It is currently Fri March 29th, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: runrhino06 application
PostPosted: Mon August 31st, 2009 7:03 am 

Greetings 12th Fleet members! I would like the opportunity, if I may, to introduce and tell you a little about myself in this request for membership.

My name is Ryan and I live in Alabama. I am 24 years old and work in the medical field as a medic on an ambulance. I have been a Star Trek fan for most of my life and have been anxiously waiting the release of STO for a few years. Finally, the light is at the end of the tunnel in a manner of speaking.

To give a little bit of a background of leadership experiences...I range from both in real life and in-game. In real life as a medic or the highest level of medical care as we refer to it, our ambulance unit is in command of all calls that are severe and minor in both trauma and medical. Being a medic comes with multiple responsibilities which includes leadership. It's my belief that in order to lead properly, you must have experience serving. Serving makes you appreciate the people that sit in the background and make everything come together smoothly. My motto is this, to lead is to serve with authority and respect. The hardest part about being a medic is telling the family that there is nothing left that can be done and you must call in for a time of death especially when it's you're own family which I have been through. At times, as a medic, you'll be faced with difficult decisions based on your assessment alone and will have to act quickly upon your findings. I am in the medical field for one reason and that is to help people to the best of my abilities.

To mention a short piece of what I've done and been apart as of in-game experiences.. I have played World of Warcraft (WoW) as a hardcore player on the length of 4-5 years. I have been a main PvE raider within one if not the top guild of our server and have also led my own guild to what I would humbly believe to be a great success. They were a great group of people in which made my WoW experience an extreme pleasure. Although I have played WoW over many years, I have not missed out on the Star Trek games plus a few more mentionable MMO's. As a matter of fact, one of my first computer games other than Doom 1 was Star Trek: A Final Unity. If I could load that game into Vista...I would definitely play it again. I've played from all 3 Starfleet Command games, Star Trek Armada 1 & 2, and Bridge Commander.

As I wrap this up, I have to say that I'm in the game to have fun, to socialize and to help out with whatever might be needed. I look forward to every aspect of STO and can't wait for closed beta to start up. I will also have to admit that I haven't really met any one of you yet but I would hope to get that chance and to have some fun soon. The question might be of what I might to the fleet...I would think that I'm well rounded. I believe in myself to be capable at any area there might be a need but if given a choice, I would say that I'm a diplomat or a strategist for tactical purposes. I really do appreciate that you've allowed me a chance to introduce myself and to place in an application to the fleet. I have went ahead and read up on the fleet charter. I hope that I will be given the chance to be able to serve and have fun with you all. Thank you.

Ryan -- runrhino06

PostPosted: Mon August 31st, 2009 8:33 am 
Inactive

Thank you for applying to the 12th fleet.

You would be welcome to join us. The current entry rank is ensign, promotions are given for active behaviour, friendly demeanour and assistance to the fleet, for now that is recruitment.

Also we ask you pick a division to be a part off, they are listed on the front page of our fleet thread on the STO boards. One of them is the medical division so perhaps you would feel right at home there. :)

I hope to see you there soon so we can work out the rest of the details.

Arsinoe

PostPosted: Mon August 31st, 2009 6:43 pm 

Awesome, thank you for the welcome. If it's manageable, I would like to serve in Tactical. I like strats and adapting to situations (one reason I like my job) but if you need me in medical then I can serve there.

PostPosted: Mon August 31st, 2009 8:55 pm 
Inactive

Welcome aboard! :D

I'm BAAAACCCKKKK!!!

PostPosted: Mon August 31st, 2009 9:44 pm 

Thank you Commander Hutch. Glad to be aboard!

PostPosted: Mon August 31st, 2009 11:09 pm 

Runrhino06,

As the commanding officer for the Tactical Divison, id like to welcome you into my part of the fleet. I hope you enjoy your time with us as we are a group of ver good snesible people looking to have a good time with one another in our favortie past time and hobby Star Trek.

That being said, i assign you the rank of Ensign in the tactical divison, Beta Squad.

Our avatars are on our STO Fleet registration station thread, entitled 12th fleet.

TO finalize your acceptance, please report in there to receive final instructions :)

Again, welcome to the fleet Runrhino06!

PostPosted: Tue September 1st, 2009 12:37 am 

runrhino06 wrote:
Greetings 12th Fleet members! I would like the opportunity, if I may, to introduce and tell you a little about myself in this request for membership.

My name is Ryan and I live in Alabama. I am 24 years old and work in the medical field as a medic on an ambulance. I have been a Star Trek fan for most of my life and have been anxiously waiting the release of STO for a few years. Finally, the light is at the end of the tunnel in a manner of speaking.

To give a little bit of a background of leadership experiences...I range from both in real life and in-game. In real life as a medic or the highest level of medical care as we refer to it, our ambulance unit is in command of all calls that are severe and minor in both trauma and medical. Being a medic comes with multiple responsibilities which includes leadership. It's my belief that in order to lead properly, you must have experience serving. Serving makes you appreciate the people that sit in the background and make everything come together smoothly. My motto is this, to lead is to serve with authority and respect. The hardest part about being a medic is telling the family that there is nothing left that can be done and you must call in for a time of death especially when it's you're own family which I have been through. At times, as a medic, you'll be faced with difficult decisions based on your assessment alone and will have to act quickly upon your findings. I am in the medical field for one reason and that is to help people to the best of my abilities.

To mention a short piece of what I've done and been apart as of in-game experiences.. I have played World of Warcraft (WoW) as a hardcore player on the length of 4-5 years. I have been a main PvE raider within one if not the top guild of our server and have also led my own guild to what I would humbly believe to be a great success. They were a great group of people in which made my WoW experience an extreme pleasure. Although I have played WoW over many years, I have not missed out on the Star Trek games plus a few more mentionable MMO's. As a matter of fact, one of my first computer games other than Doom 1 was Star Trek: A Final Unity. If I could load that game into Vista...I would definitely play it again. I've played from all 3 Starfleet Command games, Star Trek Armada 1 & 2, and Bridge Commander.

As I wrap this up, I have to say that I'm in the game to have fun, to socialize and to help out with whatever might be needed. I look forward to every aspect of STO and can't wait for closed beta to start up. I will also have to admit that I haven't really met any one of you yet but I would hope to get that chance and to have some fun soon. The question might be of what I might to the fleet...I would think that I'm well rounded. I believe in myself to be capable at any area there might be a need but if given a choice, I would say that I'm a diplomat or a strategist for tactical purposes. I really do appreciate that you've allowed me a chance to introduce myself and to place in an application to the fleet. I have went ahead and read up on the fleet charter. I hope that I will be given the chance to be able to serve and have fun with you all. Thank you.

Ryan -- runrhino06

OMG I'm from Alabama too! btw I'm T'an welcome to 12th fleet!

PostPosted: Tue September 1st, 2009 1:51 am 

T'an wrote:

OMG I'm from Alabama too! btw I'm T'an welcome to 12th fleet![/quote]

Oh really?! I'm from Vernon, Lamar County which is North Central Alabama near the Miss/AL line. Where are you from exactly?

PostPosted: Tue September 1st, 2009 1:57 am 

runrhino06 wrote:
T'an wrote:

OMG I'm from Alabama too! btw I'm T'an welcome to 12th fleet!

Oh really?! I'm from Vernon, Lamar County which is North Central Alabama near the Miss/AL line. Where are you from exactly?[/quote]

I'm from Alabster, Shelby County