It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun October 1st, 2017 8:26 pm 
Fleet XO

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

YOU :!: are Invited to
The Fleet-Wide Squad of the Month Meet!

The scheduling of the OCTOBER Meet is now CLOSED.

Hello All,

Time to choose the next meet date!

Currently, I am favoring [Sunday the 22nd].

The other choices are: Sunday the 29th, Saturday the [28th], Saturday the 14th, and Sunday the 15th.

Scheduling Rules:
Post your scheduling choice in a reply below. Note that dates you say you cannot attend are more important than the dates that you say you prefer in deciding the date of the meet. We are trying to get the highest turn out of all squad members. Thus, if 5 people prefer a date but 1 more can attend only on another date, then the date on which 6 can attend will win even though 5 of the 6 preferred a different date. It is assumed that you can attend all the date options, unless you clearly state otherwise in a post below or have communicated that fact to me directly.

Extra weight is given to the votes of squad captains, squad XOs, and anyone who is actually committing to showing up at a time (as opposed to "maybe" showing). Scheduling depends ultimately on who wants to participate and who will actually show up. In order to get the maximum turn out from US and European members, our starting time is traditionally set on a weekend at 10 PM in UK (which in winter is the same as GMT/UTC), but the time chosen depends on who is committing to be there.

The time this month could be affected by Europe going off daylight savings (onto winter time) on the 29th.

What is Squad of the Month?
The Squad of the Month ("SotM") meet is a monthly fleet event which starts with an inter-squad competition to determine the Fleet's Squad of the Month. The competition is followed by group activities which may include: build advice, challenge match PvP, teaming up to cruise the PvE/PvP queues, and just hanging out together on TS. We are a casual fleet, and participation in any portion of SotM is optional.

The rules for the competition can be found posted here. The competition portion of the meet is not designed for perfect balance; there is no great honor in winning, nor dishonor in losing. It is intended mostly to provide a focus activity for everyone at the event which allows us to hang out together, improve our gaming skills, and have fun. :)

PostPosted: Sun October 1st, 2017 11:09 pm 

As usual, I prefer any Saturdays over Sundays. I can make it on Sundays, but I have to leave 1 hour after the event starts.

PostPosted: Mon October 2nd, 2017 9:17 pm 

My weekends off are the 7th and 8th, and the 21st and 22nd. (I too prefer Saturdays over Sundays).

Links - The Phenomenal Phive - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJH7kl3Ne7OOsdLztUjBj1Q?sub_confirmation=1
STO WT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3YU32A5vea5JxSZxwYd80A?sub_confirmation=1

PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017 4:37 am 
Fleet XO

Zoltan417 wrote:
My weekends off are the 7th and 8th, and the 21st and 22nd. (I too prefer Saturdays over Sundays).

Whoops, afraid the 21st has been taken off the option list because I will be gone that night, and 7th and 8th were not on the list because they were too soon (not enough time to allow people to weigh in on the choice and get notice out for those dates). That leaves only Sunday the 22nd, unless one captain/XO or two other squad member has a conflict with that date which will open Saturdays up again but take Zoltan out.

PostPosted: Tue October 10th, 2017 5:10 pm 
Fleet XO

Scheduling has been open for over a week. There was a conflict with the originally scheduled date. Although preference was voiced for a Saturday, the only date on which there was no conflict for the competition portion of the meet was a Sunday. Therefore, the next Squad of the Month meet will be:

Sunday, October 29, at 22:00 PM UTC (i.e., 10PM BST, 6PM EDT, 5PM CDT, 3PM PDT) :!:

NOTE THE TIME SET IS AN HOUR LATER THAN NORMAL FOR U.S. & CANADA,
because Europe goes off daylight savings that day.

The scheduling of the October meet is now CLOSED.

PostPosted: Wed October 11th, 2017 3:14 am 

:censored:

Can't make it on Sundays at 6PM.

PostPosted: Wed October 11th, 2017 3:54 am 
Fleet XO

Sysil wrote:

Ouch! Unfortunate. :( Nonetheless, as a squad captain, Zoltan outranked you on the date selection, thus would not have changed the result.

PostPosted: Thu October 12th, 2017 3:06 am 
Fleet XO

Sysil wrote:

On second thought, taking that into account would have made a difference in whether we set it for 5PM Eastern for US & Canada. Loath to reset once scheduling is closed, but it is reasonable given: the 29th is still more than two weeks away; Sysil said he could only make the first hour and how the time difference would affect scheduling was not made clear; and recently we only have Pattern showing up from EU, 11PM may work for him, and in any event an officer from Gamma can make it. Therefore, I will chalk up the initial scheduling to convener error and reset the starting time, as follows:

Sunday, October 29, at 23:00 PM UTC (i.e., 11PM GMT, 5PM EDT, 4PM CDT, 2PM PDT) :!:

NOTE THE TIME SET IS AN HOUR LATER THAN NORMAL FOR EUROPE,
because Europe goes off daylight savings time that day.

The scheduling of the October meet is NOW closed. ;)

PostPosted: Thu October 12th, 2017 4:00 pm 
Fleet XO

CORRECTION!

Europe going off day light savings time means that
THE TIME SET FOR EUROPE IS AN HOUR EARLIER THAN NORMAL, i.e. GMT 9PM!

So the correct date and time is as follows:

Sunday, October 29, at 21:00 PM UTC (i.e., 9PM GMT, 5PM EDT, 4PM CDT, 2PM PDT) :!:

Whew! Always have problems with the future shock of changing times. :lol: Actually, the 9PM GMT may be a better start time for some in Europe, as it means they can stay longer without worry about infringing on sleep for Monday morning work.

PostPosted: Thu October 12th, 2017 5:15 pm 

Now I'm confused.

Is the EDT start time 5PM or 6PM?