It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat June 24th, 2017 10:57 pm 

12th Fleet Application Form

Please make sure that this application form is filled out completely and that sections of the form are not deleted because they do not apply. If a certain section does not apply then please put "N/A" as an answer. Please fill this application out as honestly and to the best of your knowledge as possible as this will speed up the application process - Many Thanks.

List all of your STO Forum Aliases, display names or other accounts:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character's name (name@handle): Eric@EricLivingston

STO official forum name/handle: EricLivingston

Please list former STO fleets (if any): 12th Fleet (this is a re-application)

Reason for leaving former STO fleets (if applicable): I didn't leave voluntarily, I got kicked out again because I missed a deadline. I also did not receive any warning either on this forum or in the game prior to being removed.

Real life age: 48

Residence: ( X ) US, ( ) EU, ( ) Asia, ( ) Other:

Timezone (+/-GMT): -5 (EST)

How did you hear about the 12th fleet?
I was doing searches to find active, good fleets, and this one was mentioned on a few forums.

What made you interested in choosing the 12th fleet?
I was impressed by the monthly magazine, first off. That shows a great deal of activity, interest, and commitment. The forums seem to be mature, and well-read. I was looking for a fleet with a good group of serious, active gamers that would make a nice community to enhance the game experience. From what I've seen, 12th appears to fit that model well

Before you choose which division you would like to be in, please visit the following links on a full description on each of the divisions.

[Engineering] (Science [Exploration] [Medical]) ([Tactical] [MACO] [Section 31])

Now that you have read up on each of our divisions, please state your STO interests (Please number your interests from 1 to 4 in order of preference, with 1 being your main/Favorite interest and 4 being your least favorite interest) After number 4, please just leave the others blank:

(1) General PvE [Engineering]
(2) Group PvE, Role Playing/Creative Writing [Science]
(3) Space PvP/Team Space Combat [Tactical]
() STFs and Ground PvP [MACO] (Subdivision)
(4) General Gameplay [Section 31] (Subdivision)

*If you are applying to the 12th fleet with a Romulan as your character, please indicate which faction you are aligned with.
Federation () KDF ()

Note that all members can partake in any in-game event, your division does not dictate what you can do, it gives you a place to do what you prefer.

Divisions welcome all in-game careers, you do not have to join the division that your character specializes in in-game. Instead join the division that focuses on your main game-play interest.

Diplomacy is recruited from within the fleet, tick if you would be interested in the future
( ) Diplomacy

What days and times are you usually online?:
Just about every day, weekdays are spotty but I'm on from time to time between 8am EST and 5pm, and regularly between 5pm and 11pm EST, and weekends from 8am to 11pm pretty regularly.

Have you ever played an MMORPG? If so, which one and how long:
Elder Scrolls Online is the other MMORPG that I spend time with.

In a paragraph please explain how you will benefit the 12th fleet?
This is a re-application, and all the stuff I said before (below) still applies. This is the second time I've been removed (this time without warning) due to a timeout, and I wish you could remove that for veteran members who have been around a while. Sometimes RL just gets busy and I can't log in. I've never joined another fleet in STO, as this I consider my "home" fleet.

I've been a trek fan for decades, pretty much, though really it was TNG that got me into it fully - TOS was ok, but a bit too camp for me to take that seriously, but once I got into TNG, I was pretty much invested in the franchise, enjoying DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, etc - and even was entertained by this latest "young kirk" movie thing they have going.

I'm an older gamer, and enjoy taking it seriously, and I was looking around for a fleet that had some substance and wasn't just a bunch of munchkin min-maxers running around "p0wning" people, etc. I don't really have a use for that... but I would very much enjoy discussing the missions, episodes, overall strategy, builds, approach to the game overall, R&D, Duty Officers and missions, etc. There's a TON of stuff it seems in STO, and I'm looking forward to delving into it all!

I wouldn't mind trying out some PvP, but I have my reservations... every time I try it (in any MMORPG) it seems very heavily weighted against noobs. I entered my first PvP and had done a couple of things in there (I was a Lt. Commander at the time) and all of a sudden some huge Klingon Cruiser or Battleship or something comes winging out of nowhere, targets me, and decimates me in about .5 seconds - a single pass over my ship... I hardly knew what happened. That's not really PvP that I enjoy too much, honestly... but more even matches between similar-strength opponents (or even teams) I may like more: I just haven't been able to find that yet.

Do You agree to the fleets activity Policy? Y/N : Y

NOTE: If you fail an Activity Check you will be made inactive and eventually removed from the fleet, Please read our Activity Policy before selecting yes.

We ask that, where possible, you provide Command at least 3 days notice of your intention to leave the Fleet. This has been traditionally considered good courtesy, and gives us an opportunity to conduct the necessary administration.

Will you use Fleet Teamspeak Voice Chat? Y / N : On Occasion, I can't voice too often

Would you be interested in writing or doing art for the the 12th Fleet Blog? Y / N : Y, but I have little time to do so

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017 1:12 am 
Fleet XO

PROCESSING

I am currently processing your application for 12th Fleet!
If you have not done so yet, please read through our Public Access Information.

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017 1:32 am 
Inactive

Welcome back

Current Mission: [Redacted]
Current Location: [Redacted]
[=/\= ================= =/\=]

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017 4:16 am 
Fleet XO

MORE INFO NEEDED

[INFO REQUESTED]

Hi Eric,

Based on your responses above, I need answers to two questions below before I can complete processing of your re-application:

Activity Warning to Listed E-mail Address:
EricBLivingston wrote:
I also did not receive any warning either on this forum or in the game prior to being removed. . . .
This is the second time I've been removed (this time without warning) . . .

Sorry if you did not see them, but I sent warning reminders to your listed e-mail address when you were kicked both last December and this May. The warnings informed you that you were in danger of being kicked from the fleet for failing to login to both the forum and the game (division records show that you had been inactive for over 30 days when the warnings were sent). The warnings allowed you to the end of the month to comply (about two weeks), to give you a reasonable amount of additional time to login. I do not send duplicate warnings out in game and in forum anymore, because typically I am sending out 10-20 warnings by e-mail each month and tripling that work is just a bit much for me, especially for those who are not logging into either the game or the forum. Can you update the e-mail contact address on your forum profile to be sure that you receive e-mail warnings? (You will find your e-mail settings at http://forums.12th-fleet.com/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details.)

Allowing Active Membership Rights to Veterans:
EricBLivingston wrote:
I wish you could remove that [i.e., activity requirements] for veteran members who have been around a while

Members who are currently active (still listed as active on the forum roster) and have a past history of being active with the fleet for over six months, do have the right to transfer to Veterans Division. The six months of past active membership does not have to be consecutive, but you would need to return to active membership (i.e., pass the thirty day probation period at Recruit rank again) before being allowed to transfer again to Veterans. Members of Veterans Division receive many of the benefits of full membership, and they do not have to meet activity requirements. Sorry, but because we have an ever growing contingent of Veterans (numbering 122 at this time; more than the fleet's active membership of 51), we are not considering allowing Veterans active membership rights in the fleet without meeting the fleet's activity requirements.

Leaves of Absence:
EricBLivingston wrote:
Sometimes RL just gets busy and I can't log in . . .

Please note that fleet members can obtain a 30-day waiver of activity requirements ("Leave of Absence") by request to their division VA, even up to a month after being kicked for inactivity (like you did when you were kicked last December). An additional month can be obtained by permission of the Fleet XO. Longer leaves of absence can only be obtained for extraordinary circumstances by permission of the Command Council.

Agreement to Fleet Activity Policy:
EricBLivingston wrote:
Do You agree to the fleets activity Policy? Y/N : Y

I am sorry, but because it appears you feel you have been treated unfairly by the fleet, and since the fleet is unlikely to be changing its rules or procedures, it is necessary to clarify your answer to to the question on Fleet Activity Policy. Do you wish to reconsider your agreement to the Fleet Activity Policy in light of the above information on e-mail warnings, Veterans' requirements, and leaves of absence?

Once you have responded to the above requests for additional information, I can complete processing your re-application. You may respond by PM if you prefer.

Respectfully,

Amicus
Fleet Executive Officer

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017 2:24 pm 

Amicus wrote:
Can you update the e-mail contact address on your forum profile to be sure that you receive e-mail warnings?

The address listed is the right one; I assume whatever message was sent went into spam, so I'll have to set up an exclusion rule.

Amicus wrote:
Do you wish to reconsider your agreement to the Fleet Activity Policy in light of the above information on e-mail warnings, Veterans' requirements, and leaves of absence?

I agree to abide by the policy - I just think it's a really bad policy. I don't think I was treated "unfairly" in the sense that I wasn't treated like anyone else and the treatment wasn't in accordance with the rules. I just don't like the rules. But the benefits outweigh the downsides, so I'll deal with it (and continue to vote to change the policies if the opportunity arises).

Just to clarify: the frustration I have is that the aggressive purging of inactive members from the fleet doesn't seem to match the cost of carrying them. If the fleet has fewer than 500 members, as far as I can tell from researching it, the "cost" of carrying inactive members is zero. The fleet isn't charged or "taxed" anything on a per-member basis, so assuming that's true and there is no cost associated with having "inactive" members that don't log in for 30 days, the cost of removing them doesn't seem to have much of an upside.

If the fleet grows close to 500, then a policy to remove the most inactive members to reduce the roster to say 490 in order to make room for new members makes sense. But aside from simply keeping a few slots open at the end of the list, I don't see why there's a desire to kick people out so quickly, given the cost associated with re-applying and processing that re-application. The current policy seems to *introduce* a cost/burden of processing on to both players and administration where there's no corresponding cost to not bothering, at least until the fleet fills up completely.

But as I said, it's fine - I'd be more agitated about it if I were the one having to do all the back-end processing of re-apps :)

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017 3:56 pm 
Fleet XO

APPROVED

Welcome to 12th Fleet!

You have passed our security check, and are now a member of 12th Fleet!

Someone from your division should be along "shortly" (for sure within 24 hours) to give you your divisional assignment and game invite.

While you wait, I recommend you read our Member Access Information.

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017 4:27 pm 

ACCEPTED

Welcome to the 12th Fleet and ENGINEERING

I assign you as an Ensign to Charlie Squad under Engineering Captain Zoltan

I recommend you read our Information Hub as it contains information on all our communication channels as well as other important information.

You will shortly receive a private welcome message from us, please read all aspects of this as it has important information in it.

You can set your avatar here, just click on Display gallery and select the Category: Engineering (be sure you unselect Command Advisor). Press "Go" to see the Engineering local gallery category, and from there choose the Ensign avatar (first one on the top left). After that press the "Submit" button and you are done.

12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets
=/\= =========================== =/\=

Main: Sarira, Starfleet

PostPosted: Sun June 25th, 2017 4:45 pm 
Vice Admiral

Welcome back! :beer:

Kuvak
Tactical-VA
(MACO/S31)

PostPosted: Mon June 26th, 2017 9:18 am 

Welcome back, and to Charlie Company.

Links - The Phenomenal Phive - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJH7kl3Ne7OOsdLztUjBj1Q?sub_confirmation=1
STO WT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3YU32A5vea5JxSZxwYd80A?sub_confirmation=1

PostPosted: Tue June 27th, 2017 1:38 am 

Welcome back!!

DV Red Headed Stepchild
Current Location: Wherever there is a subspace vortex
Current Assignment: Blowing the Borg to Hell
12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets

=/\= =========================== =/\=