It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu February 20th, 2014 7:36 pm 

12th Fleet Application Form

Hello and Welcome, Please can you make sure that this application form is filled out completely and that sections of the form are not deleted because they do not apply. If a certain section does not apply then please put "N/A" as an answer. Please can you also fill this application out as honestly and to the best of your knowledge as possible as this will speed up the application process - Many Thanks.

List all of your STO Forum Aliases, display names or other accounts:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character's name (name@handle): Eric@EricLivingston

STO official forum name/handle: EricLivingston

Please list former STO fleets (if any):

Reason for leaving former STO fleets (if applicable):

Real life age: 45

Residence: ( X ) US, ( ) EU, ( ) Asia, ( ) Other:

Timezone (+/-GMT): -5 (EST)

How did you hear about the 12th fleet? I was doing searches to find active, good fleets, and this one was mentioned on a few forums.

What made you interested in choosing the 12th fleet? I was impressed by the monthly magazine, first off. That shows a great deal of activity, interest, and commitment. The forums seem to be mature, and well-read. I was looking for a fleet with a good group of serious, active gamers that would make a nice community to enhance the game experience. From what I've seen, 12th appears to fit that model well :)

Before you choose which division you would like to be in, please visit the following links on a full description on each of the divisions.

[Engineering] [Exploration] [KDF Division (12th Honor Guard)] [MACO] [Medical] [Section 31] [Starbase Operations] [Romulan Division (12th Legion)]
[Tactical]

Now that you have read up on each of our divisions, please state your STO interests (Please number your interests from 1 to 9 in order of preference, with 1 being your main/Favourite interest and 9 being your least favourite interest):

(1) General PvE [Engineering]
(2) Group PvE and Space Exploring (Creative Writing) [Exploration]
(9) KDF Faction-focused Gameplay [KDF Division (12th Honor Guard)]
(7) STFs and Ground PvP [MACO]
(6) Role Playing [Medical]
(8) Romulan Faction-focused Gameplay [Romulan Division (12th Legion)]
(3) General Gameplay [Section 31]
(4) Fleet Mark Group PVE and Starbase Logistical Support [Starbase Operations]
(5) Space PvP/Team Space Combat [Tactical]

Note that all members can partake in any in-game event, your division does not dictate what you can do, it gives you a place to do what you prefer.

Divisions welcome all in-game careers, you do not have to join the division that your character specializes in in-game. Instead join the division that focuses on your main gameplay interest.

Diplomacy is recruited from within the fleet, tick if you would be interested in the future
( X ) Diplomacy

What days and times are you usually online?:

Just about every day, weekdays are spotty but I'm on from time to time between 8am EST and 5pm, and regularly between 5pm and 11pm EST, and weekends from 8am to 11pm pretty regularly.

Have you ever played an MMORPG? If so, which one and how long:

WoW for about a week until the grinding bored me to death, and I'm extremely excited about Elder Scrolls Online, and will be splitting time with that, I'm sure.

In a paragraph please explain how you will benefit the 12th fleet?
I've been a trek fan for decades, pretty much, though really it was TNG that got me into it fully - TOS was ok, but a bit too camp for me to take that seriously, but once I got into TNG, I was pretty much invested in the franchise, enjoying DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, etc - and even was entertained by this latest "young kirk" movie thing they have going.

I'm an older gamer, and enjoy taking it seriously, and I was looking around for a fleet that had some substance and wasn't just a bunch of munchkin min-maxers running around "p0wning" people, etc. I don't really have a use for that... but I would very much enjoy discussing the missions, episodes, overall strategy, builds, approach to the game overall, R&D, Duty Officers and missions, etc. There's a TON of stuff it seems in STO, and I'm looking forward to delving into it all!

I wouldn't mind trying out some PvP, but I have my reservations... every time I try it (in any MMORPG) it seems very heavily weighted against noobs. I entered my first PvP and had done a couple of things in there (I was a Lt. Commander at the time) and all of a sudden some huge Klingon Cruiser or Battleship or something comes winging out of nowhere, targets me, and decimates me in about .5 seconds - a single pass over my ship... I hardly knew what happened. That's not really PvP that I enjoy too much, honestly... but more even matches between similar-strength opponents (or even teams) I may like more: I just haven't been able to find that yet.

So, all that said, I'm hoping that being involved with a fleet increases the depth and immersion in the game, offers interesting opportunities and aid, and allows me to join up on fleet actions and other joint operations in a really fun way. And, in return, if I can donate materials and other resources and time to help overall fleet success and goals, that would be great, too. It would be fun to wear the uniform of a well-respected, active fleet that one can be proud to be a part of.

Do You agree to the fleets activity Policy? Yes

NOTE: If you fail an Activity Check you will be made inactive and eventually removed from the fleet, Please read our Activity Policy before selecting yes.

We ask that, where possible, you provide Command at least 3 days notice of your intention to leave the Fleet. This has been traditionally considered good courtesy, and gives us an opportunity to conduct the necessary administration.

Will you use Fleet Teamspeak Voice Chat? Yes, when possible

Would you be interested in writing or doing art for the the 12th Fleet Magazine? Perhaps, if I can find the time!

PostPosted: Thu February 20th, 2014 7:56 pm 

Good luck with your application , and welcome to 12th fleet :)

Someone will be along shortly to process your application

S.C.E If we can't fix it , it cant be fixed

PostPosted: Thu February 20th, 2014 8:21 pm 
Inactive

PROCESSING

I am currently processing your application for 12th Fleet!
If you have not done so yet, please read through the Public Access Information in this thread: Information Index

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler: show
Jess rules ;)

PostPosted: Thu February 20th, 2014 8:50 pm 

Welcome to our forums :beer:

Goldy

PostPosted: Fri February 21st, 2014 2:06 am 
Inactive

APPROVED

Welcome to 12th Fleet!

You have passed our security check, and are now a member of 12th Fleet!

Someone should be along shortly to give you your divisional assignment.

While you wait, I recommend you read our Information Index.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler: show
Jess rules ;)

PostPosted: Fri February 21st, 2014 5:12 am 
Command Advisor

ACCEPTED

Welcome to the 12th Fleet and ENGINEERING

I assign you as an Ensign to CHARLIE TEAM under Captain Callenn

I recommend you read our 12th Fleet Information Hub as it contains information on all our communication channels as well as other important information.

You will shortly receive a private welcome message from us, please read all aspects of this as it has important information in it.

You can set your avatar here, just click on Display gallery and select the Division and the Ensign avatar. After that submit and you're done.

=/\= =========================== =/\=
Vice Admiral Sabot02 (Retired) - Command Advisor - OPS Team - Global Mod
Former Commanding Officer - Engineering Division - 12th Fleet - United Federation Of Planets
=/\= =========================== =/\=

Scottish Engineers - Defying the Red Shirt Curse since 2266

PostPosted: Fri February 21st, 2014 5:53 am 

Welcome to the fleet and to the Engineering Division. I look forward to meeting you in game and running with you in missions!

Please checkin at the Charlie Team sub-forum.

Captain, Team One, Red Squadron, Directive 010
@bushmaster
=/\= ========================================= =/\=

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon February 24th, 2014 7:34 pm 

welcome to fleet and see you in game :beer:

Zoidberg@ivanbrocic1 does not belive in no win scenario

PostPosted: Fri October 7th, 2016 1:59 pm 

Can I please get re-added to the fleet? I fell by the wayside during the ownership/leadership upheaval a while ago, and things got frankly pretty drama-centric.

Now, I'd like to return, if possible!

PostPosted: Fri October 7th, 2016 2:26 pm 
Fleet XO

EricBLivingston wrote:
Can I please get re-added to the fleet? I fell by the wayside during the ownership/leadership upheaval a while ago, and things got frankly pretty drama-centric.

Now, I'd like to return, if possible!

Hi Eric,

You can get back in, but the procedure for returning from Inactive status is to do a "Re-application" (see post Former/inactive/ returning members, please read); you can also see many examples of re-applications in the Recruitment area). You cannot use this old application thread to re-apply; start a new topic and use the new application form. You probably can just copy most of your answers from your original application, but you will need to update at least a few of your answers (for example, what fleets you have been in and reasons for leaving them since your first application). All former members returning from inactive status do have to go through the 30-day probation period at recruit rank again before regaining full membership in the fleet.