It is currently Fri April 19th, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Resignation
PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 7:25 am 

This has been a while coming, I've been hoping to avoid it, hoping to work past it, hoping to make things better here so that I in good conscience could stay a member of the 12th Fleet. However I have finally hit my limit and must turn in my resignation from the 12th Fleet. I have been a member of this fleet since June 2011, just recently passing 1,200 days in fleet. I've flown the colors of L&S (Better known now as SBO), MACO, and Veterans.

Some are probably asking why I'm not transferring back to Veterans, and the reason is I can no longer remain in a fleet that is unwilling to address the problem at it's core. That and I'm getting very tired of logging on Teamspeak and not having any friends online to play with.

There are some very good people in command right now, trying their damnedest to pull us out of this mess that happened two months ago. There have been several long hours, hours of missed game time, or time with family and friends committed to trying to fix this fleet. They are to be commended, especially Kevprime and Qordaq who have gone above and beyond in trying to make things happen. They have some things in the works that I think might help, but unfortunately none of it will matter until one thing happens. That is Enterprise-D yielding his power.

As long as Ent-D remains the Fleet Admiral and Directive 10 remains in existence, not a damn thing the Council of Admirals do will mean a thing. Ultimate power remains in D's hands. He has shown multiple times he is willing to break the rules to suite his needs and ignore the activity rules. Before he logged on Tuesday, he had not logged on to the game since September 10th. Here is a screen grab I took on the morning of the 30th that I posted in the Officer's Lounge before D logged on.

Attachment:
D Activity.png
D Activity.png [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 2639 times ]

D had not logged into game for 20 days which is a clear and direct violation of this rule:
Quote:
In-game And Forum Activity
All members of command (Fleet Captain and up) must adhere to the regular fleet activity rules. In addition, Command Advisers, Fleet Captains, and Rear Admirals must have a reasonable Fleet presence, both on the game and the forums, within 2 weeks. Vice Admirals, the Fleet Executive Officer and the Fleet Admiral must have a reasonable presence on the forums within a week. All command members are also expected to be active on the 12th Recruitment Thread on the STO forum.

I think it's funny that just after that post that he finally decided to jump on the game, yet still has to my knowledge not taken the time to respond to commands multiple requests for interaction and guidance.

One of my favorite teachers in high school drove something in to our heads as we went through his history class. He would always say, "Leaders are important." The more I have lived my life the more I realize this is so true. We have all watched the various iterations of Star Trek and seen great leaders, lead crews through turmoil. Picard, Sisko, Kirk, Janeway, Archer... they all have faced adversity and brought their crews home as best they could. But for everyone of those legendary captains, there were those leaders who would do wrong by their subordinates. Admiral Pressman who sacrificed his crew for the Pegasus Cloaking Device, Admiral Cartwright who conspired to keep the Federation and Klingons at war, and Admiral Dougherty who sold out the Ba'ku to the Son'a. Among those I'm afraid I now in my mind hold Enterprise-D in the same regard.

The thing is, those 3 admirals only affected fictional people. Enterprise-D has destroyed a community of hundreds, and literally tore it in half with no remorse. He has not apologized, he had not shown any regret, and he has shown no desire to lead or take responsibility in these last few months. These are not the actions of a leader, they are that of a coward.

One common thread that has been going through command since all this started, and it is part of what started this whole mess, is that nothing can be done to touch Enterprise-D. He has built the rules and the structure of the fleet that only he holds any true power. This is truly D's sandbox, and we are all toys in it. D's will be done, D's kingdom come. And now it's in flames, is merely a shell of it's self, and will sputter on into the future.

Command have bluntly stated that there is quite literally nothing they can do to remove D. The reason the 5 were kicked were because they tried to investigate a way to do so in the event that D would not yield to the wishes of the fleet. Let me make one thing perfectly clear to those who are not in the know or do not understand... the vice admirals have NO real power. If D want's to overturn their decisions there is no mechanism to fight that, there is no mechanism to protect you from his will.

I truly tip my hat to the members of Command that are sticking around and trying to fix things. You all have some good folks there now that truly want the best for the fleet. I'm just afraid that no matter what they do none of it will matter.

To those that are still here and still want to be my friend, I say thank you. Thanks for the good times and the fun over the last 3 years. For most of you it's been an honor to play with. I wish you all nothing but the best in the future.

Live long and prosper ya'll. :vulcan2:

Last edited by Galcyon on Thu October 2nd, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Resignation
PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 8:58 am 

Semper Invictus comrade. Semper Vigilans.

Semper Invictus, Semper Vigilans - Ever Invincible, Ever Watchful

PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 10:24 am 

I'm not sure if i have you on my friends list or not Gal, i'll send you an invite when i'm on next.

Good luck buddy ;)

PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 10:28 am 

Sorry to see you go Galcyon. Take care and I wish you the best in the future and hope to see you around in game soon. :D

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 11:08 am 

Very well written post.

I can not fault your reasons, but it is sad to see you go. As along with KevPrime, and QorDaq like you mention, you were also trying to make improvements.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

/salute

PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 12:19 pm 
Inactive

I understand Gal feel free to hit me up anytime.

PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 1:18 pm 

I can understand your reason for leaving Galcyon. I'm very sad to see you go and like the others here, feel free to add me to your friend list and hit me up if you need a medic for anything, i'll always be happy to run with you.

Fair winds and following seas....

Dan

PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 2:36 pm 

Galcyon, I'm sorry to hear this, but I too completely understand your reason for leaving. I wish you all the best in you future endeavours. Take care buddy.

:vulcan2:

PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 2:41 pm 

Well Explained And Thought Out. One Point I'd Make Is That If D Is Never Online Its Not Like We Have To Listen To Him Either Unless A Repeat Of Two Months Ago OccurS Again...

PostPosted: Thu October 2nd, 2014 2:50 pm 

Hiya Galcyon,

As mentioned in the other thread, it was good getting to know and work with you. As I have said from the beginning of all of this; each of us has to make the choice in terms of what they are willing and able to live with, so in no way can I in good conscience advise anyone to go or stay.

I respect your decision and bid you continued success in whatever come next. I also thank you for the work you put in for the benefit of the Fleet and it's members.

Not sure if I've got you on my in-game friends list or not, but feel free to shoot me a request if not (@QorDaq), take care and keep in touch man.

qab...