It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Considering joining
PostPosted: Thu October 8th, 2009 9:41 pm 
Inactive

klogd wrote:
Well, I guess we have to see until the game is actually here :)

Do you play any other games while waiting?

Greetings!
A game we are trying to being playing is Bridge Commander. especially Macos and tactical are to be playing this if at all possible. i understand that there is a Kobiashi Maru mod to the game that they will be playing. (I'm working on downloading it myself, so i dont have much more information than that.)
"ajescorcia025" is the rear admiral who is organizing this BC effort if you have more questions.

I'm not sure if you needed more information with respect to a particular division. like you said, its hard to really know how the game play will be until we are in it, but if you have an idea of where you'd like to start let us know so we can get you set up in the fleet :) sounds like you'd want to be more tactical/maco, but perhaps a healer (aka medical?)

welcome again to the forums

PostPosted: Thu October 8th, 2009 11:42 pm 
Do I have to apply at startrekonline.com's forum as well?
Think I want to be in MACO/Tactical, but again hard to say before the game is out :)

Currently the only online games I'm playing are Counter Strike (zombie mode only) and Left For Dead :)

But I'm in if someone want to run: Bridge Commander (KM) , birth of the federation, heroes of might & magic, neverwinter nights 1/2, Starfleet command 3, Ufo AI, Civilization 3/4, Silent hunter 3/4, Warcraft3, Starcraft, Americas Army, red alert 3,

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2009 12:21 am 
Inactive

klogd wrote:
Do I have to apply at startrekonline.com's forum as well?
Think I want to be in MACO/Tactical, but again hard to say before the game is out :)

Currently the only online games I'm playing are Counter Strike (zombie mode only) and Left For Dead :)

But I'm in if someone want to run: Bridge Commander (KM) , birth of the federation, heroes of might & magic, neverwinter nights 1/2, Starfleet command 3, Ufo AI, Civilization 3/4, Silent hunter 3/4, Warcraft3, Starcraft, Americas Army, red alert 3,

We do most of our chatting on the STO forums. If you come by there they can put you in a division and assign your rank. Tactical is pretty full, I would say go for MACO but totally your call and when the game comes, I'm sure there will be some transfers going on anyway.

Counter Strike and Left 4 Dead are both awesome. I still haven't tried Red Alert 3. I loved the first one, wasn't a fan of RA2. I've been playing Tiberium Wars and I love that one.

------------
12th Fleet | Beta Group
USS Imperator | Aleks@primus.pilus
United Federation of Planets
"Do not simply accomplish your task, succeed so those after you can do no better"
=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2009 5:15 am 
Command Advisor

What is the difference between 'Tactical' and 'MACO'? and what is up with 'Intelligence' and 'Exploration'?

The divisions basically help to organize and separate the different personality types in our fleet..

As far as STO I believe that we will all have to progress through the game pretty much similar, except for our career paths..

Whether there is espionage as a skill in game Intelligence division has a function for our fleet besides in game.. We help watch for bad behavior in our fleet and make sure it is addressed.

Basically the intel division will be a group of people that like to sneak around enemy territory and PVP zones.. We will relay info back to the 12th fleet and inform the tactical and maco divisions of possible problems.

I hope that we will be able to transport to enemy worlds and sneak around. I'm hoping I can be a Galactic 007. :)

Remember though the divisions are mostly to help us set you in your comfort zone. It is to help you more to your favored role and hopefully that will create a very functional fleet. :)

I'm sure that some people will focus more on certain types of missions, and its not like you are not able to do other missions.. You just are more likely to do your favorite. Other people are more likely to do their favorite.

I don't think STO forces anyone to do any particular thing.. You can explore if you want or not. You can kill, or not. You can fix things, or heal people, or not.

lol I hope this helps to explain the divisions. :(

Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota.

=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Fri October 9th, 2009 10:27 am 
Maverick wrote:
lol I hope this helps to explain the divisions. :(

sure does :)

*goes to startrekonline.com to apply*