It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun March 18th, 2012 6:53 pm 
Ambassador

Hello 12th Fleet.

I am Randall from Jupiter Force. We would like to start a CE run and would like to co op with the 12th Fleet. If anyone is interested please reply to this thread or reply to the one on our Forums. I'll keep checking. The date is for this saturday March 24th 2012. I hope we have a few people who are interested.

Thanks

Randall

PostPosted: Sun March 18th, 2012 7:25 pm 
Inactive

We have a really good approach to this... it takes only about 4 min. or so.

I'd be happy to get a leader for this, if you'd like to see how we do this at the 12th... we could make a couple of runs at this. Once using the 12th approach, and perhaps using JF's... sound like fun?

Lets set a time... say, 4 PM CST (US Time).

I'll get something posted in our fleet events as soon as I hear back from you on the specific time. We have a lot of European members, so we try not to keep them up too late :-), but do whatever is best for you. I'm sure we can fill in however many slots we need to make it work.

Looking forward to it!

- Volen

USS Citadel Ka'Ram Commanding, Tactical - Gamma Squadron (Vipers)
USS Perigee Sav Commanding
USS Baston Mel Goodman Commanding
=/\= ================================= =/\=

PostPosted: Sun March 18th, 2012 7:39 pm 
Inactive

Hey, ,it also looks like its been a bit since we've been together... should we get our Ambassadors/diplomats together to get an alliance started. we have a long history together, might as well as make it official :-)

Just let me know who to contact, and I'll get that started as well.

- Volen

PostPosted: Sun March 18th, 2012 7:52 pm 
Inactive

This is what was posted in our "Fleet Events" area - please let me know if you'd like to make any changes. Looking forward to it!:

::TENATIVE::

Posted on behalf of the Jupiter Fleet (historical "Friendly" fleet):

JF Event : Jupiter and 12th "Taking Down the CE" Fest
Date: 24-MAR-12
Time: 3 PM CST (2000 hrs GMT )
Rank Req: RA/VA
Fleets: Jupiter Fleet (statue: friendly contact), 12th
Event Host: @randall_mc (Jupiter Fleet Host), TBA (12th Fleet Host)
Comms: 12th TS

Agenda
* Meet at ESD for a group picture near the moon, and then
* Fly out to meet the CSE (Fleet Host to create the PvE event)
* Optional: Change 'Toons' in order run a second time using a different fleet's approach.

Use this Time Converter to locate your local times: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

PostPosted: Sun March 18th, 2012 7:59 pm 
Ambassador

I am so for for this. Can we make the time 4PM EST/6 CT? That seems to be a time that works the best. If not I can make it work for 4CT/2EST

volen 4min? sounds great get a leader we will be more then happy to work with you guys. This sounds great.

PostPosted: Sun March 18th, 2012 8:08 pm 
Inactive

No problem.... I'll move the tine back an hour (3 CST, 4 EST, 2000 Hrs. GMT).
We can use our TS channel for comms during the event. I'll send you the info. before game time... via PM here and STO mail.
See you all there!

Let me know when you're ready for a 'contact' meeting to formalize our relationship. Given our history with each other, it wouldn't take long to get this done :-)

- V

PostPosted: Mon March 19th, 2012 8:02 am 
Inactive

I got our guy - Amicus - on the hook to demonstate the 5-10 min 'smash the CE' technique for us... but, can we move this back one week to the same time, but on 31-MAR?

Both Amicus and I have conflicts as it turns out on the 24th (last day of spring break stuff)... we both can be there on the 31st.

Turns out, we can fill more of our seats that day... it will be nice to have 20 to do it quickly.

Let me know if that's OK, and I'll update our event calendar.

Thanks!

- V

The updated version of the even post looks like this now:

::SCHEDULED::

JF Event : Jupiter and 12th "Taking Down the CE" Fest
Date: 31-MAR-12
Time: 3 PM CST (2000 hrs GMT )
Rank Req: RA/VA
Fleets: Jupiter Fleet (statue: friendly contact), 12th
Event Host: @randall_mc (Jupiter Fleet Host), Amicus(12th Fleet Host)
Comms: 12th TS

Agenda
* Meet at ESD for a group picture near the moon, and then
* Fly out to meet the CSE (Fleet Host to create the PvE event)
* Optional: Change 'Toons' in order run a second time using a different fleet's approach.

Use this Time Converter to locate your local times: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

PostPosted: Thu March 22nd, 2012 6:51 am 
Fleet XO

CE SMASHING

Hello Jupiter Force. :bolian: Looking forward to teaming with you all on March 31st. Below is the outline for our procedure for this mission for those who are unfamiliar with it.

STRATEGY: Everyone is to take up a position together in as small a ball as possible at a distance of between 7km to 9km from the CE. Be prepared to move back and forth to maintain the right distance; the entity will not sit still. We want 5 science ships equipped with 2-3 repulsors each, relay firing repulsors to create a repulsor wall. Everyone else will focus fire on the CE.

The most important list is what not to bring.

What Not to Bring:
NO TARGETABLE OBJECTS -- Take these off your ship and ability trays before you go into battle with the CE: Mines, Breen Transphasic Cluster Torpedoes; High-Yield Plasma Torpedoes, Tricobalt Torpedoes/Devices, Boarding Party Shuttles, Scorpion fighters, all types of carrier pets (e.g., To'Duj fighters, Orion Raiders, etc.), Photonic Fleet, MVAM or Excelsior sectioning abilities, Fleet Support and anything else that can be targeted and shot down. These are targets for the Large Crystalline Fragments and will end up healing the CE.

In addition to no targetable objects, we ask that you bring No Area of Effect weapons, i.e., no: Spread Torpedoes, Scatter Volley, Fire at Will, or Hargh'peng torpedoes.

Why no AOE weapons? We have learned that killing Large Crystalline Fragments even with weapons fire and AOE abilities will result in Small Fragments that will heal the CE. While it is good to have a few ships with AOE weapons and abilities keeping fragment numbers down for the first two stages of the CE's hull points, we mostly need DPS on the CE and we cannot have AOE weapons at all in last stage of the CE's hull points. We plan to limit AOE weapons to the 5 science ships that are assigned to fragment control, and then only for use during Stage I and II of the event. We need the rest of our ships concentrating on doing consistent damage solely to the CE.

What to Bring:
Beam weapons, Cannon weapons, Torpedoes (but not tricobalts), Beam Overload, Cannon Rapid Fire, and High Yield Torpedoes (but not high yield plasma torpedoes).

Tractor Beam Repulsor -- this the one exception to the no AOE weapon rule - everyone can bring Tractor Beam Repulsor, but do not use it unless directed (that is when I shout for "backup repulsors"). It is not required that you bring a repulsor, but it is appreciated. :)

FRAGMENT CONTROL TEAM:
We need 5 Science Ships which will be working fragment control and creating a repulsor relay. These are the only ships that should bring AOE weapons. Each of the fragement control ships must come equipped with two to three Tractor Beam Repulsors. Also good to bring for these ships Gravity Well, Spread Torpedoes, Scatter Volley, Fire at Will, and Hargh'peng torpedoes for use only while the CE is above 40% Hull Points. Once the CE goes below 40% hull points the fragment control ships need to switch to firing solely on the CE (no AOE weapons and abilities other than repulsors). Do not bring tractor beams because they share cool downs with the repulsors and the repulsors are essential.

The following science ship captains have volunteered to be on the fragment control team for this mission.
1. Amicus
2. zombietrucker
3. Sorin Eegale
4. Seigmund Plato
5. Delwyn

We have a full team!

Last edited by Amicus on Fri March 30th, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun March 25th, 2012 4:03 am 
Inactive

This is coming up soon.. please pipe in if you can help!
- V

PostPosted: Sun March 25th, 2012 4:41 pm 
Ambassador

Ok guys Just checking in. Date and time are still good. Who should I bring for tacs, sci or engineers. I can have then ready when we start. Maybe I can do a test run with you guys before saturday? Let me know what to do and I will make sure we are ready for the event. I am looking forward to playing with you guys.