It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Pre-Order STO info
PostPosted: Tue November 10th, 2009 5:34 pm 

Since I don't have much else to do before its time to hit the sack & since Feb 2,2010 is the Release date. If you want to pre-order the game, it does offer some advantages.

Pre-Order from Gamestop: in-game Starfleet Constitution Class Starship. This unique, upgradable starship comes equipped with blue phasers and an extra engineering station mod slot. Beauty Shot: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus ... onusLG.jpg

Pre-Order from Amazon: Access to open Beta and a Borg Bridge Officer. Beauty Shot: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G ... fficer.jpg

Pre-Order from Best Buy: Nothing Posted as of yet.

The Big Question for me, is a Borg Bridge Officer. You can take on any ship from what I have been reading. So you could make even your lower Tier ships deadlier (I presume) . As old school as the Constitution Class is, I don't see it being that adaptable. (shrug) It will be interesting to see what Best Buy has to offer.

I will up-date this thread when it becomes available.

United Federation Of Planets: 12th Fleet
=/\= ========================== =/\=

Post subject: Re: Pre-Order STO info
PostPosted: Wed November 11th, 2009 3:41 am 
Inactive

Thanks for the information and the screen shots. I am also curious as to what bonus if any Best Buy will offer. The other two are intriguing and I am curious as to what in-game effects either will have.

Does the Constitution count as a Light Cruiser, and can you access it immediately?

Does the Borg BO count as Sci, Eng, or Tac. Or is she something new altogether? What kind of station can you assign her to?

Very interesting indeed. I look forward to finding out more.

12th Fleet - JAG Division
Crafter
=/\= ============================ =/\=
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed November 11th, 2009 4:47 am 

If I had to make an immediate choice... it would be with Gamestop. They're MUCH more reliable with in-store pickup as an option than Amazon with these MMO releases. Though the Borg is a decent extra.

I would imagine that by previous MMO releases that the ship and Borg would be offered right away.

Assignment: USS Freedom (NCC-32303)
Alpha Squadron, 4th Fleet
United Federation of Planets
=/\= ====================== =/\=

PostPosted: Wed November 11th, 2009 4:55 am 
Inactive

id go with the gamestop offer, I like blue phasers!

I hope bestbuy does an offer for the Klingons, like a K'tinga with purple disruptors or something.

?: USS Elysium/USS Estuary
?: 12th-fleet
?: Exploration/Gamma Squadron
?: System Online
??????????????????????????

PostPosted: Wed November 11th, 2009 3:36 pm 

I've done Amazon before on Pre-Orders, Did it for Warhammer Online CE addition. Had it at my door they day of release. And I did not pay anything extra to get it sent the next day.

But back the the big question at hand, these two bonuses for Pre-ordering really makes me wonder. If you as the Capt go the Science Route. A Connie would be a very nice addition to your Fleet. Since it should be classed a Cruiser, I would think it would be in the Tactical branch? So to have the option to take out this ship and command it would be an added plus.

Same goes with the Borg BO. Would be interesting what he/she would have to offer.

PostPosted: Wed November 11th, 2009 5:09 pm 
Inactive

I'll probably go with gamestop even though most people will preorder the game so these offers will not be special. So half fed players will have a constitution star ship and the other half will have a borg officer

PostPosted: Wed November 11th, 2009 5:14 pm 

Well Best buy now has it listed for Pre-Order but no special order information is currently available.

PostPosted: Thu November 12th, 2009 5:23 am 
Inactive

AncientAngel wrote:
I've done Amazon before on Pre-Orders, Did it for Warhammer Online CE addition. Had it at my door they day of release.

Hmmm at door the day of release.....that will be 6-8 hours too late, Gamestop here I come :lol:

12th Fleet - Engineering "Jötnar"- Alpha Squadron
USS Crazy Horse's "NCC-50446"
Current Assignment - Testing New Technology
=/\= ============================ =/\=

PostPosted: Thu November 12th, 2009 2:06 pm 

AncientAngel wrote:
I've done Amazon before on Pre-Orders, Did it for Warhammer Online CE addition. Had it at my door they day of release. And I did not pay anything extra to get it sent the next day.

But back the the big question at hand, these two bonuses for Pre-ordering really makes me wonder. If you as the Capt go the Science Route. A Connie would be a very nice addition to your Fleet. Since it should be classed a Cruiser, I would think it would be in the Tactical branch? So to have the option to take out this ship and command it would be an added plus.

Same goes with the Borg BO. Would be interesting what he/she would have to offer.

I would have to agree, Amazon has never failed me in release day delivery, and it seems a lot easier then waiting online at my local gamestop in Brooklyn. What sold me was the access to open Beta.

PostPosted: Thu November 12th, 2009 5:10 pm 

raven11220 wrote:
AncientAngel wrote:

I would have to agree, Amazon has never failed me in release day delivery, and it seems a lot easier then waiting online at my local gamestop in Brooklyn. What sold me was the access to open Beta.

I agree 100% about the access to open Beta.
Amazon here I come! I'll let you know what I find out as time goes by.
Ok here is a snippit from the site.

Pre-order Offer
Pre-order Star Trek Online and receive access to the open beta (dates not yet announced) and an Amazon.com exclusive Borg Bridge Officer. Beta access codes will be e-mailed out prior to the start of the open beta. Borg officer codes will be located inside the box. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.

Last edited by BlueHawaiiSurfer on Thu November 12th, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.