It is currently Fri March 29th, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed September 23rd, 2009 4:47 pm 

You guys may wish to rethink this policy. I received a PM from Maverick on the STO website trying to recruit me. I am and have been for well over a year, a member of the Lone Star Fleet. This policy, also known as player poaching in other MMOs I have played, is generally very frowned upon, and has quite often led to the offending guild being blacklisted by most others on the server. You guys seem to be a good bunch and I'd hate to see that happen to you, so nip it in the bud before it gets to be a problem for you.

Here is a copy/paste of the PM sent to me on the 18th of Sept.:

I would like to offer you an invitation to the 12th Fleet.

You should know that we strive to be team orientated.

Rank is an important element to our fleet but more or less as a way to inspire people to have good behavior and work together.Your demeanor will play a big role in your rank's progression.

If you want to gain rank fast, you should try to help us find some European members to recruit. We are USA and European based.

We want team work. Respecting all members should be the golden rule.

If anyone in our fleet treats you inappropriately please pm me about it, or pm our Fleet Admirals or the founder "Admiral Arsinoe". The admirals/founder will always have the final word. It makes it less chaotic for organizing the fleet and kicking inappropriate members out.

I hope I can look forward to chatting with you and helping you into our fleet. If you want to join, just let me know on the 12th Fleet Forum or at 12th-fleet.com. You can also PM me back on here.

Thank you for your time.

Cordially yours,

J. Maverick.

ps. if you join our fleet you will have my loyalty in war and my friend ship in peace. You are respected no matter what your MMO experience is or what your history is.

PostPosted: Wed September 23rd, 2009 5:04 pm 

recruitting from active guilds is in NO way our policy.

Im sure that maverick did not know or understand that you were in a fleet already.....he can be overzelous at times in efforts for the fleet, but understand this has never or ever will be our policy.....Iapologize for his actions and will ensure he watches who he PMs....thank you for bringing this to our attention. And again sorry for the whole misunderstanding.

Sicnerly,
Alvaro J. Escorcia
Rear Admiral of Tactical Divison

PostPosted: Wed September 23rd, 2009 6:21 pm 

Thanks for clearing that up. Don't be too hard on Maverick, it's entirely possible that he accidentally clicked on my name to send that PM, which means somebody is out there worthy of being selected to join your fine organization, in need of an invitation.

PostPosted: Wed September 23rd, 2009 8:01 pm 
Command Advisor

I honestly do not remember sending this PM sir, but I apologize with every thing that I am.

I have had no intention of stealing members from other fleets. I have never had any intention of creating frustration by any member of STO. I have only had intentions of creating friends and helping people..

If I sent this to you, I must have liked you and did not realize you where a part of another fleet. I am deeply sorry for any frustration I caused you. I feel I must take a break from STO for a while.. I seem to keep getting in trouble. lol

I have never wished to break any rules, and If I sent this message to you I honestly did not know you were a part of another fleet.. Im not sure how I did because I usually only invite people that I have met on the discussion's thread.. People that seem to share my views and Ideas. I truly attempt to look at their avatars and their signatures. To see if they are a part of any another fleet.

I do and did know that it is incorrect to send invitations to another fleet's member. I am not sure how or why I would have sent you this. I am sorry for your frustration.

It will never happen again. If it does it is not me sending them. Please make sure that the user names was BW007.. I am afraid that I have put a few of my invitations out there and they could be easily copied and resent with out my consent.

If it was me and it must have been I again apologize.
I refuse to recruit any more people for the 12th. If I am demoted for this I will accept that. I will not send out any more invitation from this point on for the security of myself.

J. Maverick.

Klingons should Beware of Maverick.
Maverick loves a fight and tends to be victorious even as the underdog.
He has an aptitude for tactics,guerrilla warfare and security.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet - Intelligence Division "Khalija" - Alpha Group
Not on Current Assignment.-On Retirement leave at Leach Lake in Minnesota.

=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Wed September 23rd, 2009 8:21 pm 
Command Advisor

I think I do remember sending this. .I am so terribly sorry!!.....

I don't know why but I didn't Jeepers totally my bad!!! Im sorryy!!!

I for some reason thought that you weren't part of a fleet!!! I think I may have been a little tired from working all day. Im sorry again!!!!..

PostPosted: Wed September 23rd, 2009 9:11 pm 
Inactive

Well as was stated before recruiting from other fleets is NEVER an option. Its a shame this has happened and while i fully believe it was by accident i hope it will have no bad repercussions to the fleet.

I am not going to flat out demote you for making your first error because i think you can learn from this experience and will be extra careful next time you invite someone, witch i hope you will continue to do.

I know this event might have been quite a shock but i feel instead of quitting your duties its best to get back at it with extra caution. Learn from this and you will be fine.

I formally apologise to the lone star fleet and their member that this has transpired and want to emphasize this is by no means our policy.

PostPosted: Thu September 24th, 2009 12:53 am 
Command Advisor

I will continue in my duties sir. I will take a lot more caution in recruiting. I have a few invitations out there already. I will not send out any more until those people have replied in some way. I shall be very careful not to create anymore tension with any other fleet.

I think I shall focus on just chatting on the 12th Fleet form.

PostPosted: Sat September 26th, 2009 3:09 am 

Maverick, don't beat yourself up too much over it, honest mistakes happen, and we got it resolved quickly and very amicably. See you guys in the Alpha Sector!

PostPosted: Sat September 26th, 2009 10:37 am 
Command Advisor

Thank you very much for understanding. I wont beat my self up too bad hehe..

Did you know the best way to avoid a fight with someone is actually to beat yourself up worst than they could..

They will take one look at you beating yourself up and wonder what the heck is wrong with him??? hehehe I am crazy so I tend to beat myself up a lot sometimes :mrgreen: jk

Thank you again. :D