It is currently Fri March 29th, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 10:10 am 
Inactive

Character's name (name@handle): Thalos@Capt.Malice

STO official forum name/handle: painstake/emphatic83

Please list former STO fleets (if any): Starfleet Omega Marine Corps

Reason for leaving former STO fleets (if applicable): I am a returning player, I accepted a random invite, but the guild wasn't leveled and there was only 30 or so people in the guild with only 1 or 2 logging on each day, I found it hard to group with anyone and no one seemed interested in doing anything but getting new people to donate to the fleet holdings.

Real life age: 32

Residence: ( ) US, ( ) EU, ( ) Asia, (x) Other: Canada

Timezone (+/-GMT): -5 EST

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you hear about the 12th fleet? I searched the Arc recruitment Forums

What made you interested in choosing the 12th fleet? The structure and overall activity was impressive, I am hoping it is a very active community.

Before you choose which division you would like to be in, please visit the following links on a full description on each of the divisions.

[Allied Task Force] [Engineering] [MACO] (Science[Exploration] [Medical]) [Section 31] [Tactical]

Now that you have read up on each of our divisions, please state your STO interests (Please number your interests from 1 to 5 in order of preference, with 1 being your main/Favourite interest and 5 being your least favourite interest) After number 5, please just leave the others blank:

(6) Non-Starfleet-focused Game Play: Federation Wing - (Allied Romulans) OR KDF Wing - (Allied Romulans or KDF Species) [Allied Taskforce]
(1) General PvE [Engineering]
(3) STFs and Ground PvP [MACO]
(5) General Gameplay [Section 31]
(2) Group PvE, Role Playing/Creative Writing [Science]
(4) Space PvP/Team Space Combat [Tactical]

*If you are applying to the 12th fleet with a Romulan character, please indicate which faction you are aligned with.
Federation () KDF ()

Note that all members can partake in any in-game event, your division does not dictate what you can do, it gives you a place to do what you prefer.

Divisions welcome all in-game careers, you do not have to join the division that your character specializes in in-game. Instead join the division that focuses on your main gameplay interest.

Diplomacy is recruited from within the fleet, tick if you would be interested in the future
(x) Diplomacy

What days and times are you usually online?: I am usually on most days in the evening to early morning
5-6pm-4-5am EST and at varied times when i get some free time.

Have you ever played an MMORPG? If so, which one and how long: I played STO when it was first released for about 3 months, WoW for 10 years, Guild wars 1 and 2, Swtor, ESO, Rift all for a few years each.

In a paragraph please explain how you will benefit the 12th fleet?

I am a team player, I love to be social on forums and in voice comms, I love to help others and answer questions, guide new players while learning from those more experienced than myself.
I am an avid theorycrafter and number cruncher, I am always looking to maximize my effectiveness and to help other wishing to do so as well. I am a quick learner and rarely make the same mistake twice, I pride myself on my awareness of mechanics. I can take direction from team leaders and follow through with precision and expediency.

Do You agree to the fleets activity Policy? Y/N : Yes

NOTE: If you fail an Activity Check you will be made inactive and eventually removed from the fleet, Please read our Activity Policy before selecting yes.

We ask that, where possible, you provide Command at least 3 days notice of your intention to leave the Fleet. This has been traditionally considered good courtesy, and gives us an opportunity to conduct the necessary administration.

Will you use Fleet Teamspeak Voice Chat? Y / N : Yes

Would you be interested in writing or doing art for the the 12th Fleet Blog? Y / N : No

Last edited by Emphatic83 on Tue August 4th, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 11:09 am 

Welcome to the 12th Fleet forums. Good luck on your application! :)

Zane Garrett - Engineering - Zeta Squad Captain

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 12:11 pm 
Inactive

Agathon55 wrote:
Welcome to the 12th Fleet forums. Good luck on your application! :)

Thanks very much :)

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 12:21 pm 
Vice Admiral

Welcome to the forums, and good luck with the application! :vulcan2:

Kuvak
Tactical-VA
(MACO/S31)

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 12:46 pm 
Inactive

Kuvak wrote:
Welcome to the forums, and good luck with the application! :vulcan2:

Thanks! :vulcan2:

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 2:10 pm 

PROCESSING

I am currently processing your application for 12th Fleet!
If you have not done so yet, please read through the Public Access Information in this thread: Information Index

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 2:13 pm 

MORE INFO NEEDED

[INFO REQUESTED]

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 3:03 pm 
Inactive

asimogorov wrote:
MORE INFO NEEDED

[INFO REQUESTED]

Thank you!

I am unable to post there for some reason, every time I try it tells me to sign in, I do so and then it takes me to the main page, I go back to the post you provided (tried your link and finding it myself on the arc forums) and it tells me I have to sign in a register, when i click either it takes me back to the main Arc homepage again. Any clue how I would fix this? I have deleted my cookies and cleared my cache and tried on 3 different browsers. I'll keep trying different ideas or searching for a fix until you get this.

Edit: I forgot to add that I am already signed in during this whole process :/

Edit 2: Apparently this is a known issue https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3 ... _official/

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 3:43 pm 

Please sign yourself into it using a browser like chrome which saves your login cookie, use the remember me option. Then click on the link above to make a post. Otherwise you could also search for our post from main page.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue August 4th, 2015 5:01 pm 
Inactive

asimogorov wrote:
Please sign yourself into it using a browser like chrome which saves your login cookie, use the remember me option. Then click on the link above to make a post. Otherwise you could also search for our post from main page.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have used IE, Firefox, Chrome (with adblock off) cleared my cache, cookies. tried accessing the forums from inside Arc. I have signed in, signed out, restarted my pc used the link, entered it manually, found it on the forums. Nothing i do changes the fact that even though I am signed into Arc it still thinks i have to login to use the forums

I have provided screenshots to illustrate the issue as you can clearly see in the first screen shot I am logged in but the forum says log in or register, the second is the link you provided saying you must log in or register to comment, as I am already logged in I should be able to post but cannot.

Edit: I was however able to register a new account and access the forums that way so I responded there with the username "emphatic83"