It is currently Thu March 28th, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed February 22nd, 2012 8:48 pm 

Just out of curiosity, what do you want the textures for?

PostPosted: Thu February 23rd, 2012 12:27 pm 
Inactive

Blaze wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what do you want the textures for?

I was thinking maybe I could make some outposts with a similar design to Valhalla (cause I assume when we get territorial control in the game in some time we will get to put up outposts) so I would just like to use the same texture for the pattern to be recognized

=/\= ====================== =/\=
Lieutenant Xuth Zomos
Alpha tactical squad
USS Hyperion
The 12th Fleet
United Federation of Planets

PostPosted: Fri February 24th, 2012 12:06 am 

I could upload them, but I don't think they'd be much help. They're all UV locked to the model, so you can't directly use them on another.

Don't take this the wrong way, but my advise to you would be to create some new ones yourself. If you want to be a modeller/animator, you need to learn all the techniques that go with it. Besides, the basic colours are blue and grey, so you can't go far wrong. ;)

PostPosted: Fri February 24th, 2012 12:13 am 
Inactive

Blaze wrote:
I could upload them, but I don't think they'd be much help. They're all UV locked to the model, so you can't directly use them on another.

Don't take this the wrong way, but my advise to you would be to create some new ones yourself. If you want to be a modeller/animator, you need to learn all the techniques that go with it. Besides, the basic colours are blue and grey, so you can't go far wrong. ;)

oh ok thx

Yeah when it comes to modelling I can say I am at an intermediate level but my texturing powers suck. I mean I can create different materials in 3ds max but when it comes to Photoshop....

But yeah I have been looking to train up in texturing and I should improve my UVW mapping as well

:beer:

Lieutenant Xuth Zomos
Alpha tactical squad
USS Hyperion
The 12th Fleet

PostPosted: Fri February 24th, 2012 12:52 am 

We all suck at one point, just keep working on it. Once you have a general idea on UV mapping, that will also help your modelling. You can plan ahead on how it will be textured.

I've only used Max a few times, but from what I know the general texturing isn't much different to Lightwave. Let me know if you need a hand with anything, even if it's just a few pointers here and there.

PostPosted: Sat February 25th, 2012 1:14 am 
Inactive

Blaze wrote:
We all suck at one point, just keep working on it. Once you have a general idea on UV mapping, that will also help your modelling. You can plan ahead on how it will be textured.

I've only used Max a few times, but from what I know the general texturing isn't much different to Lightwave. Let me know if you need a hand with anything, even if it's just a few pointers here and there.

I will thank you :D

Lieutenant Xuth Zomos
Alpha tactical squad
USS Hyperion
The 12th Fleet

PostPosted: Tue March 6th, 2012 5:56 pm 
Inactive

Nice magazine. As I have just joined the fleet, this was my first read and I was impressed. Wish it would have been a bit longer but I'm sure it takes a tremendous amount of work and I only wish it was longer cause I WANTED MORE,lol. Great job......
Randax

Charlie Squad
--The Vulcan with the pointy ears--

PostPosted: Fri March 16th, 2012 5:18 am 
Inactive

Randax wrote:
Nice magazine. As I have just joined the fleet, this was my first read and I was impressed. Wish it would have been a bit longer but I'm sure it takes a tremendous amount of work and I only wish it was longer cause I WANTED MORE,lol. Great job......
Randax

Absolutely: This was my first impression as well, though it was definitely long enough for me because it must have taken a ton of effort to produce. When I saw our magazine I said WOW!

Brently's Biography

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6