to make so easy for new players

Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota.

=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Fri October 30th, 2020 4:19 am 

Ruufus wrote:
I guess kind of a related question... I've got level 6 on Discovery Legends, Task Force Omega, Delta Alliance, and Iconian Resistance. I'm up to level 4on Gamma Task Force, but are all the others worth it just to have? Maybe I would buy a few of them instead of grinding.

the real question you have to ask yourself is: is there anything you want from the other reps?

Patrolling

*Down for Repairs

Last edited by cmdraftbrn on Sun November 1st, 2020 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.