It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat December 5th, 2009 3:59 pm 
Inactive

Not going to spoil it but the ending of last nights SGU.

WOW.
WTF.

Mid-season break time so we got more than a few weeks before we find out what happens next.

PostPosted: Sat December 5th, 2009 4:33 pm 
Inactive

yosf wrote:
Not going to spoil it but the ending of last nights SGU.

WOW.
WTF.

Mid-season break time so we got more than a few weeks before we find out what happens next.

Yeah, best episode so far...what irritated me was that it did not state when it is returning. Guess I could look it up but why wouldn't they want their fans to know?

12th Fleet - Engineering "Jötnar"- Alpha Squadron
USS Crazy Horse's "NCC-50446"
Current Assignment - Testing New Technology
=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Sat December 5th, 2009 5:28 pm 
Inactive

I don't trust Rush any more even though I liked him at first. The hole episode felt like our recent drama.

USS Volga
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

PostPosted: Sun December 6th, 2009 1:11 am 
Inactive

Mendal wrote:
I don't trust Rush any more even though I liked him at first. The hole episode felt like our recent drama.

Rush is the kind of guy will sacrifice anything to him own self-mastur***** pride (sorry for being rude)! My old Boss was like that! jeez i would do anything to drop him in a velociraptor's cage... he was brilliant but sometimes he doesn't know when to keep quite... Grrr

12th Fleet - Research Division.

PostPosted: Sun December 6th, 2009 4:13 am 
Inactive

Mendal wrote:

Yeah, I don't like where they have taken Rush and the Colonel's characters....they are both a little too dark..but then again, so is the whole show.

12th Fleet - Engineering "Jötnar"- Alpha Squadron
USS Crazy Horse's "NCC-50446"
Current Assignment - Testing New Technology

PostPosted: Tue December 8th, 2009 12:30 pm 
SPOILERS BELOW

Damn, talk about ruining the two best characters in ONE single episode.. Rush tries to frame Young for murder and gets put of the ship, and Young tries to kill Rush (Leaving him on a planet without water/food) and then lies to the crew about it.

It feels a bit like Lost.. They just have to throw in the most shocking ending all the time to keep people watching :/

PostPosted: Sat December 12th, 2009 10:00 am 
Inactive

Heh just saw this topic i also watch the show :)

Some might disagree but i liked the mid season finale Rush was a cool character but its Stargate being stranded on a planet with no food and water hasn't stopped them before.
He has a ship albeit a broken down piece of junk, trust me I've seen quite a bit of stargate we have not seen him for the last time :)

As for my favorite character it was probably Rush not really sure who ill like the next half of the season. The whole get it done no matter who gets hurt was kinda cool but also got a bit dark i agree with Fritoman this series is a whole lot darker then any Stargate ive seen.

PostPosted: Sat December 12th, 2009 10:21 am 
Inactive

I am a huge Stargate fan as is my wife. We have all the seasons from SG-1 and SGA as well as all, what is it, three movies. But we kind of gave up on SGU after the seventh episode. It just seemed to us anyway like a half hearted attempt to combine the goodness of BSG and Stargate but I think ultimately it was disappointing, for us anyway.

I did really like the Rush character I found him to be very interesting but I could not really invest in the show with only one character I found compelling. But I will keep up here and if people say it takes a big turn up in quality I will be happy to give it another try.

Oh and that body swapping episode with Young getting his freak on in Telford's body is scaring. That will not wash out of my mind.

Medical Division, Command Advisor
Current Mission: Intelligence Review
Current Location: USS Osprey
=/\= =============================================== =/\=
"In war there is no substitute for victory." -General Douglas MacArthur

PostPosted: Sat December 12th, 2009 3:35 pm 
Inactive

If you look on IMDB it shows that the actor who plays Rush is credited with 20 episodes. Have a feeling a major part of the next episode will be him fixing that ship or meeting some new alien race an getting back to the ship.

We have yet to see any Humanoid Aliens in the show.

PostPosted: Wed December 16th, 2009 7:28 pm 

So I'm new here to the forums but am glad to see we have some Stargate fans! Stargate is by far my favorite series. I watched all 10 seasons of SG-1 in two months, so basically I had no life then! ...good times!

But anyways on to SGU! So far I am very impressed by the cinematography in this series. Very dark and gloomy when compared to Col. O'Neill comical jokes. The one problem I have with the series so far is the lack of plot. I realize the whole idea is to get back to Earth but, the show currently feels like it is missing something; however, that being said the mid-season finale (by far the best episode so far) gives me hope that we may be seeing the emergence of a greater plot (more reasonable than getting back to earth...something probably saved for the last season of the show). A constant theme from the previous shows is that there is an enemy whether it be the Goauld from SG-1 or the Wraith from Atlantis. I'm kind of disappointed because it seems like they are going to be bringing the Lucian Alliance back (never really liked them). My guess is that the ship Rush is stranded on the planet with is not Ancient and in fact some kind of vessel from the Lucian Alliance. It is possible that he will figure out how to use it and we will all think Rush is a freakin' genius; however, it is also possible that some scout ships could come looking for this ship and Rush will become captured. I'm really excited though for the addition of Rhona Mitra to the cast (hot!!!). It's said that she will be some kind of commander in the Lucian Alliance.

As for the characters: I really like Eli and the way the writers worked his part into the show with the whole computer game thing. Rush is probably my second favorite character as I like the whole mad scientist kind of thing. I cannot stand the Lt. Scott. I believe he is far too young to have such a leadership role as it seems Master Sgt. Greer has a lot more experience and is a much more focused (i.e. he doesn't sneak off with the senator's daughter) and strong individual. In my opinion Greer should be second in command. I'm kind of indifferent when it comes to Col. Young. I don't really know if I like his leadership and was kind of glad when Rush framed him for murder. I'm also not a big fan of the women on this show, the senator's daughter is the most interesting of the main three and I'm guessing later on down the road she and Eli will hook up (screw Lt. Scott lol). The medic woman is imo dumb and I thought it was so dumb that Young left her in charge when he went to the ice planet....SHES A MEDIC...GREER IS A MASTER SERGEANT!!!! Sorry lol it just infuriates me.

All that said though, I really do like the show and I watch it every Friday. I have a good feeling about the second half of this season!!!

=/\===================================/\=
Lieutenant Alexandria Ash
The 12th Fleet
Valkyries Tactical Division - Beta Squadron -
Current Mission: Shore Leave
Current Location: Trill
=/\===================================/\=
I'm your huckleberry.