It is currently Thu April 18th, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Pre-Order STO info
PostPosted: Tue December 15th, 2009 4:55 pm 
Inactive

amadusprime wrote:
Even though I would prefer to have the Borg officer, I am probably going to pre-order from GameStop. 90% of the time they are going to get a AAA game like STO first thing in the morning. With Amazon you are going to be at the mercy of the FedEx/UPS driver. Remember, all Amazon promises is delivery on the 2nd but FedEX/UPS have until 4 or 7pm (depending on where you live) to make that delivery. And being the impatient bastard that I am, possibly getting the game at that time is unacceptable to me.

Aye, that is very true, however, with the preorder, we not only get access to the open beta, but also the head start. Seeing as the head start begins a couple days before the release of the product to the store, the preorder people will already have the full STO client installed WAY before we receive the physical game. At that point, all we're really getting are our special bonuses (borg officer, constitution class starship, etc, etc). Since my character will be a few days all by that point anyway, I can easily wait for my borg officer to arrive.

PostPosted: Tue December 15th, 2009 5:45 pm 
Inactive

ObsidianBlk wrote:
amadusprime wrote:
Even though I would prefer to have the Borg officer, I am probably going to pre-order from GameStop. 90% of the time they are going to get a AAA game like STO first thing in the morning. With Amazon you are going to be at the mercy of the FedEx/UPS driver. Remember, all Amazon promises is delivery on the 2nd but FedEX/UPS have until 4 or 7pm (depending on where you live) to make that delivery. And being the impatient bastard that I am, possibly getting the game at that time is unacceptable to me.

Aye, that is very true, however, with the preorder, we not only get access to the open beta, but also the head start. Seeing as the head start begins a couple days before the release of the product to the store, the preorder people will already have the full STO client installed WAY before we receive the physical game. At that point, all we're really getting are our special bonuses (borg officer, constitution class starship, etc, etc). Since my character will be a few days all by that point anyway, I can easily wait for my borg officer to arrive.

:o You are right! i forgot about the head start!

12th Fleet
Diplomatic Division
Beta Squad

=/\= ============================ =/\=
"A diplomat who says “yes” means “maybe", a diplomat who says “maybe" means “no”, and a diplomat who says “no” is no diplomat.”
Charles Maurice De Talleyrand-Perigord (1754-1838)

PostPosted: Tue December 15th, 2009 6:30 pm 
Inactive

Finally Europe has some pre-order places + neat gifts!
http://www.startrekonline.com/retail

PostPosted: Tue December 15th, 2009 11:22 pm 
Inactive

amadusprime wrote:

It's verry true indeed. Hay! New Idea per order from both give the game to someone els and use the per order bonnis from both. *nods to self* I may just be stuped enof to do it too.

12th Fleet
Research Division | Alpha Squad
USS Fenrir | NCC-201983

=/\= ====================================== =/\=
"It never ceases to amaze me how every time you
open you're mouth you PROOOVE you're an IDIOT!"
Vegeta | Dragon Ball Z

PostPosted: Wed December 16th, 2009 12:42 am 
Inactive

graylobo wrote:
It's verry true indeed. Hay! New Idea per order from both give the game to someone els and use the per order bonnis from both. *nods to self* I may just be stuped enof to do it too.

Of course, I hear rumors that Cryptic may be releasing all of these items on a store for micro transactions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6