It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon February 22nd, 2016 6:46 am 

Pottsey wrote:
I don't like the way we are forced to take passives that are useless for our build. I don't want passive energy weapon boosts and others don't want passive projectile weapon boosts. At one point you have to choice between two energy skills and another point choice between 2 projectile skills.

no better than the pet upgrades on the first and third tac upgrades i think it was. it only benefits the klingons because their the only faction with a carrier that low

USS Lusitania NCC-93015 Nebula Class

Patrolling

Infected/Cleared, Cure/Cleared, Kithomer Accord/Cleared, Terradome/Cleared
Foundry FED: Player Concept Housing*, Great Raid (part 1), Training Ground 2.0, Ultimate Deathmatch, Redshirt Zombie, All Hallows Eve

*Down for Repairs

PostPosted: Mon February 22nd, 2016 11:11 pm 
Vice Admiral

Man I was just starting to get a good handle on this part of the game. This revamp does look WAY easier to understand but it appears to be taking away some of the tech feel to the game if you know what I mean and that's the stuff that makes Star Trek go.

Kuvak
Tactical-VA
(MACO/S31)

PostPosted: Mon February 22nd, 2016 11:22 pm 

Kuvak wrote:
Man I was just starting to get a good handle on this part of the game. This revamp does look WAY easier to understand but it appears to be taking away some of the tech feel to the game if you know what I mean and that's the stuff that makes Star Trek go.

My take on that, if I am understanding what you are saying, is that I will miss the more satisfying nature of the old interface. It was cool to toss a few points into a Skill and watch the bars fill, change color, and so on. While not strictly Star Trek in appearance, I felt it was a little more interactive than the new system and felt a little more like managing a resource.

But yeah, I think you (And Cryptic) are correct in that this interface will look more familiar and thus easier to grasp for new players. Particularly those who are used to more traditional Skill Tree interfaces over the last few years.

PostPosted: Tue February 23rd, 2016 1:08 am 
Vice Admiral

Spot on with "Interactive"....yep that tech feel!! lol!

Kuvak
Tactical-VA
(MACO/S31)

PostPosted: Wed February 24th, 2016 12:55 am 

Kuvak wrote:
Spot on with "Interactive"....yep that tech feel!! lol!

Indeed.

I do like the visual nature of the class progression track at the bottom of the skill screen. The only two things that I am not as pleased with are that,

a) During the individual track progressions, there are times when you have to select between two passives that may be completely useless to your build. and

b) While I really like the idea of seeing variable levels of progression in the three tracks, it feels a little out of place during leveling. I think it would have been more effective if you had to spend some points during character creation that would determine your starting abilities or similar and progress you along the tracks in such a way that after selecting your "Interests" you would get a recommendation for a particular class. e.g. more points in certain things might lead to the Science track, or different choices leading to Engineering, and so on.

Still given a choice at the end of course, but it would have felt a little more like an actual progression that you might continue to follow while leveling post character creation. Kind of like "Here is what you studied at the academy and what your focus was leading towards.

As it stands now it feels more like pick a color for your uniform, okay, now decide if that's what you want to work towards. Heh

PostPosted: Fri July 20th, 2018 10:20 pm 
Command Advisor

I'm starting to like the new system.. Except for that I just wish they could fix the rep system.
In a way that you can choose a permanent reputation trait rather then having to switch from ground heavy to space heavy traits that is if you like to pvp. but either way it still seems silly having to switch.

I guess im thinking from a pvp perspective still though and pvp is so much more dead now.