It is currently Wed May 15th, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri February 26th, 2010 11:37 am 

Appearantly this was also marked as griefing and it's a bug that will be fixed soon, but sit down, relax and enjoy the next video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw

GM replies to the issue:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showth ... ost2208525
Quote:
Funny story:

So I was busy doing my GM thing when Meskurra sends me a PM asking if klingons are supposed to be able to go onto a fed ship. As long as I have been playing STO going on bridges has been cross faction, so I said yes. Meskurra then asked me to teleport to them to check something out.

I GM-magiked myself over and saw the "bridge of death." Turns out that players had been sending in stuck tickets because they could not get out, which was how we became aware of the problem. Meskurra was there teleporting everyone out who asked.

At first I was in awe because that was the type of pvp I have been wanting in STO, then I was not happy because of all the extra work it was giving us.

To get on the bridge you have to be specifically invited. If you accept an invite then you are consenting to what happens. So joining a cross faction bridge for pvp is not considered being griefed.

Then I hear talk about not being able to leave the bridge. If people were trapped on a cross faction bridge than I was going to have a HUGE problem. To the tune of removing everyone involved from the game. I did some investigation and found that if you stood by the door you could leave, even if you were in combat.

At that point I was ok with everything. Maybe I got there too late, or I left too early but once I asked for them to stop blocking the exit they did. I sat there invisible for quite a while and waited for them to block the exit again so I could action them (If I am expected to sit and baby sit for that long I better be able to ban someone) but they did not. Everyone in the zone who asked was teleported outside.

Now the best part about this story is that during the shenanigans a dev came over to ask me some questions. I showed him what was going on and told him how badly I wanted it to be real. His response was, and I quote:

Quote:
O.o!!!

Then he continued to explain to me how cross faction bridges were a bug that was fixed forever ago. Apparently the bug some how snuck back on but was never looked at again because it had been fixed.

Long story short cross faction bridges are a bug and will be fixed in the future. The only act of griefing in this bridge situation was blocking the exit, which stopped when asked.

PS: I'm hurt that you would show a quote of mine with a typo. I thought we were pals :(

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showth ... ost2209143
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyronea
Firstly, thank you for a long and detailed response on this issue, and although I am not entirely satisfied by your answer I do appreciate it being given.

If I may ask, what does the self-destructing in Earth orbit qualify as, out of curiosity? Does it constitute some sort of griefing or interfering in other's play, or does it simply qualify as annoying yet still within the rules?

Now I know my name is yellow, which is going to have my words shine like truth, but this is going to be my opinion on how I look at things while on duty.

I consider griefing to be harassment that a player can not escape from in game. Logging off doesn't count because that is you escaping out of game.

With our one server system we have build into the game one of the greatest tools ever to grace an MMO: the "change instance" button.

"Change instance" will get you around 90% of the bugs in STO. Including all the griefing.

Someone is blocking a room on earth spacedock with cover shield? Change instance and you are free to move. People are blowing themselves up on sol space? Change instance and it is clear skys.

This does not mean that we want cover shield to be able to block social areas, or that we like having the ability to blow yourself up and hurt your fellow faction. It is our job to make sure stuff like that can not happen in our game, they are issues we need to fix.

What this means is that players can avoid these behaviors. If it is not a situation where you are trapped you should submit a ticket, change instance, and go on your way. Or change instance, submit a ticket, and go on your way, depending on how you feel.

You should always submit a ticket for these types of behaviors so we can research the situations accordingly. Tickets are the fastest way you can help inform us of bugs that hinder the enjoyment of players.

Considering that the exploding ships can so easily be avoided I would consider it more along the lines of exploitation of game mechanics then griefing, and action according to that.

PostPosted: Fri February 26th, 2010 1:08 pm 
Inactive

I was under the impression that self destruct can no longer be activated unless a person is in combat? :sigh:

Current Mission: " A 5 year mission, to boldly go....."
Current Location: Behind you ;-)

=/\= ================================================== =/\=

ImageImage

Playing from Nevada - USA
"It's not tragic to die doing what you love to do"

PostPosted: Fri February 26th, 2010 2:04 pm 
Inactive

You are right BUT somewhere in the forum I saw a list of abilities which put you into combat, ramming speed for example..

=/\= ======================== =/\=
Captain Jonathan Barrett
Valkyries Tactical Division Delta Squad
The 12th Fleet
United Federation of Planets
USS Styx Rapier Class
=/\= ======================== =/\=

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you. (Murphys Law of Combat)

PostPosted: Fri February 26th, 2010 2:39 pm 
Inactive

Lethe wrote:
You are right BUT somewhere in the forum I saw a list of abilities which put you into combat, ramming speed for example..

Intresting :gnorsi:

Current Mission: " A 5 year mission, to boldly go....."
Current Location: Behind you ;-)

=/\= ================================================== =/\=

ImageImage

Playing from Nevada - USA
"It's not tragic to die doing what you love to do"

PostPosted: Fri February 26th, 2010 3:48 pm 
Inactive

thats funny "a cunning trap"

Commander Workshop2
Workshop2@Workshop2
http://x-volt.com

PostPosted: Fri February 26th, 2010 8:27 pm 

I like the music! Happy St.Pat's! :mrgreen:

USS Dorchester-NCC 91002-B
12th Fleet, United Federation of Planets
=/\===================================/\=

PostPosted: Fri February 26th, 2010 8:45 pm 
Inactive

Hahaha that was awesome.

Medical Division, Command Advisor
Current Mission: Intelligence Review
Current Location: USS Osprey
=/\= =============================================== =/\=
"In war there is no substitute for victory." -General Douglas MacArthur

PostPosted: Sat February 27th, 2010 7:20 am 
Inactive

Check out these guys recruitment video.. epic beyond compare!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gwCmfLxIcw&feature=related

Current Assignment: Organizing the new Intel staff
=/\= ================ =/\=

needing a new sig.. anyone who makes me one will get a free pie