It is currently Tue April 16th, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: close beta players
PostPosted: Thu December 10th, 2009 4:53 am 
Inactive

i have just got into the close beta and i have seen other members on there forums please post your names here if you are in so i can meet up with other fleet members in game

Post subject: Re: close beta players
PostPosted: Thu December 10th, 2009 2:45 pm 
Inactive

NDA = None Disclosure Agreement = NO TALKING ABOUT IT

1. Delete your own post or edit it to so you are not breaking the NDA!

2. Hope Cryptic does not have a search spider crawling us and already found this post and is about to drop the ban hammer on you.

PostPosted: Thu December 10th, 2009 6:24 pm 
Inactive

I did not say anything about game play so i do not have to delete my post. I have read the NDA and it dose not say i can not meet others who are in game with in my oun fleet.I was not going to talk about game play only try to get intouch with others of us who are in the beta.

PostPosted: Thu December 10th, 2009 6:55 pm 
Inactive

Vicktore Beskor wrote:
I did not say anything about game play so i do not have to delete my post. I have read the NDA and it dose not say i can not meet others who are in game with in my oun fleet.I was not going to talk about game play only try to get intouch with others of us who are in the beta.

LOL ya dude I think your fine, as long as you don't talk about ingame stuff, I think you are totally safe seeking other people who are in also.

And as far as I know they do not have any way for the beta players to communicate out of game, unless cryptic gives you some kind of private forum on there site for beta players only.

PostPosted: Thu December 10th, 2009 11:23 pm 
Inactive

oh how i envy all of you who are in the beta. i would really like to join in the hunt.

half human half vulcan. but he has chosen to follow the human way of life, rather than the vulcan way of life. he feels that his emotion and "gut" have really aided his quest for the knowledge that his vulcan mind craves.
"United Federation of Planets"
12th Fleet -Maco Division- Beta Squad-
Currently recruiting for the 12th fleet!! join now!!!!
=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Fri December 11th, 2009 2:49 am 
Inactive

Vicktore Beskor wrote:

You may want to read the Official STO Forums. Often times legal documents are written in lawyer talk so non lawyers have a hard time figuring out the nuances.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=29485
StormShade said
"I also want to remind everyone about the NDA. All of our beta testers are required to sign and abide by a Non-Disclosure Agreement between Cryptic Studios and the individual Beta Tester. What this means is that if you are participating in the Closed Beta, you are not allowed to talk about the Closed Beta outside of the Closed Beta forums we have established here on the official website. We also highly recommend that you do not share with anyone that you are a beta tester. If you are found or believed to be in breach of the NDA, we will remove your access to the Closed Beta. Something none of us wants to do."

PostPosted: Fri December 11th, 2009 7:59 am 
Inactive

yosf wrote:
Vicktore Beskor wrote:

You may want to read the Official STO Forums. Often times legal documents are written in lawyer talk so non lawyers have a hard time figuring out the nuances.

StormShade said
"I also want to remind everyone about the NDA. All of our beta testers are required to sign and abide by a Non-Disclosure Agreement between Cryptic Studios and the individual Beta Tester. What this means is that if you are participating in the Closed Beta, you are not allowed to talk about the Closed Beta outside of the Closed Beta forums we have established here on the official website. We also highly recommend that you do not share with anyone that you are a beta tester. If you are found or believed to be in breach of the NDA, we will remove your access to the Closed Beta. Something none of us wants to do."

Well, why do they have to be so "Cryptic"...they use the words "highly recommend"...either say you are or are not allowed to tell anyone if you are a beta tester.

12th Fleet - Engineering "Jötnar"- Alpha Squadron
USS Crazy Horse's "NCC-50446"
Current Assignment - Testing New Technology
=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Fri December 11th, 2009 10:52 am 
Inactive

All of you who are in closed beta and want to meet with those of us who are in it:

Join our ventrillo server and talk to Sci-Fi_Cajun an hour before Beta testing starts. He will help you with this issue.

As a Rear Admiral I forbid to disclose who is in Closed Beta generally and specifically on this public thread of our forum

USS Volga
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

PostPosted: Mon December 14th, 2009 3:16 pm 
Inactive

Understood. Well Closed beta or no we'll all meet up when the game comes out and we can talk more freely without fear of anyone's account's being band. Dose anyone have a link to our ventro account?

12th Fleet
Research Division | Alpha Squad
USS Fenrir | NCC-201983

=/\= ====================================== =/\=
"It never ceases to amaze me how every time you
open you're mouth you PROOOVE you're an IDIOT!"
Vegeta | Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: Mon December 14th, 2009 5:02 pm 
Inactive

Fritoman wrote:
yosf wrote:
Vicktore Beskor wrote:

StormShade said

Well, why do they have to be so "Cryptic"...they use the words "highly recommend"...either say you are or are not allowed to tell anyone if you are a beta tester.

It's clear Cryptic stated you are allowed to talk to people about being in the beta, but it's not recommended because people could harass your through pm etc with questions etc.

Arsinoe clearly stated that he did not want anyone to talk about this matter on the fleet forums or to anyone while wearing the 12th fleet tag. It's for your own and the fleets safety. Topic: http://www.12th-fleet.com/command/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=247

So lets keep it with this: Do not talk about the beta or being in the beta on 12th related boards or while being under the fleet tag. It's for your own good. :)